Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee), brandon, MBFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough pay
A day at work on the cut floor at maple leaf foods is ok you have some hard workers and the ocassional slackers but does their work, what I learned there was communication skills and problem solving.
management is good and my co-workers were awesome people to work with.
the hardest part of my job was pulling rubs but got easier as the days went on, what I enjoyed working at maple leaf was meeting new people and learning different skills.
Good learning opportunities and ability to work cross-functionally
Process Specialist (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: cross-departmental communication/collaboration, adherence to values systems
Typical day at work will involve both commissioning on plant floor, as well as data management, and office work.
There is great opportunity to learn about processing of various categories, and majority of colleagues are willing to share their knowledge.
Majority of the time hours are reasonable, however there are periods of long hours and early mornings. The hardest part of work is collaborating on tasks that are not part of others' typical responsibilities. The culture tends to revolve around each department having their set of responsibilities and unwilling to add work on top of it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to travel among locations and gain experience in different categories.
over alll great place to work
Full time/Part-time/Summer Student (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: relaxed
Cons: some times you have to give up your breaks because of problems but you do get rewarded for it.
i worked at the Kitchener plant for 4 almost 5 years. i have had many jobs there, i wont go into to much detail. i also was able to learn many things from this company about production, food handling and over all just how a corp. that sizes worked. management was a hit and miss. some supervisors knew what they were doing some did not, was really up to the workers and team to get things do. the foremen just kinda stood around or sat in there offices leaving there job to the lead hands to do. co-workers had good days and bad days like any one else but over all most of them were pleasant to work with. the hardest part of the job was communication between works and foremen. as i stated before the foremen just kinda so up and not really do any thing. most enjoyable part of the job was working with others, you become part of a family when working with the same people every day; looking out for each other, talking, some of my best memories where at maple leaf
Fast paced enviroment with lots of overtime available.
X-Ray Operator (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Large company with lots of room for advancement and overtime. Company is still going through growing pains with their operations.
A close family working relationship..
Dispatch and Transportation Planner (Former Employee), Kitchener, OntarionFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: appreciated their staff..
Cons: plant closed
Co-ordinate the movement of the Company unionized drivers, within the collective agreement
- Adhere to departmental overtime policies for drivers Coordinate and schedule weekly Driver staffing and all weekend overtime as required
- Ensure all required movements are scheduled as required for both internal and external customers
- Arrange coverage for Driver illness and coworkers to ensure proper coverage for the next shift
- Adhere to and track drivers’ hours of service
- Ensure the timely departure of all shipments and monitor the trailer movement of the fleet
- Perform all Fleet and 3rd Party Carrier reporting as required through available technologies
- Implementing any procedural changes as they pertain to dispatcher and customer service requirement.
- Dealing with any issue for long haul drivers,
- Keeping up on the road Conditions to ensure that the driver is safe and the load will deliver on time.
- Create, verify and edit shipping orders on Citrix for Conestoga Cold Storage Mississauga
- SAP working knowledge
- Back up for Long Haul and Local planning
- Set up pre-plan load with outside carriers for Western Canada
- Set up loads for National Grocers Cambridge and Ajax
- Set up Customer Profiles
It's a good place to gain experience from , it's different from alot of other businesses .
sanitation worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: there were no pros included
Cons: the hours for most of my shifts were long at most un - announced times of my time there
Getting dressed in rubber overalls for major sanitizing work on production lines that killed fresh chickens and turkeys on a daily regular basis
Management was fine to work with always
My co - workers from my experience were very uptight & impatient to
work with my in - experience for that industry at that time , I was making constant mistakes as a new - comer to that workplace itself .
The hardest part of the job was the smell of turkey & chicken blood , it was very putrid that made alot of ourselves to feel queezy most of my time there
The most fun from it was to have nice chats with my manager on occasion
Process Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), hamiltonJanuary 20, 2015
beatiful place to work in.......................................
It is unfortunate that this branch is closing
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Weston, ONJanuary 17, 2015
The people I have and am working with are a good bunch, to work with and to work for. I have no regrets, in fact I have also learned a lot. The hardest thing about Maple Leaf, Bartor road Division, is knowing that it is soon coming to an end. In the short time here I, have served Maintenance as a Scheduler, then Purchaser and presently as a Supervisor. I enjoyed every position and I did them well and with pride. Supervision was new to me and with the direct guidance and coaching of my Manager, I was able to adapt quickly. Overall I think Maple Leaf was glad to have me on board, as I, being part of the team.
See Resume
Purchasing Supervisor Technical (Former Employee), Kitchener, OntarioJanuary 14, 2015
I enjoy being a respected source for material and logistical services. I appreciate the confidence management has in my ability to always do what is best for my employer.
Good company to gain exposure in warehousing and logistics
Warehouse Lead Hand (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 7, 2015
a typical day consisted of planning the work-flow of receiving-shipping, making sure KPIOs on trailer departures were met. A very high volume warehouse, dealing with more than 500,000 case count in and out on a daily basis.
Terrible hours
Production (Former Employee), Hannon, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: brand new facility
Cons: unusual working hours
A very clean working environment
most employees are a pleasure to work with
strong management for the most part
Very clean, fast paced
Lead Hand/Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Fast paced industry, prepare orders for shipments, maintain gov't regulations, nice place , nice people
Enjoyable workplace
Administration/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2014
I gained a lot of skills working at Maple Leaf Foods
I learned a lot from my supervisor
Dealing with telemarketers was not fun
Staff members I could go to and count on for assistance
great benefits and theres job security
Combi box machine and sausage stuffer operator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 15, 2014
Food manufacturing company with clean, quiet and cold environment, free hot drinks during breaks.10 hours and 8hours shift available.
Great experience!
Food Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 11, 2014
The work environment is really great. Everyone is very supportive at work and help you gain valuable experience and shape your career path.
Companys expectation of some Sanitation Crew Members are unreasonable
Sanitation (Current Employee), HAMILTON PLANTDecember 6, 2014
Pros: ???
Cons: all this food being process in the plant, yet nothing extended to employee at break times
Some areas need to be cleaned in 2 1/2 hours due to refrigeration set up. One person is responsible to clean about a dozen machines, about a dozen transfer belts, lots and lots of parts, atleast a dozen tubs, stands, pails. All this has to be washed, foamed,[must hunt down a portable foamer for certain machine] rinsed and sanitized all in 2 1/2 hours, huh. For about an hour HEAT is pumping out into the room, NO water fountain to be had.
SIX SIGMA SR. BLACK BELT - INTERNAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioNovember 26, 2014
I coached teams and implemented process improvements using six sigma methodology which is fact based. The environment was collaborative though most project required long hours.
Productive fast paced
scaler (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2014
I enjoy my work but after 35 years I feel the need for a change
My workmates and employers are all fantastic, but sometimes a change is also a good thing ,
I have always wanted to work at the mint and would be more than willing to work overtime, different shifts,etc.
Great work environment, good people, great benefits
Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 20, 2014
I started out in the blending department and spent just over 2 years there. My duties as a reach truck operator were to deliver fresh and frozen meat to the machine operators. In recent months due to the plant closure coming up I was transferred to the packaging department. My role there is to package finished product. During my time at Maple Leaf I learned how to operate a reach truck, food safety procedures, and the importance of team work. The managers and co-workers are very helpful, dedicated, and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is that it can be very repetitive.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
definatly a learning experience
Brine maker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 17, 2014
Maple Leaf Foods is a great company to learn and experience the business of food manufacturing. Top of the line when it comes to quality and safety in the production of their products.

1 2 3 4 5

About Maple Leaf Consumer Foods

Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a major Canadian food processing company, founded in 1927 as a merger of several major Toronto meat packers.

Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Photos