Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews

productive company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 June 2017
i worked at maple leaf for 2 years as a butcher and i applyed for corporate trainer\ backup leadhand. my duties are making sure the production line is up and ready to operate smooth and efficient. part of my duty is to train other workers on how to de bone ham, pork butts, pork loin and picnic ham. meet with the customers for specific cut of the meat and introduce to the worker. and make sure the yield of the product is low. the hardest part of the job is to deal with other employees to make sure the job gets done.
New Building not made for humans
Blender opperator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 May 2017
I loved working for Schneider's , but as it got bought out by maple leaf co, I ended up at the new plant in Hamilton. Where it was more machine orientated then people. And it was 10 times harder on the body. The bins that they use for meats are way to high, the lines way to closed in. And the way I was used to blending was meat % then spice, but at maple leaf co. they added the same amount of spice no matter the meat block. I just cant see my self buying that kind of product.
Chance to do many different jobs of many trades men overseeing
Third class power and refrigeration engineer (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK31 May 2017
Refrigeration plant was overseen....operating and maintenance.I learned the responsibilities and dangers of running an ammonia refrigeration plant. Management was fair. Safety was the culture.Working with ammonia had its challenges but if ppe was used it was quite safe.The various types of maintenance I enjoyed
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
On call for ammonia plant
Great Place to work. Uncertain future
Food safety Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
One of the best management to work. All employee benefits are provided. Only problem is the uncertain future. Its very hard to extend the contract positions. Even if u work a lot better and effective the current employees you are shown exit doors at the end of Contract.
Great team working environment
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB11 May 2017
typical day make easy with team work, and learned how to do multi task with positive managing with all different culture people.
Everyday day busy day.
ok
Program Coordinator/ Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2017
Project portfolio Management and Reporting Data Analytics and Resource Management
Critical Problem Solving & Analysis Financial Tracking – Change Management
Process Improvement/Reengineering
Harsh
General housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hannon, ON9 May 2017
They never explain properly they say just do it and to get proper training you have to essentially wing it or they won't train you for being "good" or they will simply say no training if you do poorly even on the first try.
Pros
It's a work out
Cons
Poor treatment of staff
Great company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 May 2017
I worked here for over 15 years and would have retired there if they hadn't have closed down my plant. Great staff and pay and other then having a hard time finding employment after I left there are no complaints.
Worst job ever!
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Hamilton (Hannon)5 May 2017
Management does not care about employees and the turn ove rate is over 65% , work conditions suck , terrible benefit plan ,worse pension. Run from this job as fast as you can!
Pros
Cons
Management, benefits, having to wear plastic all day
good place to work
Production worker/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 May 2017
good place to work and comparative wages and lots of opportunities for new career. Co-worker are friendly and helpful flexible time fro student to work

Want to know more about Maple Leaf Consumer Foods?

Ask a question
productive and good job satisfaction
Semi-skilled worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2017
Job required attention to detail to find the best quality meat .It also required long standing hours and physical labor .Working in a unit helped in developing team player skills.
great company
Machine Operator/Emulsifier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 April 2017
very clean and secure , great environment and people to work with, always something new to learn and to experience, with a great team to support you all the way
Pros
lots of room to grow
Cons
n/a
Productive work place
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
I gained a lot of experience and knowledge from this role. The management was always willing to help and make their employees become successful in their role.
Pros
Different tasks assigned to gain experience
Cons
Advancement, too much competition
culture was competetive lacked my work ethic
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hannon, ON25 April 2017
Loved my job,most people were great but very class oriented seniority, hat and skill level heard lot's of I'm not doing that, beneath my pay grade...protected by union...not my work ethic. They taught me from scratch, had a great trainer very enthusiastic, was exceeding production goals in no time, gave me lot's of confidence
Pros
good pay if you land a higher skill level
Cons
culture a lot like high school..
leran someany thing in one job and good salary
packing (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB19 April 2017
work Monday to Friday , learn to work on team and alone any workplace , I enjoyed to work at any place , hard part can't work afternoon times only mornings and weekends
Line Helper
Line Helper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 April 2017
When starting my day, we usually go to our part of the building, in my case, I worked in pure link. We would get all the stuff ready for our day to start. We would need labels, boxes, spray bottles, tools, bins, tanks, bags etc, as we were working on the line. We all took turns in different spots. Some people would wipe grease off the packages, then some would straighten the packages out or take the bad ones off and throw them into the bin, some people would be boxing them by hand, and some would be operating the machines, changing the boxes, changing the labels and just making sure it would run smoothly. If packages fell on the floor, we would have to pick them up and sanitize them.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
10 hour days
Ability to work from home.
Accounts Receivable Reporting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 April 2017
Employees were given Empowerment, -Involved in decision making

You have the ability to work from home, at least 2 day per week

Month End Department Breakfast or Lunch of your choice.

Weekly one hour yoga .
Pros
Good Management leadership
Cons
Projects Time sensitive - lots of dead lines
Productive Working Environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 April 2017
I found that Maple Leaf Foods was a positive learning experience with supportive and interesting co workers. I was always sure to bring a positive attitude to work. I enjoyed learning how to process and package all of the meats that we eat and found the employment opportunity interesting and insightful.
Productive with good people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 March 2017
Great place to learn responsibility and that you don't want to work there for the rest of your life. You really learn how to work and keep up in a fast paced environment.
general labor
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 March 2017
It's a great place for work.I was Part-time in that job but they require full time member.Overall good place.I liked that work very much.I have learned many things from that job.
Pros
Long breaks