Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews

Good company
Machine / Slicer Operator (Former Employee) –  150 Bartor Rd6 July 2016
Maple Leaf Foods is a good company to work. It is my first work experience in Canada and I'm grateful to have worked in this company .
It was an excellent place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
I loved every minute of working here for 15 years.And had very good coworkers. Management was alright compared to lot of other companies.
Pros
Good salary and very good benefits.
Cons
Very cold temperature inside in some areas.
very un-caring enviornment
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 June 2016
I learned time managment and how to achieve goals in a timely fasion but the managment was unorganized and not personable
Good Company
Customer Supply Chain Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2016
Good Company to work for. Good environment and friendly workplace.

Good perks., Flexible hours, good team spirit. fast paced environment to meet daily deadlines.
Back breaking but decent pay
Production and chlorine examiner (Current Employee) –  Thamesford, ON17 June 2016
Great as long as you come into this workplace realizing it's just a job and not a career. Oh, punctuality and doing a good job too of course.
Management leaves zero room for advancements to employees who have the schooling and qualifications. Instead, as most places, they have their favorites. It's a cycle that'll never be broken.
Pros
Good supervisors
Cons
Age of facility is showing daily. Major breakdowns.
terrible
Production Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2016
terrible nothing else to say, poorly ran! going down hill in the next few years! The human resources doesn't care about its employees
Over-aggressive management, poor worker morale, high turnover
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 June 2016
I found overall that Maple Leaf Foods was not an employer that treated skilled trades with respect, and in fact in some cases we were purposely mis-treated. I learned that they would find opportunities to force us to work on the weekend without paying overtime, and that management was over-aggressive and in many cases rude to the employees. It is not a family or friendly environment as you do not threaten family or friends. I would not work for MLF again and would encourage others to seek employment elsewhere.
Cons
Work weekend without overtime/recieved $2 food coupon for Christmas bonus
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2016
I was on contract through agency i wish i could be the their employee it was great experience. Friendly and very good working environment all employees and managers are very professional and very helpful to each other in this organization.
Pros
Free Lunches
One of the best corp. cultures
Demand Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2016
One of the best corporate cultures I have ever experienced. Plenty of room for growth in all possible business and operations sectors.
Competative
Various Departments (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB31 May 2016
I love working in a fast paced environment along with different cultures. I got to learn a lot in regards to different languages and foods and beliefs.
Review about my work place
4th Class Power Engineer Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2016
My work place is good for working. Working environment is cold and too noise but ok. I am Happy to my work. I can learn so many new things like work with safety, some technical job etc.Our management is good and helping.
alright place
Shipper / Receiver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2016
its alright has its ups and downs.

management is fair
location is fairly far
benefits are good
paid weekly
direct deposit
excellent
Semi-Skilled Butcher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2016
Great job. A fast paced environment. The hours are great, as is the culture and I don't think anything negative about Maple leaf Foods. The pay was reduced which given the quality of work and pace of the the job was not good. Warman road Maple leaf in its Prime was great. Supervisors,co-workers.
Pros
guaranteed hours/benefits environment
Cons
pay reduction over the years
everyday was a new place
Production Line Worker/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2016
working in a team environment making sure things get done on time and with a professional look and attitude. learned many things and city restrictions, hardest days is when it is very hot or when it is raining.
Pros
get rain days off
Cons
get rain days off
Unionized vs. Management
Semi-Skilled Operator (Current Employee) –  Hannon, ON23 May 2016
Unionized vs. Management is combative to say the least. Management seems to focus only on the numbers and not on the issues at hand that hinder those numbers being achieved
Kind people to work with, management isn't well structured
Production Worker/Backup Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2016
Friendly people to work with, management is not well organized. Also work is not steady, even with being hired on as full time, didn't always receive full time hours.
Steady, fairly easy and rewarding work
Material Supplier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 May 2016
Maple Leaf Foods offers a large variety of positions. Anywhere from Operators, to material handlers. The job in my opinion is fairly easy, not requiring extensive amounts of training but it does require attention to detail. Finding your own motivation to work there is also important. Overall, the job is good for any age bracket and any skill bracket.
N/a
Shipper (Current Employee) –  St. Marys, ON12 May 2016
best co. ever work pay and everything is a ok. very physical work god pay hard work flex shifts no time for anything just work
Pros
A
Cons
Z
Great Company!
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 May 2016
Great company culture with great leaders. My role was heavily team based and everyone was smart and great to work with. The company's values are not just letters on the wall, everyone authentically lives and works by them daily.
Unless you are desperate for a job stay away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2016
Corporate offices:
Worked in various departments Finance & IT over 15 years.
WAS a great place to work. Now a culture of oppression and lies.
No work life balance. Ask anyone in IT. Company wants you on call 24/7 and publishes your home number. Extremely high turnover especially in Finance. Ask how long your department manager has been there. Chances are under 2 years. Month end / year end you are expected to work non stop. Weekends / holidays do not exists. They keep cutting the period close deadlines shorter and shorter. They will promise you everything and deliver nothing. Their reward package "RFE" is now a complete joke. Rewards based on their value judgements and not your performance. A valued employe at Maple Leaf does not work hard, they just spend hundreds of hours there. It is all about being visible at work.

The company manages by intimidation. The culture of "you can easily be replaced" is rampant.

Look around the place. Do you see anyone smiling? Do you see anyone with grey hair? There is air of sadness all the time.
Pros
Pay scale is industry
Cons
No work life balance, long unrewarded hours, high turn over

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Reviews by Location