Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews

Review about my work place
4th Class Power Engineer Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 31, 2016
My work place is good for working. Working environment is cold and too noise but ok. I am Happy to my work. I can learn so many new things like work with safety, some technical job etc.Our management is good and helping.
Productive and independent enviroment
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ONApril 14, 2016
Working at Maple Leaf had to have been the best job I ever had. I loved it there. The only thing that I could live without, was the cold. Once I became full time, and moved to a department where it was warmer and everything was a bit faster, I was fine. The pay was great, and everyone kept to them selves, but we all still worked as a team. We would all have our own spot on the line. When the line started up, everyone just did there job until brake. The hardest part about working at Maple Leaf would have to be eviscerating a bird on a moving line. The line doesn't stop for you, so you have to be quick. The best part about the job was it was quiet when listening to music on your headset. Very relaxing when your get the hang of what your doing. I learned how to properly salvage a bird and was shown the difference between good and bad product. If I had the opportunity to go back, I would in a heart beat.
Pros
Income, a lot of hours, long brakes
Cons
Cold and damp, smelly
I love my job
Regulatory Affairs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2016
Regulatory Vision - agile and flexible team, comprised of empowered and proficient members continuously able to meet the Regulatory demands within our company and from our customers.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Day always started smooth, always learned how to use the tools needed for the various jobs. Management was always on the watch of all the workers, everyone got along, that hardest part was always passing the threshold of those first few hours of work.
the most enjoyable part was working with great people everyday
Pros
Healthy Lunches
Cons
Stinky
Good people
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 30, 2016
Head to office to get route and goals for the day. Head to 4 to 6 stores a day to complete orders and make sure shelves are full. Good manager excellent work culture. Good pay.
Kind people to work with, management isn't well structured
Production Worker/Backup Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
Friendly people to work with, management is not well organized. Also work is not steady, even with being hired on as full time, didn't always receive full time hours.
Good place to get experience
Shipping and Receiving back up shift leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2016
not bad company to start with but low hourly rate, not enough overtime also. nobody cares how are you trying to make this company better.
The worst place I have ever worked for
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 24, 2016
I was a fast and hardworking person and my co-workers were happy working with me but I got laid off just three months after I started my job there.
They take advantage of you when it's busy and throw you out when it gets slow, no matter how hard you work for them. In most cases people get laid off in three or six months; right before they are eligible for benefits.That is why Maple Leaf is always hiring. They simply do not want to pay for insurance and benefits. Beside, the work environment is freezing! Specially when the machines break down and you have to wait so long for them to be fixed. Plus, the work is very hard and heavy. It doesn't worth the wage they pay you at any cost. The only reason I continued working for them was because I was in a very difficult situation and had no choice at all. I strongly suggest to everybody to NOT work for them under any circumstances. Find a job in a place that appropriates your skills and talents or at least provides you a secure opportunity.
Good Company
Customer Supply Chain Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 26, 2016
Good Company to work for. Good environment and friendly workplace.

Good perks., Flexible hours, good team spirit. fast paced environment to meet daily deadlines.
Great Company!
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 4, 2016
Great company culture with great leaders. My role was heavily team based and everyone was smart and great to work with. The company's values are not just letters on the wall, everyone authentically lives and works by them daily.
Productive and joyful energetic enviromnent
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBJanuary 21, 2016
Mon-Fri 3:30pm to 10:00pm
Go to the Locker rooms zone 9 get dress wear pants jacket helmet
Beginning of every shift meet my supervisor in the cut floor zone 3
Work on assembly line transporting raw materials
End of day store in your locker smocks jacket
I learned about General Food Hygiene Training
Food Safety facility Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points
HACCP
Three P's of food safety
Food Security Training
Food Safety Charter
Health And Safety Policy
Management very good told me everything properly and exact
Co-workers were very friendly
Hardest part of job would be repeatedly heavy lifting 50lbs
Being at a big company in Brandon Manitoba
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
The Heavy Lifting
Good place to be employed
Porter (Current Employee) –  Thamesford, ONJuly 7, 2016
Maple Leaf is a good place to be employed clean, bright and friendly. I enjoy working a couple days a week, a couple hours a day
Pros
safe work enviroment
Cons
not enough hours
Unionized vs. Management
Semi-Skilled Operator (Current Employee) –  Hannon, ONMay 23, 2016
Unionized vs. Management is combative to say the least. Management seems to focus only on the numbers and not on the issues at hand that hinder those numbers being achieved
productive and fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 8, 2016
great company to work for. good salary,good benefits,lots of overtime when required. and excellent management that actually listens to employees.
Pros
free employee lunches
Cons
smelly meat environment
Entertainments. Tv.
Maintenance Mechanic and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
very good.
cought fire at baking oven. it too
k one day to restore the whole system.
trade certificate and business planning and control.
CMMS and CPMS.
GOING A HEAD TOWARD SAP.
nice team workers.
plant close shortage of work./resession.
move to other site
Pros
FREE BREAD FREE COFFEE.
Cons
LONG HRS EXTRA WORK.
One of the best corp. cultures
Demand Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2016
One of the best corporate cultures I have ever experienced. Plenty of room for growth in all possible business and operations sectors.
decaser
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 25, 2016
cut open cases of meat logs. the hardest part of the job was standing in the cold. the most enjoyable part of the job was the employees.
Good company
Machine / Slicer Operator (Former Employee) –  150 Bartor RdJuly 6, 2016
Maple Leaf Foods is a good company to work. It is my first work experience in Canada and I'm grateful to have worked in this company .
Competitive workplace
MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Extremely busy environment with lack of communication, organization and proper planning.

It is a good place to work if you are extremely driven, and have an aggressive personality. If you are more passive and want a coaching environment, this is not the ideal workplace.
Pros
Free lunches, corporate card, paid cellphone
Cons
extremely long hours
Competative
Various Departments (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBMay 31, 2016
I love working in a fast paced environment along with different cultures. I got to learn a lot in regards to different languages and foods and beliefs.

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Reviews by Location