Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Group Benefits - Support
Application Developer (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 4, 2013
They hired me for one position, and when I got there it was something else. The pay is great, but the technology is old.
Productive Workplace
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Very well integrated staff. Good Management. Very friendly coworkers
Wonderful learing experience into the world of Group Health and Dental Benefits
Group Benefits Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits, friendly staff, approachable management
Cons: several hours of overtime required to stay on top of callbacks, call centre environment, which can be very negative.
This job does take place in a Call Centre department which can be very regimented and non-stop. The time given to work on outstanding claims/callbacks is minimal and overtime is necessary.

Excellent opportunity into the world of Insurance.

Wonderful learning experience.
Long hours and low pay
Marketing & Comm Mgr, Pensions (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Generally operates in a crisis mode. Everything is a number one priority.
Productive Workplace and Fun Activities
Mailroom Sorter (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: social committee which planned events, free pizza, bbq lunches, games to coincide with the activity
Cons: the office location, for me personally
Open and preparre the mail to be sent to the various locations for the adjudicators to process. A very fast paced environment, however the days flew by.
Great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was that we were so busy there was not a lot of time to interact with co-workers during the day but when we had time, it was great. Great team work.

The – more... best part of the job was having plenty of work to keep busy and the hours. Everyone helped each other. – less
Very professional and exciting work environment
Training Delivery Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2013
I've been working for Manulife for a few months now and it has taught me a lot about the Mutual Fund Industry. There is a very professional environment while providing opportunity to learn. My work days are fairly long and sometimes not enought time to get through the work. As an overall opinion Manulife has been an interesting experience and really – more... impacted my professional life. – less
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 4, 2012
Pros: changes on going
Cons: non
Lots of changes while I worked there! it allowed me to grow. Lots of opportunities
Interesting mix of sales opportunities
Bank Consultant (Current Employee), windsor,onNovember 6, 2012
Typical sales position.
Sales focused position
Work out of a home office
good career experience
Advisor, Insurance Team (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: good bonus payouts
Cons: career development
policy review
call quality
meeting with management on sales and any claims issues
staff was energetic and knowledgable
overall dynamic culture in the workplace
monday to friday schedule
most enjoyable part of my job was seeing increased in sales figures (compared to previous years) and a reduction in claims payouts
Fun Place to work
Bilingual New Business Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntOctober 14, 2012
Working at Manulife has helped me with developing new skills such as attention to Detail, Organization and time management. Having to meet deadlines and working under pressure has allowed me to prioritize my work and finish all the important documents first.
I ENJOYED WORKING IN THIS COMPANY
Claims Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed and love my job and working in maunulife financial
productive and fun place
I learned a lot in this company,NEW SYSTEMS,SCANNING
,employee oriented
Enjoyable work place with good learning opportunities available
Summer Analyst, Mergers and Acquisitions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2012
A relaxed work environment where senior members of the deal team were willing to help out junior analysts and include them on many aspects of the deal flow.
productive workplace with excellent ongoing training,
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: free lunches, recognition, team building events.
Cons: not being able to move around, evening hours.
Typical day: was taking ongoing incoming calls. I learned a lot about RRSP's and about Manu one Mortgages. My supervisor was very supportive and I found the company had a high standard for family values. The hardest part of the job was sitting in one place for eight hours. The most enjoyable was the satisfaction of knowing you helped a client.
past work
Imaging Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: pleasant people to work with
Cons: limited in explanding my knowledge
In my past job I learned how to communicate better and several tasks required from me. I became very orgaized and learned how to priotize my work so it was completed in a timely manner. I really enjoyed my job, everyday I was excited to go in and there was always lots to keep me busy all day which I like working in a fast paced environment.
Boring
File Clerk / Mailroom Processor (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: team i was in
Cons: most other things
Sort mail each and every day, so boring, no chance of anything else
new office with all the amenities to make working comfortable
Evening Administrator (Former Employee), Waterloo OntarioFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: ergonomic working environment, great benefits great people to work with
Cons: nothing i can think of
new office - on bus route - great amenities (cafeteria, area to heat up food, cooked food etc), facilities were new and modern, cubicles were ergonomic for your working comfort
great bunch of people, had a great respect for their employees
good pay and benefits
just a great place to work
Productive and fun place
Quality Analyst Level II (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesAugust 22, 2014
I started working as a business process associate, wherein I handle policy changes and inquiries on their insurance policies. As I moved on and step up I was moved into a higher level of team until I was promoted to Quality Assurance Analyst. I am involved in auditing other associates' processes and have done software testing on the system that we are – more... using which includes Mainframe and web based software. The business has been relying on my reports on the system testing results for their upgrades and releases. – less
Great place to work!
Senior Compensation Consultant (Current Employee), WaterlooAugust 19, 2014
Stable, progressive and mature organization to work for. Great vision and resources to realize that.
Summer Job
Clerk (Former Employee), Hong KongJune 7, 2014
Ø Assist 60 insurance agents with their projects, including diary management for agents
Ø Prepare documents, leaflets and forms for internal meetings and client meetings
Ø Answer calls and field questions from clients
Ø Keep tracks on the productivity and the number of leave days of each agent
Ø Troubleshoot any technical issues with the printers, – more... computers and coffee machines – less
Fun at Work
Medical Tele-interviewer (Former Employee), PhilippinesApril 15, 2014
Pros: i was able to deal with many different kinds of people, improved my communication skills and the way on how to handle stress in a certain situation
Cons: overtime without pay
Working as a Medical Tele-Interviewer was a lot of fun, i was able to talk with different kinds of people over the phone and learn a lot from them. I was able to improve my communication skills and patience. Now talking about my colleagues, they were all nice and easy to get along with. I was able to easily adjust to them. For me, i found my Job enjoyable.

About Manulife Financial

Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. – Read more

Manulife Financial Photos