Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, Enjoyable place to work. Dedicated co-workers. Continueous learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJune 25, 2013
Pros: hours to suit my needs at the time, benifits, continuous learning.
Cons: reluctance to continue an off-site relationship after my home relocation.
Maple Leaf Consumer Foods offered exactly what I was looking for at the time I needed it. A seasonal P/T position to begin, lead to permanent P/T and the hours that worked to my benefit.
MLCF is a fast paced environment that continues to provide challenging situations. Constant contact with the customer and internal departments encourages strong relationship – more... building and character.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with "fresh" product, inventory and on time delivery to the restaurants.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers, internal production planning, transportation and immediate co-workers. Building strong and trustworthy relationships was quite satisfying. – less
A great place to learn an array of skills
Asst. Category Insights Manager-Marketing (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 28, 2013
Pros: great values and great people
Cons: in a state of change
I very much enjoyed working at Maple Leaf Foods. It is a great place to develop a wide range of skill set and it has a very entrepreneurial environment.
Productive and work fun.
Production Worker (Current Employee), toronto on.May 21, 2013
I need to work really hard .I learned how to work as a team . Solve some small problems with the group. I find it hard in doing some lifting. But over all I enjoy it.
Fast paced food production/processing environment.
Preventative Maintenance and Project Crew Shift (Current Employee), Brandon, MBMay 12, 2013
Pros: good crew, management and a great cafeteria!
Cons: when the process fails and the animals suffer.
I work two days during production and two days Preventative Maintenance on the kill floor of a Hog Processing Facility. During production I would be called upon to keep the line running effeciently. When the line is running well I prep for the weekend Maintenance and Preventative and Time Based Maintenance Projects.
I learned that proper maintenance – more... and preparation are key elements in keeping production moving smoothly. Having the time and parts necessary to perform proper upkeep of equipment is a huge benefit in such a fast paced atmosphere.
Our Management is respectful, educated and interested in any ideas we have for improving production and our work environment.
My co-workers are from diverse cultures and countries. It provides for an in depth view of ideas and solutions as well as insight into the advantages of interacting and sharing our personal insights. We ice fish, bbq and attend social functions regularly.
The hardest of job is working on the kill floor where the hogs are ethaunized and bled.
The most enjoyable and important part of the job is knowing that my contributions and hard work have had a measurable and noted improvement in production and efficiency in my area of responsibility. – less
Customer Accounts Specialist for major accounts in the Atlantic Coast
Customer Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2013
Pros: great experience, great pay, great network, own office space, telephone number and email
Cons: long hours + weekends
As a Customer Accounts Specialist, my job was to manage customer accounts in the Atlantic Coast. Everyday I would get orders from customer of high quantity. My job was to enter there orders into the SAP system and ensure that it was processed correctly. While I managed about 15 main accounts daily, there were also other temporary accounts that were – more... also my responsibility. After order placing, I had to ensure that all departments were looking after the account - including credit, shipping, warehouse etc. At the end of the day I had the responsibility to prepare reports about transaction occurring each day. I also created SOP for various accounts to help other CSRs work more efficiently and effectively. The difficult part of the job was that I had to manage some of the hardest accounts, especially in the early stages of the job. I enjoyed the interaction I had with company managers and supervisors across the country. This was also my first professional job where I had my own office space, telephone and email. – less
I enjoyed it while working there.
cutting meat (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2013
Pros: good salary
Cons: overtime is mandatory
I learned very hard work but I enjoyed it while working there.
Anxiety-filled.
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONMarch 30, 2013
Cons: horrible co-workers, some older employees will sabotage the new employees to make them look bad
Maple Leaf is not a good place to work at all. The co-workers are nasty, bitter people who intentionally sabotage the new workers. The job is boring, and they only hire when they are behind on production. Once they catch up, you're gone. I worked there for a month and a week. I got fired right after all the grocery stores had their sausage and weiner – more... sale. And they wont even fire you properly. They will put you on call for a week and then mail you your termination letter, because they are too gutless to do it in person. DO NOT APPLY HERE, IT IS NOT WORTH IT! – less
Great Place to work
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 26, 2013
I complete checks every hour, checking paperwork, packages and cleanliness.
Management and co-workers very nice and easy to get along with
Should have been closed a long time ago.
Former employee (Former Employee), North BattlefordMarch 25, 2013
Cons: poisoned workplace that thrived on bullying
Not sorry to see the company leave this town. Unbelievably terrible work environment, lots of bullying and abuse condoned and/or initiated by the management staff. As bad as it gets. Anything was acceptable there, in fact, the worse the better. All the sane, smart, honest, hardworking, and beautiful people were forced off the job...
(to their own advantage, – more... however..:) Bye bye, scum. Bye. – less
A company that does not have identity yet
Various positions (Current Employee), MississaugaMarch 23, 2013
People are very friendly , but leadership does not give clear direction
Great place to work if you like to be bullied everyday
General Labourer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 21, 2013
Pros: no pros to mention
Cons: evrything about the place people drop meat on the floor and put it back on the line
If you like to be treated like garbage and ripped off on your pay check every couple of weeks, then Maple Leaf is the place for you. I worked there for 5 months and was ripped off four times. It also cost 130$ a month to be a Maple Leaf employee at the Courtland facility in Kitchener, Ontario. Nothing but bullies and ignorant people that think they – more... are better than everyone else. – less
Great co-workers but very long hours.
Supply Chain (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: very long hours and it's expected
A lot of change happening right now to make things better and find efficiencies...especially with the new mega plant...but this involves a lot of extra work and planning...and the expectation is that you just put in the extra hours (no extra pay or time-off). Makes work-life balance very difficult.
Safe and respectable working environment
material control (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: job flexability
A typical day entails a lot of traveling to different departments to pick up dirty work uniforms. Afterwards the soiled garments are brought back to my department to be sorted by color and washed on their appropriate settings. I must be diligently observant about what is lacking in each department so when I return for a drop off, I deliver the right – more... amount and proper sizes. I have learned a lot to cooperate and communicate effectively with my partner so as to make sure that our job is performed effectively and on time. I have also learned different sanitation procedures to avoid any possibility of cross contamination. Our management team is very proactively involved with its employees and are always readily available whenever even the slightest problem arises. I have a very good rapport with my coworkers. We work well as a unit. The most difficult aspect of my job would,occasionally, be the unloading of the industrial washers at times. I enjoy all other aspects of my job. – less
Intresting
Sanitation Trainee (Former Employee), North Battleford, SKMarch 1, 2013
Maple leaf was a good job. The hardest part of the job was making sure the chemicals were mixed right for the cleaning process. Working at Maple Leaf introduced me to life-long friends. I had the most friendliest supervisor and always went the extra mile to make his crew happy. Great guy.
excited with tool and fixed problems.
Assistant Engineer & Refrigeration Mechanic (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 21, 2013
worked on the air makeup unit and replaced the combustion air motor and adjusted the damper position.
checked condenser fan belts
SENIOR ACCOUNT SPECIALIST/SUPPLY CHAIN (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: company truck load sales
Cons: change
Fast paced, constantly changing enviroment. Corporate Values. Work life balance. The most enjoyable is daily interaction with customers and cross funtional departments.
Able to handle any job. . .
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: 30 minutes
Cons: 45 to 50 hrs weekly
A morning shift that starts from 6 Am to 2:30. I worked with different kinds of people, even those that don't speak English well. One of the hardest part of the job has to do with finding yourself in the midst of people of different beliefs, culture and languages and to adjust yourself. we made jokes and had fun during breaks and it helps make the job – more... easy for us. We had to obey every rule of the Employer, that is: start on time, go to and from break on time and never leave production area without permission. – less
Very good place to work
Intern/ELT student (Former Employee), MississaugaJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Very friendly and supportive working environments motivated me to work hard and do teamwork.

About Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a major Canadian food processing company, founded in 1927 as a merger of several major Toronto meat packers.

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Photos