Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
SIX SIGMA SR. BLACK BELT - INTERNAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioNovember 26, 2014
I coached teams and implemented process improvements using six sigma methodology which is fact based. The environment was collaborative though most project required long hours.
Productive fast paced
scaler (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2014
I enjoy my work but after 35 years I feel the need for a change
My workmates and employers are all fantastic, but sometimes a change is also a good thing ,
I have always wanted to work at the mint and would be more than willing to work overtime, different shifts,etc.
Great work environment, good people, great benefits
Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 20, 2014
I started out in the blending department and spent just over 2 years there. My duties as a reach truck operator were to deliver fresh and frozen meat to the machine operators. In recent months due to the plant closure coming up I was transferred to the packaging department. My role there is to package finished product. During my time at Maple Leaf I – more... learned how to operate a reach truck, food safety procedures, and the importance of team work. The managers and co-workers are very helpful, dedicated, and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is that it can be very repetitive.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. – less
definatly a learning experience
Brine maker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 17, 2014
Maple Leaf Foods is a great company to learn and experience the business of food manufacturing. Top of the line when it comes to quality and safety in the production of their products.
In conclusion Maple Leaf Consumer Foods was great to work in.
General Labour (Former Employee), 150 Bartor Rd.November 13, 2014
The workers were energetic and the management team were very understanding with you at times.
nice place to work
.machine operator. (Former Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good working teem
Cons: cold place
would still be there if would the stay open.like most all work there.
Great team with a work hard attitude
Consultant, Innovation (Former Employee), Mississauga. ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: management is open to new ideas coming from all levels
Cons: location in the border with brampton; objectives were dictated from the top down
As a Manager, you have the opportunity to work on strategic assignments and bring your recommendations forward to Sr. Management. It is a company that listens to its employees and that believes that good ideas come from all levels of the organization. The hardest part of the job was working with small budgets and big expectations. Objectives were were – more... often unrealistic and impossible to reach, since they were dictated top-down. – less
productive and fun
Production line operator (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks, good pay.
Cons: long hours, working in the cold.
Working in the manufacturing business is a high level of physical work. i Started out as a general laborer working on numerous lines loading and packing. Some days were a lot colder then others so i always made sure to bundle up to prevent discomfort or getting sick. It did take time to adjust to the conditions and the long hours but i was always kept – more... busy. After several years experience i requested a job as a multivac operator. This area of work can be stressful due to documentation, sequence of operation, targets, and time management. It is difficult to complete your daily priorities while solving intricate problems as they occur. It involves good observational skills, not only as a operator but as a general laborer as well. It is important to have a quick response to errors so you can fix problems before it proceeds to the customer. I learned many new techniques, strategies, and functions on how to run multiple machinery. The most enjoyable part are the coworkers, they were friendly and vibrant, your day goes by a lot faster with the people you work with. However, I did like learning about the machines and their robotic skills. It was interesting learning about it all because it was something new and different. great experience overall. – less
money wise growth is nice
Health & Safety Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, MBOctober 29, 2014
there is no advancement in this job related to position.no professional growth as well.
Enjoyed my time.
Customer Supply Chain Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 15, 2014
The company morale was great. I wish it had a been a full time position and not contract.
this was a cold damp and noisey place to work ..
Maintenance Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 6, 2014
Pros: was a real hands on job, that cause u to think on yer feet as quick as u can
Cons: had to come to an end ..ill miss it
this place was hard going but yet had some good days ..in places it was cold ,so cold ur hands would stiffen in mins and yet there were other spots that were very hot ..in maint we worked in both quite regularly..it was fast pace ..every thing was by the min ..mistakes cost bundles ..was a tough job and i enjoyed doing my part as best i could ..
poor management, favouritism, lack of communication
General Labourer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 1, 2014
Pros: adequate salary, pretty good benefits, employee market
Cons: poor management, favouritism, lack of communication
Supervisors had their favourite employees, most of these employees didn't even lift a finger for the entire shift. Why the supervisors were happier with the employees who did nothing, than the ones who worked hard is still a mystery to me. The supervisors mostly just sat in their office and did nothing, hardly ever went on the floor to see what everyone – more... was doing. The leadhands were even lazier. Job training was not very good, supervisors chose worst people to train new employees, ones that were not very good at their job, who needed more training themselves, Sometimes you weren't sure how a certain customer wanted something to be done, you ask a leadhand or supervisor, they wouldn't know either, lack of communication within the department, sometimes even with other departments. – less
Drive for Results
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, advancement opportunity, development support
Cons: work-life balance, culture, pay (unless you leave and come back)
Overall a good company with lots of potential which is the Achilles heel point. The philosophy of driving the employees to advance as far as possible up the ladder as quickly as possible neglects to nurture and support the longer term potential of employees, With the 'promise' of high end management positions in short time is short sighted and either – more... good folks get frustrated (cannot have 100% directors in the company people) and leave or they wash out. The company needs to take time to let some workers be, and not paint all employees with the same brush. There are huge cost implications, both tangible and intangible, of constant workforce flux, not the least of which is training time, experience, and true development.
This company would do very well to tier its HR objectives and focus on nurturing long term or potential long term employees who are happy where they are; driving SOME employees to leverage their upper management potential, and finding a solid fit for good, but misplaced workers.

Work life balance is one of the core values, it is not followed one iota. – less
great place to work
Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), kitchener, ontarioSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: they closed
Most enjoble part of the job was how rewarding it was. The hardest part was driving machines.
Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Typical administrative duties. Travel planning, calendar organization, interpersonal relationships, MS office usage.
i work at different locations ad every job i done in the past experience have learn alot of information about each company and it also been rewarding
Assembler n packing (Former Employee), Maple Leaf Food Kitchener ontarioSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: the pros it is a great place to work
Cons: it is a very cold environment .
My job review overall is a great place to work .. co workers are friendly... the job itself is very hard and demanding at times . It is a clean environment . The job entales alot of manual labor. different assembly lines using muti vac and delinkers. In the food industry is very cold environment and also used proper PPE always santize evrything . My – more... review is great love the job .. but it is closing down .. maple leaf foods Kitchener ontario – less
Productive an fun workplace
Shipping/Receiving Labourer (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: is not long hours
It is warehouse job i learn every day with diferent orders to picking
i am abel to work alone problem solved the hardst part of this job happend wher they are busy like summer time
It is fun.
Millwright (Current Employee), Brandon, MBAugust 28, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: week ends work.
Pay is good. Its is fun to work here. Only management have problem with managing.
don't work there
DZ Driver (Former Employee), New Hamburg, ONAugust 27, 2014
Cons: management
management is the main problem,I was let go after 2 years because I stood up for myself and others.
Avarage employer, but safe and stable
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 27, 2014
Be prepared to work hard and don’t expect to hear “thank you” for your hard work. I would recommend this work place for someone who needs safe, long term employment, with avarage pay. It is kind of employer that you could plan your retirement with as long as you don't mind enviroment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a major Canadian food processing company, founded in 1927 as a merger of several major Toronto meat packers.

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Photos