Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews in Canada

there will always be something to look forward to each day
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 2, 2016
My co-workers are very helpful and they make me forget that our job is not really that easy. Though our job is quite tiring, we've managed to balance our personal and work life.
Pros
more overtimes with free meals
Steady, fairly easy and rewarding work
Material Supplier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 14, 2016
Maple Leaf Foods offers a large variety of positions. Anywhere from Operators, to material handlers. The job in my opinion is fairly easy, not requiring extensive amounts of training but it does require attention to detail. Finding your own motivation to work there is also important. Overall, the job is good for any age bracket and any skill bracket.
excellent
Semi-Skilled Butcher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2016
Great job. A fast paced environment. The hours are great, as is the culture and I don't think anything negative about Maple leaf Foods. The pay was reduced which given the quality of work and pace of the the job was not good. Warman road Maple leaf in its Prime was great. Supervisors,co-workers.
Pros
guaranteed hours/benefits environment
Cons
pay reduction over the years
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2016
I was on contract through agency i wish i could be the their employee it was great experience. Friendly and very good working environment all employees and managers are very professional and very helpful to each other in this organization.
Pros
Free Lunches
everyday was a new place
Production Line Worker/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 25, 2016
working in a team environment making sure things get done on time and with a professional look and attitude. learned many things and city restrictions, hardest days is when it is very hot or when it is raining.
Pros
get rain days off
Cons
get rain days off
productive environment and leader in food safety
HACCP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
- Frequent communication between CFIA inspector and management teams
- MOPs, FSEP, HACCP
- Coworkers were friendly and hardworking people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Review about my work place
4th Class Power Engineer Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 31, 2016
My work place is good for working. Working environment is cold and too noise but ok. I am Happy to my work. I can learn so many new things like work with safety, some technical job etc.Our management is good and helping.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  brandon, MBFebruary 23, 2015
A day at work on the cut floor at maple leaf foods is ok you have some hard workers and the ocassional slackers but does their work, what I learned there was communication skills and problem solving.
management is good and my co-workers were awesome people to work with.
the hardest part of my job was pulling rubs but got easier as the days went on, what I enjoyed working at maple leaf was meeting new people and learning different skills.
benefits
Cons
not enough pay
Kind people to work with, management isn't well structured
Production Worker/Backup Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
Friendly people to work with, management is not well organized. Also work is not steady, even with being hired on as full time, didn't always receive full time hours.
Good company
Senior Finance Analyst, Logistics (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
Great company and culture, work, life balance.
requirements to work at MLF: adaptability, able to deal with strict deadlines and high volume
Great Company!
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 4, 2016
Great company culture with great leaders. My role was heavily team based and everyone was smart and great to work with. The company's values are not just letters on the wall, everyone authentically lives and works by them daily.
Energetic, fast pace , fun environment to work
Sr. Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  MississaugJuly 10, 2015
Maple Leaf Foods was a fun and friendly environment to worked, I was given the opportunity to learn and developed over the years as Administrator. The management gives you the opportunity to be authoritive of what you do with their approval . The colleagues were warm and friendly. It was hard at times to keep up with the ever changing task and keep up with deadlines. Overall, I enjoyed having being able to management my work from start to finish and being flexible of what you do.
Pros
Get to tasted test products before they are launched..
Cons
Long hours at times
Unionized vs. Management
Semi-Skilled Operator (Current Employee) –  Hannon, ONMay 23, 2016
Unionized vs. Management is combative to say the least. Management seems to focus only on the numbers and not on the issues at hand that hinder those numbers being achieved
poor management, favouritism, lack of communication
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 1, 2014
Supervisors had their favourite employees, most of these employees didn't even lift a finger for the entire shift. Why the supervisors were happier with the employees who did nothing, than the ones who worked hard is still a mystery to me. The supervisors mostly just sat in their office and did nothing, hardly ever went on the floor to see what everyone was doing. The leadhands were even lazier. Job training was not very good, supervisors chose worst people to train new employees, ones that were not very good at their job, who needed more training themselves, Sometimes you weren't sure how a certain customer wanted something to be done, you ask a leadhand or supervisor, they wouldn't know either, lack of communication within the department, sometimes even with other departments.
Pros
adequate salary, pretty good benefits, employee market
Cons
poor management, favouritism, lack of communication
its a good job to start you off in life
labour (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBMay 9, 2015
well the job and the people are good but like any job it has its ups and downs the pay is not bad we do have good benefits if they want to keep people the starting wage would be 17 but the turn over right is crazy now everyone is gitting out for better money
Pros
noting
Cons
not good starting wage
productive and fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 8, 2016
great company to work for. good salary,good benefits,lots of overtime when required. and excellent management that actually listens to employees.
Pros
free employee lunches
Cons
smelly meat environment
Entertainments. Tv.
Maintenance Mechanic and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
very good.
cought fire at baking oven. it too
k one day to restore the whole system.
trade certificate and business planning and control.
CMMS and CPMS.
GOING A HEAD TOWARD SAP.
nice team workers.
plant close shortage of work./resession.
move to other site
Pros
FREE BREAD FREE COFFEE.
Cons
LONG HRS EXTRA WORK.
One of the best corp. cultures
Demand Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2016
One of the best corporate cultures I have ever experienced. Plenty of room for growth in all possible business and operations sectors.
A good company to work for
PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 27, 2015
The organization understand work life balance. It has a lot of perks to working for the organization. Everyone within the organization was great and easy to deal with.
Competative
Various Departments (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBMay 31, 2016
I love working in a fast paced environment along with different cultures. I got to learn a lot in regards to different languages and foods and beliefs.