Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews

Work life balance
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 December 2016
People are nice and willing to help when they have an opportunity. No time to train anyone which is difficult. You have the option to work from home if need be.
Fast-paced and challenging
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 November 2016
Fast-paced and challenging, good company benefits and work perks through perkopolis. Various growth and development opportunities over the past sixteen years
Fun place to work
Health & Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2016
Typical night involved walking across the floor and interacting with the line workers. Having meetings with supervisors and communicating different emails throughout the day.
Worked with a great crew, work was fun.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Canning, NS7 August 2016
Worked night shift.Work started with going over things with the day shift on what needs to be done.Picked orders that need to go out the door, loaded trucks with fork lifts and walkies.Worked computer printing off bills to go with the orders,cleaned up work area when finished.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Worked nights.
Fun workplace
Box Maker (Former Employee) –  lethbridge, AB27 July 2016
Everyday from work is always busy. I learned how to take care not only my job but also my co-workers. I don't like some management because some of them they don't fix the problem or it would take a months, year or never. Some of my co-worker are good worker but some of them are lazy I hate lazy people. for me the hardest part of the job even your trying your best in work the supervisors don't see that because they don't know what's real happening on the site cause they are not always there to look what's happening. Most enjoyable part of my job is to have co-worker at the same time friends and some of them we had a team work but it doesn't matter to me if there is a team cause I could work alone or as a team.
Pros
sometimes there's free lunch and has games..
Cons
only 8 hours Monday to Friday and they are giving overtime if you want too, or sometimes there is mandatory overtime.
fast paced eniroment
Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hannon, ON1 January 2017
i enjoyed the fast paced enviroment and time deadlines. very friendly co-workers and opurtunities to move up within the company.
Lots of Hours
Materials (Current Employee) –  Hamilton26 January 2017
The place is disorganized! Management is in constant rotation. The promoted staff power trips and people have very little direction.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Many
Fun and international culture based factory
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 November 2016
Fun and international culture based factory with lots of international co workers there. Supervisor will treat the workers while the great jobs are done.
Not so good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON16 September 2016
-Their was a lot of drama between workers, and made you feel like you were not welcomed
-Management was okay, wouldn't say it is the best
-Hardest part of the job was the training process and all the paper work
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lots of overtime
Familiar work environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 September 2016
It was a long day because it was 10 hours shift in a cold environment but the co-workers were fun and friendly and they were willing to help. The supervisors were very active and friendly too.
Pros
good co-workers
void
Administration/dispatching clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 December 2016
Daily jobs where all over the place never knew what I was walking into. The factory was shutting down and didn't know what the day to day
Back breaking but decent pay
Production and chlorine examiner (Current Employee) –  Thamesford, ON17 June 2016
Great as long as you come into this workplace realizing it's just a job and not a career. Oh, punctuality and doing a good job too of course.
Management leaves zero room for advancements to employees who have the schooling and qualifications. Instead, as most places, they have their favorites. It's a cycle that'll never be broken.
Pros
Good supervisors
Cons
Age of facility is showing daily. Major breakdowns.
Over-aggressive management, poor worker morale, high turnover
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 June 2016
I found overall that Maple Leaf Foods was not an employer that treated skilled trades with respect, and in fact in some cases we were purposely mis-treated. I learned that they would find opportunities to force us to work on the weekend without paying overtime, and that management was over-aggressive and in many cases rude to the employees. It is not a family or friendly environment as you do not threaten family or friends. I would not work for MLF again and would encourage others to seek employment elsewhere.
Cons
Work weekend without overtime/recieved $2 food coupon for Christmas bonus
Productive but strained
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  333 courtneypark drive, mississauga18 July 2016
The machines were always having issues, they would frequently break down causing problems down the line.
End of the line workers have a lot of trouble keeping up with the amount of product coming down the line because the workers are consistently taken away from the end of the line.
excellent place to start
Lead Hand Back-up, Fork (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB31 October 2016
There was a lot of good workers and most of the supervisors were very helpful. Lots of opportunities for improving, and help others
Not so great
Grader (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK4 October 2016
Not enough money for the long hours worked! Very cold, the trainers and supervisors were terrible not to mention the location I worked at shut down not to longb after I quit the plant
Productive Fast pace
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 August 2016
The work is hard but manageable, my cow workers are responsible, respectful, and hard working. The only problem with the place is the hours, they usually don't guarantee the 40 hours a week.
Pros
Clean cafeteria and washrooms
Cons
short hours
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2016
I was on contract through agency i wish i could be the their employee it was great experience. Friendly and very good working environment all employees and managers are very professional and very helpful to each other in this organization.
Pros
Free Lunches
excellent
Semi-Skilled Butcher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2016
Great job. A fast paced environment. The hours are great, as is the culture and I don't think anything negative about Maple leaf Foods. The pay was reduced which given the quality of work and pace of the the job was not good. Warman road Maple leaf in its Prime was great. Supervisors,co-workers.
Pros
guaranteed hours/benefits environment
Cons
pay reduction over the years
Good people
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 August 2016
Head to office to get route and goals for the day. Head to 4 to 6 stores a day to complete orders and make sure shelves are full. Good manager excellent work culture. Good pay.

67%