Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews in Canada

Good people
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 30, 2016
Head to office to get route and goals for the day. Head to 4 to 6 stores a day to complete orders and make sure shelves are full. Good manager excellent work culture. Good pay.
Very productive workplace and employees were very loyal and had alot of employee who had 40 to 50 years of service. That alone makes a statement.
Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2016
Hours - Very Typical

Learned how to work under stress.

Management followed corporate policy.

Everyone had an overwhelming amount of work load.

Co-workers were great and always had time for you.

Hardest part of the job - I was a contractor and not an employee and never got paid on time.

Enjoyable Part - I learned a whole lot about the food industry and their tax issues that has added a whole new level to what I can do.
Pros
Free Food, alot of employee events.
Cons
Management was very distant at times.
decaser
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 25, 2016
cut open cases of meat logs. the hardest part of the job was standing in the cold. the most enjoyable part of the job was the employees.
Not for long term
Full Time Materials handler/ Shipper/ receiver (Former Employee) –  44 glover hannon ontarioAugust 24, 2016
minimal concern for the well being of product and employees
lack of communication with the employees
union is terrible
they never learn to make things better they continue to do the same mistakes which makes it a very bad place to work.
Pros
there is a shuttle that takes tyou to the front door from upper ottawa.
Cons
long hours, Cold, Temperory employees, unorganized, unclean
Good place to get experience
Shipping and Receiving back up shift leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2016
not bad company to start with but low hourly rate, not enough overtime also. nobody cares how are you trying to make this company better.
Worked with a great crew, work was fun.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Canning, NSAugust 7, 2016
Worked night shift.Work started with going over things with the day shift on what needs to be done.Picked orders that need to go out the door, loaded trucks with fork lifts and walkies.Worked computer printing off bills to go with the orders,cleaned up work area when finished.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Worked nights.
Productive Fast pace
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 3, 2016
The work is hard but manageable, my cow workers are responsible, respectful, and hard working. The only problem with the place is the hours, they usually don't guarantee the 40 hours a week.
Pros
Clean cafeteria and washrooms
Cons
short hours
Fun workplace
Box Maker (Former Employee) –  lethbridge, ABJuly 27, 2016
Everyday from work is always busy. I learned how to take care not only my job but also my co-workers. I don't like some management because some of them they don't fix the problem or it would take a months, year or never. Some of my co-worker are good worker but some of them are lazy I hate lazy people. for me the hardest part of the job even your trying your best in work the supervisors don't see that because they don't know what's real happening on the site cause they are not always there to look what's happening. Most enjoyable part of my job is to have co-worker at the same time friends and some of them we had a team work but it doesn't matter to me if there is a team cause I could work alone or as a team.
Pros
sometimes there's free lunch and has games..
Cons
only 8 hours Monday to Friday and they are giving overtime if you want too, or sometimes there is mandatory overtime.
Productive but strained
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  333 courtneypark drive, mississaugaJuly 18, 2016
The machines were always having issues, they would frequently break down causing problems down the line.
End of the line workers have a lot of trouble keeping up with the amount of product coming down the line because the workers are consistently taken away from the end of the line.
I love my job
Regulatory Affairs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2016
Regulatory Vision - agile and flexible team, comprised of empowered and proficient members continuously able to meet the Regulatory demands within our company and from our customers.
Good place to be employed
Porter (Current Employee) –  Thamesford, ONJuly 7, 2016
Maple Leaf is a good place to be employed clean, bright and friendly. I enjoy working a couple days a week, a couple hours a day
Pros
safe work enviroment
Cons
not enough hours
Good company
Machine / Slicer Operator (Former Employee) –  150 Bartor RdJuly 6, 2016
Maple Leaf Foods is a good company to work. It is my first work experience in Canada and I'm grateful to have worked in this company .
It was an excellent place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
I loved every minute of working here for 15 years.And had very good coworkers. Management was alright compared to lot of other companies.
Pros
Good salary and very good benefits.
Cons
Very cold temperature inside in some areas.
very un-caring enviornment
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 27, 2016
I learned time managment and how to achieve goals in a timely fasion but the managment was unorganized and not personable
Good Company
Customer Supply Chain Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 26, 2016
Good Company to work for. Good environment and friendly workplace.

Good perks., Flexible hours, good team spirit. fast paced environment to meet daily deadlines.
Back breaking but decent pay
Production and chlorine examiner (Current Employee) –  Thamesford, ONJune 17, 2016
Great as long as you come into this workplace realizing it's just a job and not a career. Oh, punctuality and doing a good job too of course.
Management leaves zero room for advancements to employees who have the schooling and qualifications. Instead, as most places, they have their favorites. It's a cycle that'll never be broken.
Pros
Good supervisors
Cons
Age of facility is showing daily. Major breakdowns.
terrible
Production Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 13, 2016
terrible nothing else to say, poorly ran! going down hill in the next few years! The human resources doesn't care about its employees
Over-aggressive management, poor worker morale, high turnover
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 7, 2016
I found overall that Maple Leaf Foods was not an employer that treated skilled trades with respect, and in fact in some cases we were purposely mis-treated. I learned that they would find opportunities to force us to work on the weekend without paying overtime, and that management was over-aggressive and in many cases rude to the employees. It is not a family or friendly environment as you do not threaten family or friends. I would not work for MLF again and would encourage others to seek employment elsewhere.
Cons
Work weekend without overtime/recieved $2 food coupon for Christmas bonus
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2016
I was on contract through agency i wish i could be the their employee it was great experience. Friendly and very good working environment all employees and managers are very professional and very helpful to each other in this organization.
Pros
Free Lunches
One of the best corp. cultures
Demand Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2016
One of the best corporate cultures I have ever experienced. Plenty of room for growth in all possible business and operations sectors.

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Reviews by Location