Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Employee Reviews

Enclosed environment surrounded by bustling fans
Snack Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
The BMO stadium staircases are extremely tight and narrow for a vendor to be walking up and down while holding a 30lb. box strapped around your neck. My manager was helpful however, an individual who was part of the MLSE staff who I did not know, made a rude and unnecessary comment towards me during my shift. The atmosphere is busy and full of crazed fans.
Pros
Gaining entrance to the game being played
Cons
Carrying an extremely heavy box of snacks and drink throughout the entire shift
setup teardown
Setup, tear down (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Busy yet fun place to work. good managment. willing to work for again! Hardest part is waiting for crowds to clear up to start cleen up and tear down. Pro being able to see some of the game going on.
Great for watching the sports games.
In-Seat Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
Being able to watch the sports is great. However, constantly walking up flights of stairs is not. It is hard to get time off here and you are not able to send in "availability". You are able to choose the shifts you want to work, but will get scheduled even if you didn't choose the shift. Not allowed switching shifts. Short hours which is great for students, not that good for when you need time off for exams.
Overworked underpaid
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
It's a boys club. No room for advancement and they take heavy advantage of their employees. You are not paid for working weekends, and there is no work life balance. Its okay to get the company name on your resume, but I wouldn't recommend staying longer than 2 years at this company.
Fun place to work
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
I quite enjoyed working for MLSE. the atmosphere was fun and most of the people I got to work with were amazing. The downside for me would be the seniority system and not getting a lot of work in the first months of working there.
Good pay, interesting work but unpredictable schedule.
Concession Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
Unpredictable schedule. May be required for a shift that you cannot make. Although useful, MLSE's seniority system seems to get in the way for a lot of little things such as who does what on a specific day. Staff who have been there longer always get to choose. Bright side is decent pay and very lively place to work so it always remains interesting.
IT support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
Excellent people, enable to enjoy all concerts and sporting events, Fun fast pasted company either at the Air Canada Ctr or BMO field. Excellent managment.
Fantastic Fast Paced Job
Creative Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
Great place to work with lots of room for learning. Workplace culture centres around Toronto centric experiences and its nice to feel like youre a part of the team and adding to that atmosphere.

Great events!
Amazing work environment
Toronto Raptors Game Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Great company to work for and fantastic job!

Just wish there was greater employee appreciation, career growth options and more competitive pay structure.
Very flexible for anyone in school.
Concessions Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
The job is event-based. The cool thing is you can make your schedule to your own preference. However when playoffs come, you will most likely get required even when you can't work it for school or other reasons. A good job for people that are either in school, or doing this as a side job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not a year-round job
Fun and exciting job
Snack Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
I had a great time working for this company and had fun with each day that I got to work there. My job was to sell snacks which I was very good at doing. It was always fun selling snacks and helping the company money. At the end of night I would go back to the Vending room and cash out. The way the cash out system works is I would take out all the money I made on that night, pay the managers what I owe them and the rest is all yours along with all the tips that I made.
Pros
Selling snacks and having free views of concerts and games
Cons
Commission based job
Fun workplace
Security coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
I greatly enjoy working here because of the unique events experienced and the ability to impact a wide array of visitors and colleagues. I work with a great team and enjoy every shiftime I work regardless of the challenges faced at times. I hope to continue working in this job sector if given the opportunity.
Pros
Live event experiences
CO-OP Student (Former Employee) –  50 Bay Stree Toronto Ontario30 May 2016
MLSE is the place to be at if you love sports. It is a very team oriented company. I worked in multiple departments and from personal experience all of them did a lot to teach me about how the daily operations went.
Pros
Free snacks
Work hard, play hard mentality..."Left hand" has no idea what the "right hand" is doing.
IT Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Air Canada Center, ON15 April 2016
From an IT standpoint, I understand the organization was trying to get a handle on their problem of being uniquely understaffed, while having entire teams bear too much work, while other teams go under-utilized.
A great team!
Reservation Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
Working here is absolutely a pleasure. Though the work load can get very heavy, very quickly, the people you work with are always available to help.
Best job of life
Food and Beverage Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
What a great environment to work in. Always high energy and high fun. You basically get paid a good amount to work and watch the game at the same time.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Very Part time (10 hours/ weelk)
great time working with MLSE
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2015
it is a lot of fun working with MLSE, getting the chance to watch sporting events while working. Great employees, everyone collectively goes above and beyond.
Great place to work with many great people to support your development
Marketing & Promotions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
Great place to work that will provide with experience needed to develop your career path. The atmosphere can't be put into words, and you experience many different personalities in one venue.
Fun workplace
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto On6 July 2015
My reasonability is to setup the beverage stand I will be managing to ensure my employees can complete service during the game successfully. Document inventory prior, order missing product and verify floats for cashier before gates open. During the sporting event ensure all the policies are being followed by your employees and alcohol is shut down at the standard times. Verify income from each cashier and complete end count to make sure everything matches with the reports before locking up.
Exciting place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto7 April 2015
MLSE is a exciting place to work. It's a joy to interact with fans on game night, and to work with such professional and positive people.
Pros
The people
Cons
Traffic, driving into the city