Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Process Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), hamiltonJanuary 20, 2015
beatiful place to work in.......................................
It is unfortunate that this branch is closing
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Weston, ONJanuary 17, 2015
The people I have and am working with are a good bunch, to work with and to work for. I have no regrets, in fact I have also learned a lot. The hardest thing about Maple Leaf, Bartor road Division, is knowing that it is soon coming to an end. In the short time here I, have served Maintenance as a Scheduler, then Purchaser and presently as a Supervisor. I enjoyed every position and I did them well and with pride. Supervision was new to me and with the direct guidance and coaching of my Manager, I was able to adapt quickly. Overall I think Maple Leaf was glad to have me on board, as I, being part of the team.
See Resume
Purchasing Supervisor Technical (Former Employee), Kitchener, OntarioJanuary 14, 2015
I enjoy being a respected source for material and logistical services. I appreciate the confidence management has in my ability to always do what is best for my employer.
Good company to gain exposure in warehousing and logistics
Warehouse Lead Hand (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 7, 2015
a typical day consisted of planning the work-flow of receiving-shipping, making sure KPIOs on trailer departures were met. A very high volume warehouse, dealing with more than 500,000 case count in and out on a daily basis.
Terrible hours
Production (Former Employee), Hannon, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: brand new facility
Cons: unusual working hours
A very clean working environment
most employees are a pleasure to work with
strong management for the most part
Very clean, fast paced
Lead Hand/Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Fast paced industry, prepare orders for shipments, maintain gov't regulations, nice place , nice people
Enjoyable workplace
Administration/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2014
I gained a lot of skills working at Maple Leaf Foods
I learned a lot from my supervisor
Dealing with telemarketers was not fun
Staff members I could go to and count on for assistance
great benefits and theres job security
Combi box machine and sausage stuffer operator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 15, 2014
Food manufacturing company with clean, quiet and cold environment, free hot drinks during breaks.10 hours and 8hours shift available.
Great experience!
Food Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 11, 2014
The work environment is really great. Everyone is very supportive at work and help you gain valuable experience and shape your career path.
Companys expectation of some Sanitation Crew Members are unreasonable
Sanitation (Current Employee), HAMILTON PLANTDecember 6, 2014
Pros: ???
Cons: all this food being process in the plant, yet nothing extended to employee at break times
Some areas need to be cleaned in 2 1/2 hours due to refrigeration set up. One person is responsible to clean about a dozen machines, about a dozen transfer belts, lots and lots of parts, atleast a dozen tubs, stands, pails. All this has to be washed, foamed,[must hunt down a portable foamer for certain machine] rinsed and sanitized all in 2 1/2 hours, huh. For about an hour HEAT is pumping out into the room, NO water fountain to be had.
SIX SIGMA SR. BLACK BELT - INTERNAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioNovember 26, 2014
I coached teams and implemented process improvements using six sigma methodology which is fact based. The environment was collaborative though most project required long hours.
Productive fast paced
scaler (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2014
I enjoy my work but after 35 years I feel the need for a change
My workmates and employers are all fantastic, but sometimes a change is also a good thing ,
I have always wanted to work at the mint and would be more than willing to work overtime, different shifts,etc.
Great work environment, good people, great benefits
Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 20, 2014
I started out in the blending department and spent just over 2 years there. My duties as a reach truck operator were to deliver fresh and frozen meat to the machine operators. In recent months due to the plant closure coming up I was transferred to the packaging department. My role there is to package finished product. During my time at Maple Leaf I learned how to operate a reach truck, food safety procedures, and the importance of team work. The managers and co-workers are very helpful, dedicated, and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is that it can be very repetitive.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
definatly a learning experience
Brine maker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 17, 2014
Maple Leaf Foods is a great company to learn and experience the business of food manufacturing. Top of the line when it comes to quality and safety in the production of their products.
In conclusion Maple Leaf Consumer Foods was great to work in.
General Labour (Former Employee), 150 Bartor Rd.November 13, 2014
The workers were energetic and the management team were very understanding with you at times.
nice place to work
.machine operator. (Former Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good working teem
Cons: cold place
would still be there if would the stay open.like most all work there.
Great team with a work hard attitude
Consultant, Innovation (Former Employee), Mississauga. ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: management is open to new ideas coming from all levels
Cons: location in the border with brampton; objectives were dictated from the top down
As a Manager, you have the opportunity to work on strategic assignments and bring your recommendations forward to Sr. Management. It is a company that listens to its employees and that believes that good ideas come from all levels of the organization. The hardest part of the job was working with small budgets and big expectations. Objectives were were often unrealistic and impossible to reach, since they were dictated top-down.
productive and fun
Production line operator (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 7, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks, good pay.
Cons: long hours, working in the cold.
Working in the manufacturing business is a high level of physical work. i Started out as a general laborer working on numerous lines loading and packing. Some days were a lot colder then others so i always made sure to bundle up to prevent discomfort or getting sick. It did take time to adjust to the conditions and the long hours but i was always kept busy. After several years experience i requested a job as a multivac operator. This area of work can be stressful due to documentation, sequence of operation, targets, and time management. It is difficult to complete your daily priorities while solving intricate problems as they occur. It involves good observational skills, not only as a operator but as a general laborer as well. It is important to have a quick response to errors so you can fix problems before it proceeds to the customer. I learned many new techniques, strategies, and functions on how to run multiple machinery. The most enjoyable part are the coworkers, they were friendly and vibrant, your day goes by a lot faster with the people you work with. However, I did like learning about the machines and their robotic skills. It was interesting learning about it all because it was something new and different. great experience overall.
money wise growth is nice
Health & Safety Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, MBOctober 29, 2014
there is no advancement in this job related to position.no professional growth as well.
Enjoyed my time.
Customer Supply Chain Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 15, 2014
The company morale was great. I wish it had a been a full time position and not contract.

1 2 3 4 5

About Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a major Canadian food processing company, founded in 1927 as a merger of several major Toronto meat packers.

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Photos