Manwin Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fun Company, Bad Management
Writer, Exclusive Content (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 7, 2013
Free breakfast, occasional free lunches, lovely seasonal events, amusing products. Offices are attractive, most staff are fun. The new way is good but some of the older staff are not. Unfortunately, there is a serious problem with deeply dysfunctional management based on friends and payoffs. Some entrenched but unskilled management are often incompetent and even abusive. Buddy dealing and blackmail is common. There is dishonest reporting of work and skills of junior members to hide management failures and incompetence, as well as theft of work from others. High turnover in some areas under same abusive managers. Some teams are healthy and high functioning, others not.
Pros
free breakfast and some lunch, new staff are good, many with high skills.
Cons
some entrenched, abusive, and dishonest managers with low skills.
Great Work Place
SEO Link/Traffic Trader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 1, 2014
Typical Day At Manwin (now known as Mind Geek)...

Well It Began in Customer Service...
It Was A Nightmare At First. We must have been dealing with the most Irate customers in the world. The company itself was great... However the company names we represented were sometimes arguably deceptive in their methods of charging and billing customers. This Upon sign up.
So My duties were to explain 1. why they were being charged
2. That It Was something They Had Agreed To Upon Sign Up
3. Walk Them Through The Steps. 4. Mostly Just Stay Courteous And Professional And let them Vent! 5. Partial Refund If Needed.
I also dealt with new customers who wanted to become members of the various company websites and would create their accounts.
And i also Dealt with Fraud Cases. Were I had to speak with Managers at the bank and determine with them if it was in fact fraudulent activity. And If So Reimburse the customers card.

I Got Promoted... SEO Web Marketing....
Now That was a job for where I learned the most ever. I was introduced to the world of Online Web Business, How it had so many aspects of it. So many ways to do things. Different approaches towards it. But most importantly how every company was beginning to use these tactics of course also involving Social Media. This was the future,
I learned 1. the ins and outs of how to promote online. 2. I had to attract attention from various website owners and Web Masters who owned online websites, 3. Once in contact I had to discuss business, show them sites we owned, sending reports on the traffic of the website, daily usage, instant hits how
  more... high it ranked... etc.
4. The exchange of links. I would browse the sites they owned and create traffic exchanges for their website on ours get some of ours on theirs, but all calculated to generate profit for our company by online expansion. 5.Social Media. We dealt with google, company meetings on how we wanted to up rank our sites with in their search list. We had to monitor not only the daily growth in traffic but also make sure that no underground web owner was using black SEO marketing which meant deceptive ways to up rank their websites. If so we had to report with google. Facebook and Twitter was also extremely important. I was also responsible for advertising.for our websites and use twitter and facebook as a tool to generate more views and ultimately new customers.

Manwin Canada Reviews by Job Title