Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews in Canada

good place to learn
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 19, 2015
good place to work as well as learn. the staff is very good aswell as just a great overall good place to work, hours are good and great place to learn
Great Place to work, people are really nice.
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 18, 2015
I would recommend this Company to anyone looking for employment.
Management is easy to work with which makes the job there
that much easier. Co-workers are also easy to get along with
are willing to assist new employees.
Productive and Fun Workplace
industrial electrician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 11, 2015
Its a very good place to learn, learn and learn.

I have really learned lot and gained knowledge on food processing equipment like GEA, COZZINI, POLYCLIP, HVF etc.
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
Working at Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
Senior IS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 9, 2015
It's a good corporate working environment and great opportunities for career development. Currently company is re-structuring their operations and forecasting to be the best protein company within next 10 years.
A great place to learn a technology skill
SAP Architect (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 4, 2015
If you are just coming out of university and are looking for an environment in which you can learn a core technology, this would be a great place for you to work.
work experience
Industrial mechanic (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 1, 2015
Working here at the maple leaf Is very exciting ,Every day here we face new challenge and after solving the problems we feel so proud, we learned so many different thing \maple leaf have a very advance working environment we deals with robot and a high speed machines as well, Work environment is really very motivated
Pros
Good team
Cons
\no vacation during summer
high intensity
temporary (Current Employee) –  brampton,ontarioOctober 20, 2015
The stability in terms of work is not the best; you aren't guaranteed to work a full 8 hrs shift per day sometimes your shift is cut short.
The work provided by this company must be executed in a frigid environment due to the fact that it is meat. That being said it does take a toll on your health; the PPE provided does not assist in terms of keeping an individual warm throughout their shift. During a shift a shift you may at times be required to perform tasks that cause temporary or in some cases permanent pain to certain parts of the body i.e wrists, joint, back etc... The individual that work at this company are for the most part very pleasant and enjoyable to work with. One of the best parts about this job is that it is a constant learning experience; there is no guarantee the you will be repeating the same task during your next shift.
Pros
the company did provide free coffe and tea in the lunch room
Cons
ergonomics strategies, systems that have been put in place need improvement
Labour
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 19, 2015
Great Place to work, enjoyed the employees and work environment.
Learned several new skills and sharpened some old ones.
I learned a lot working here. Fun place to work, very busy
Occupational Health Coordinator/Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 18, 2015
I worked days, varying hours each day depending upon employee needs at the time. I would start my day checking my phone messages and emails for any high priority items that I would need to deal with that day. Following this, I would go out into the production areas to attend production meetings and meet with any employees requiring follow up due to illness, injury etc. This could be anywhere from 1-25 employees per department that would need to see me. I would return to my office and begin following up with employees on short term, long term, or WCB disability. Follow up included ensuring I had proper medical documentation to substantiate their time off, obtaining updates on their condition and following up with their health care providers as needed. Throughout the day, I was often called back out to production areas if any medical emergencies occurred or any accidents that needed to be investigated as well as having employees stop in for BP or Glucose testing. I was part of committees such as a smoking cessation committee, musculoskeletal injury committee, etc. I would also attend multidisciplinary team meetings, employee disciplinary and union meetings etc.

My manager and coworkers were awesome! We had a great team and worked very well together. It was like a work family!

The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult employees. We often had employees with poor work ethic that would drag their heels a bit when it came to coming back to work. It was occasionally a struggle to reason with these employees but for the most part, I would be successful in
  more... getting these people back to work.

Every aspect of my job was enjoyable. It would be very hard to pick just one thing that I enjoyed the most.
food probuton
food (Former Employee) –  saskatoonOctober 14, 2015
i only for work for maple for few month only n i wasnt make much so its was only once week pay n its was everyday work cause its just doing food production thing
Pros
nope
Cons
loved the crew not fond of the company
Machine Operator/ Rack Loader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 7, 2015
the best part of my job was the great people i worked with they were all fantastic, i had alot of fun working at maple leaf when the machines worked right and we had the tools to do our job
benefits
Cons
odd hours force ins on saturday
Productive and efficient shop floor
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 27, 2015
To be worked in a good team and having fun as a team member.Having great co-operation between the teams.I am very well
treated as a team member.I learned the process as well as the working culture.
Pros
pizza party
Cons
hard woking hours
same routine
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBSeptember 11, 2015
I learnt to work all kind of people. Management is not much effective. Working with different people are good to know the culture and languages of them.
Pros
good timing for me
Cons
long same routine hours
It was ok
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton,ONTAugust 14, 2015
Maple Leaf was a good place to work but there was shortage of work. Also it was hard to work out the hours and the hard work at my age. Another thing is that it was fun to work there but it's time for me to move on from the company. This is because of my age and that I get back pain from the pulling of the product.
Pros
fun
Cons
shortage of work
good place to work
Smokehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 20, 2015
I worked at he former Schneider Foods plant in Kitchener. I worked with a strong team of individuals in the smokehouse. Management was supportive.
Good qualified and great leaders but very demanding
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 10, 2015
Depending on where you work, it can vary. People working at Corporate offices have good work-life balance and many perks.

Employees at the manufacturing plants not so much. Everyone is over worked and underpaid including salaried and hourly.
Over all culture is about executing at any cost with little or no recognition. Focus on development and training is low but they are trying to get better at it.
Pros
free food samples
Great Company
People Coordinator/Receptionist/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Hamitlon ontarioJuly 10, 2015
Overall good experience, long days, start up work very hard. Learned new skills and worked along side a lot of great people.
Pros
Corporation
Cons
Long days
Energetic, fast pace , fun environment to work
Sr. Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  MississaugJuly 10, 2015
Maple Leaf Foods was a fun and friendly environment to worked, I was given the opportunity to learn and developed over the years as Administrator. The management gives you the opportunity to be authoritive of what you do with their approval . The colleagues were warm and friendly. It was hard at times to keep up with the ever changing task and keep up with deadlines. Overall, I enjoyed having being able to management my work from start to finish and being flexible of what you do.
Pros
Get to tasted test products before they are launched..
Cons
Long hours at times
Challenging environment with plenty of opportunity
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 2, 2015
In my experiences, my current employer provides an exceptional workplace that offers plenty of room for advancement. Their commitment to their employees and customers is quite astounding and the company possesses a very strong sense of environmental awareness. Very strong measures are also placed on employee health and safety as well as food safety.
Avoid
Robot Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OnMay 29, 2015
I'd avoid working for this new Heritage plant as everything has gone down hill within the last few weeks. Supervisors Vs. Employees. Cold as heck on the floor now and constant bull from everyone. The coworkers are the only good point of this place.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Supervisors are clueless and mindless, spineless wimps.

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Reviews by Location