POSITION: Shift Assistant (3rd Class Power Engineer)
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer
LOCATION: Brandon, Manitoba
Our pork processing plant in Brandon is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic individual ready to take the next step in their career. This hourly position will work primarily 12-hour shifts, as a rotating shift schedule to support the Shift Engineers. Get a fresh start with Maple Leaf Fresh Foods.
- Perform regular maintenance duties at the Power House & Pretreatment Plant
- Maintain/Monitor/Check all refrigeration equipment requirements
- Participate in plant equipment installations
- Interface with necessary contractual and inspection departments for corrective requirements
- Relieve the Shift Helpers for all absences – requires to be placed on shift pending return
- Carry out oral and printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion utilizing computerized maintenance system.
- A valid Manitoba 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate is required
- Knowledge of Natural Gas Fired Steam Boiler systems is an asset
- Familiarity with HVAC is a definite asset
- Ability to assist with the safe and efficient operation of a large ammonia refrigeration, boiler and pre-treatment plant
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. (Maple Leaf) is a meat, meals and bakery company serving wholesale, retail and foodservice customers across North...