Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very professional and exciting work environment
Training Delivery Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2013
I've been working for Manulife for a few months now and it has taught me a lot about the Mutual Fund Industry. There is a very professional environment while providing opportunity to learn. My work days are fairly long and sometimes not enought time to get through the work. As an overall opinion Manulife has been an interesting experience and really – more... impacted my professional life. – less
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 4, 2012
Pros: changes on going
Cons: non
Lots of changes while I worked there! it allowed me to grow. Lots of opportunities
Interesting mix of sales opportunities
Bank Consultant (Current Employee), windsor,onNovember 6, 2012
Typical sales position.
Sales focused position
Work out of a home office
good career experience
Advisor, Insurance Team (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: good bonus payouts
Cons: career development
policy review
call quality
meeting with management on sales and any claims issues
staff was energetic and knowledgable
overall dynamic culture in the workplace
monday to friday schedule
most enjoyable part of my job was seeing increased in sales figures (compared to previous years) and a reduction in claims payouts
Fun Place to work
Bilingual New Business Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntOctober 14, 2012
Working at Manulife has helped me with developing new skills such as attention to Detail, Organization and time management. Having to meet deadlines and working under pressure has allowed me to prioritize my work and finish all the important documents first.
I ENJOYED WORKING IN THIS COMPANY
Claims Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed and love my job and working in maunulife financial
productive and fun place
I learned a lot in this company,NEW SYSTEMS,SCANNING
,employee oriented
Enjoyable work place with good learning opportunities available
Summer Analyst, Mergers and Acquisitions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2012
A relaxed work environment where senior members of the deal team were willing to help out junior analysts and include them on many aspects of the deal flow.
productive workplace with excellent ongoing training,
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: free lunches, recognition, team building events.
Cons: not being able to move around, evening hours.
Typical day: was taking ongoing incoming calls. I learned a lot about RRSP's and about Manu one Mortgages. My supervisor was very supportive and I found the company had a high standard for family values. The hardest part of the job was sitting in one place for eight hours. The most enjoyable was the satisfaction of knowing you helped a client.
past work
Imaging Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: pleasant people to work with
Cons: limited in explanding my knowledge
In my past job I learned how to communicate better and several tasks required from me. I became very orgaized and learned how to priotize my work so it was completed in a timely manner. I really enjoyed my job, everyday I was excited to go in and there was always lots to keep me busy all day which I like working in a fast paced environment.
Boring
File Clerk / Mailroom Processor (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: team i was in
Cons: most other things
Sort mail each and every day, so boring, no chance of anything else
new office with all the amenities to make working comfortable
Evening Administrator (Former Employee), Waterloo OntarioFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: ergonomic working environment, great benefits great people to work with
Cons: nothing i can think of
new office - on bus route - great amenities (cafeteria, area to heat up food, cooked food etc), facilities were new and modern, cubicles were ergonomic for your working comfort
great bunch of people, had a great respect for their employees
good pay and benefits
just a great place to work
Productive and fun place
Quality Analyst Level II (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesAugust 22, 2014
I started working as a business process associate, wherein I handle policy changes and inquiries on their insurance policies. As I moved on and step up I was moved into a higher level of team until I was promoted to Quality Assurance Analyst. I am involved in auditing other associates' processes and have done software testing on the system that we are – more... using which includes Mainframe and web based software. The business has been relying on my reports on the system testing results for their upgrades and releases. – less
Great place to work!
Senior Compensation Consultant (Current Employee), WaterlooAugust 19, 2014
Stable, progressive and mature organization to work for. Great vision and resources to realize that.
Summer Job
Clerk (Former Employee), Hong KongJune 7, 2014
Ø Assist 60 insurance agents with their projects, including diary management for agents
Ø Prepare documents, leaflets and forms for internal meetings and client meetings
Ø Answer calls and field questions from clients
Ø Keep tracks on the productivity and the number of leave days of each agent
Ø Troubleshoot any technical issues with the printers, – more... computers and coffee machines – less
Fun at Work
Medical Tele-interviewer (Former Employee), PhilippinesApril 15, 2014
Pros: i was able to deal with many different kinds of people, improved my communication skills and the way on how to handle stress in a certain situation
Cons: overtime without pay
Working as a Medical Tele-Interviewer was a lot of fun, i was able to talk with different kinds of people over the phone and learn a lot from them. I was able to improve my communication skills and patience. Now talking about my colleagues, they were all nice and easy to get along with. I was able to easily adjust to them. For me, i found my Job enjoyable.
Good company to work
Application Developer (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Its a good company to work. Excellent co-workers & good management. I enjoy my wok which is one of the resaons for working here since 2006.
Productive, Inspiring, Ethical,
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros: 37 hour work week
There is no typical day when you are in property management. It change by the minute. In the morning there is daily tasks, but in a quick second that can change depending on the needs or emergencies that come up within the building.

It is always busy with a myriad of taks on the list, but I enjoy my work. Property Manager is always availalbe for any – more... inquiries we have, any suggestions and takes the time to introduce new tools which we can learn and grow from. We work diligently to get everything done.

Work isn't always predictable or easy, but it is challenging and enjoyable. – less
productive and fun with different teammates
Business Process Associate (Former Employee), Quezon City PhilippinesDecember 5, 2013
Pros: free seminars
Cons: night shift
Free business writing and e-mailing workshop was conducted in our office. I have met different types of personalities among the participants within the office and have learned the importance and tips of writing accurately and professionally.
Canada Training
Medical Teleinterviewer (Canada) (Former Employee), ManilaOctober 6, 2013
A major highlight of my stay with this company is when they sent me to Canada for training.
Professional, organized
Actuarial Intern, Life Insurance Line of Business (Former Employee), Hochiminh, VietnamSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: professional team
Cons: short breaks
Typical day:
- Open memo, checklist to see what needs to be done
- Do the jobs, report to supervisor/manager

About Manulife Financial

Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. – Read more

Manulife Financial Photos