Manulife Insurance Philippines Employee Reviews

Customer service rep
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 January 2018
challenging but rewarding.My biggest reward is to put a smile on my callers' voice.
Relation, communication and team work with management wasn't it overall
It is fun in the working field yet a great learning experience for me.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philippines3 November 2017
Investment is a very important in life because this is the reason to sustain our livelihood on a long term basis with confidence, happiness and satisfaction. That is why invest wise and invest with a purpose.
Pros
Great learning ground, nice environement and team
Cons
Comission based only
Manulife Bank
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 October 2017
The bank is virtual so u have to over come the negative of that, where it is not for everyone. The products are great in comparison to the other 5 banks. It is a great company to work for and great management. If your good at your position you will not advance out side of your department as they don't want to loose good employees
business analyst
Business Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
excellent working env.enjoy working here. business analyst on a simcorp dimension implementation project for c2. migration of positions and reallocation.
A good place to work.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 October 2017
The system is reading my resume wrong. I worked for Manulife Financial in Waterloo Ontario, not the Philippines.

It was a good place to work. I enjoyed my co-workers and we had team spirit before the department was outsourced to a private company.
Pros
Nice clean environment, good IT department.
Cons
At times we worked very long hours. Up to 32 hours of overtime in a two week period.
Excellent place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Good team enviroment
Good opportunity to learn
Excellent opportunity to meet new people
Challenging
Excellent resources to work
Great work from home culture
Amazing
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2017
This is a great company to work for. I would recommend it to anyone
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
rotating schedule
So much Bureaucracy
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto25 January 2017
Projects are extremely slow moving because the approval process is daunting. Managers micromanage, so no sense of ownership on anything. They claim they have work/life balance, but it all depends on your manager, some like to micromanage more than others and frown upon working from home.
Pros
Benefit plan
Cons
work life balance, depends on which manager you get, some embrace it, some like to micromanage
Definitely not a place for a writer
Senior Writer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
My experience at Manulife was a culture of fear, which I noticed another reviewer also noted.

I was hired as a writer and then they attempted to transition me to a horrible project management role that no one wanted. All three of my friends at Manulife have moved on.

There are some decent people here, but the executive environment is totally corporate and cut-throat. A lot of internal politics.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
Repressive environment, too much internal politics
Culture of Fear
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
This company provides NO job security. Senior management dismiss and fire people without conscience. They do the "talk" but not the "walk". Most roles are "learn as you go" and promotions are not merit or skill based.
Before accepting any role, interview your hiring manager and their manager to make sure they are genuine and sincere.
Pros
New Offices
Cons
Poor Management
Great learning experience as a student
Actuarial Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Offer broad learning experience through rotation
Supportive environment and friendly coworkers
Great work life balance
Senior Manager/Director, Control Programe & SOX (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Excellent corporate culture and values.

The company's values perfectly align with my own, where the customer is at the center of all we do.

They provide the facilities needed to get the job done - so nothing could be really classified as difficult.
Good place to work if you live at home and don't have any expenses
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
If you have a family to feed i highly recommend not to apply for the Landscaper position. Even though it's a very big company your pay will not go up there, only 2 percent a year which is 20 cents maybe even less than that.... Upper management doesn't care about this department at all. It is a perfect job for someone who just finished school and lives at home and has no expenses. Overall I am very disappointed that a unique place like this one doesn't care about there Gardening Department and there Property.
Pros
Free Lunches, Work clothes provided, short days good benefits
Cons
Salary
Should treat employees the same as customers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 August 2016
Work life balance was great, compensation is good as well. I didn't care for some middle managers including their bullying, attitude and management style.

I met some great people there.

Job security is not great regardless of how long you have been there.
Great Salary/Benefits but no work/life balance
CUSTOMER RETENTION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2016
The work atmosphere was interesting: we would have all these impossible standards that would need to be met, if you didn't meet these standards you would be put on a performance improvement plan however if you did meet them or even exceed them, no rewards were given out.

The job itself was enjoyable - between taking calls we were allowed to do anything we wanted as long as when a call came in we took care of the customer.

The hardest part of the job? Being constantly told not to "give people hope" when it came to if we could file a claim for them in tough situations.

The most enjoyable part was being able to actually help people on the few occasions we could.

Management loves to micromanage every minute of your workday so that if you miss a break or your lunch by 1 min or went over your break or lunch by one minute, you had to make up the time!

The co-workers were great until "cost-cutting" and "making the department more efficient" measures occurred - job security and morale are always at a low here now.
Pros
Great Salary, Good Benefits
Cons
Long/Difficult Work Schedule, Poor Management, Job Security
Financial planning
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC , st Leonard Qc21 July 2016
As office admintrator for 3 financial planners I enjoyed the challenges to ensure clients were well taken care of. My responsibilities were varied each day and that meant the job was always changing and exciting. From data entry to event planning and customer communication was just some of the daily functions. The hardest part of the job was working in a very large office atmosphere with a team of telesales people and other office assistants in one area. But that said we all managed our daily responsibilities.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Commute
Open, entrepreneurial, supportive - great place to work
Senior Event Consultant (contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2016
One of the best places to work, great opportunity to work with experience, engaging, creative individuals. Fabulous management support, great opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
open work environment, great work life balance
Good company to work for
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2016
Good global company with many opportunities for its employees to grow. Co-workers are supportive and most managers I have come across are as well.
great place to work
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2016
I was there for a 8 months contract and was fun place to work. Work from home is available and not much pressure of work too.
Management is helpful and comes forward for any issues if there are any.
Like having your own business
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Ortigas28 May 2016
- You generally manage your own work schedule
- You set goals and targets for yourself on a daily, weekly and yearly basis.
- You get good support from your colleagues to help you succeed.
- The difficult part is convincing clients to get more insurance.
- The most rewarding part of it is seeing you help a person or family receive their check.