POSITION SUMMARY: The position of Commissioning Coordinator will support the site commissioning team for the expansion occurring at the site. The role reports to the Commissioning Manager for the Project. This role is a 6 month contract position with the potential to extend, depending on the project requirements.
- Provides coordination and administrative support to the site commissioning team
- Prepares prescribed documentation for Equipment being commissioned. Gathers inputs and tracks progress as required by this prescribed documentation
- Monitors and reports on the status of defined components required for product commissioning.
- Updates the ongoing deficiencies list in excel on a daily basis; including critical items, new and completed tasks
- In coordination with the plant, keeps updated on and is updates the commissioning team on the current production schedules that impact any project tasks
- Gathers and analyzes data and inputs this data as well as other data from the commissioning team for use in analyzing the progress of the project
- Participates in site commissioning meetings and provides updated summary and action items as an outcome of the meetings; distributes to all relevant team members
- Prepares and updates PowerPoint presentations weekly or as required
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, as required
- Updates documentation on SharePoint
- Coordinates with Vendors to gather documentation required
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
Prior administrative experience preferred
Must be comfortable with working on the Plant floor as 25– 20% of the role will require support in the Plant
Must have strong working knowledge of MS Office, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint
College diploma or University degree, ideally in a business or operations stream
Data input is a large component of this role, thus detail orientation is a must
Knowledge of statistics and statistical process control is preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a high pressure, tight timeline environment
- Works with urgency and initiative, is able to anticipate work and seeks opportunities to support team
- Must be flexible to changing priorities and requirements
- This is a project oriented role, so clear focus and understanding of timelines and what’s required, along with a strong attention to detail and disciplined follow up are keys to success
- Able to support plant trials and 1st production on off shifts and weekends as required.
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading consumer packaged food company, headquartered in Toronto with operations across Canada and in the United...