Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Great company to work at
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2016
This is my first full time job after graduating from university, management is great. Environment is friendly and company does many things to make their employee feel appreciated.
Excellent culture and fun place to work
BI Architect & Sr. Data Modeler Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2016
As a consultant, I was treated with great respect and the working level team within the company was fantastic. Everyone was extremely helpful and committed to the project we were working on.
Huge Company with plenty of opportunities to grow
Administrative Assistant, Group Pensions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
Great company to work at, but sometimes it is just too huge to work at. Good company to work when you are starting out on your career. And plenty of opportunities.
great management that focuses on bettering thier employees
Disability Claims Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ontario2 March 2014
for the two years that with worked with Manulife, I was supported in my career as well as my educational aspirations. They provided me with ample coaching to perform the job I was hired to do and was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had working
Pros
Great management, good people and strong focus on work life balance
Cons
seniority structure for promotions.
Manulife Financial
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST & TEAM LEAD (INSURANCE) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2016
Working at Manulife Financial has been wonderful experience. I have been there for 8 years. I have had been promoted to the Business Analyst position.
Technical Trainer- US Group Pensions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2014
Wonderful place to work.
Good Benefits
Great flexibility
Friendly Staff and co workers
Great opportunity to learn meticulously about group travel insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan1 July 2015
Relax work environment. Manulife offered many different types of group travel insurance policies and I got the opportunity to learn and service all of them. Management was very accommodating to address any personal or work related issues. The job itself, once you knew the products, was trait forward. The most enjoyable part of working at Manulife was working with my colleagues.
Pros
Relax work environment
Cons
Company moved from vaughan to toronto
Great ORIGINAL Co-workers
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2014
Loyalty to the company (aka old elephants) in no longer an asset, Honest opinion is not the best policy, pro-active gets you in trouble, Some Street management style is "my way or the highway" States. Outsourcing is bad, since if projects fails, the resident employee is held accountable and not the outsource company. Extreme changes in technology, either technology upgrades is waited till the last minute, or biting more than can be chewed on newer ones.
Pros
Long Hours if you don't want to go home
Cons
Long hours if you want to go home
High Stress Levels
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 September 2015
I have worked with some really great people who always try and make the best of the situation, but the situation being a poor management structure, high levels of escalations and minimal efforts put into de-escalation processes outside of the front line call centre to take the heat.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Poor management and high work volumes with unreasonable work allotment
Work Life Balance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto29 June 2015
Nice company to work.
Promotes Work Life balance and nice work area
However, there is no job security and low opportunities for promotion
Pros
work life balance
Cons
low opportunities for promotion
High volume call center with little room for advancement
CSR, Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 April 2015
Manulife offers a culture of who you know and not what you know.

There is not a lot of room for advancement contrary to the many promises made during the hiring process.

This position is ideal if your end goal is to be a CSR. Should you be the type of person with career aspirations in moving up in the organization, you may wish to look elsewhere.
Enjoyable workplace.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario18 September 2015
My daily tasks are routine however the volume can fluctuate at times. My colleagues and I work well together as a team and I also work well on my own. Each year new tasks are learned. Management is approachable which is a bonus because I find at some big company's it can be difficult.
Pros
flexiabe hours
Productive and have flexible time
Health Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2015
They have provided us training on the different systems used in processing claims. The management are very considerate, especially when I got pregnant. They gave us access to the system so we can work from home, which is very convenient for working mothers like me. My co-workers are very kind and friendly that I can easily asked them questions and will help you if you have encounter problems.
Pros
Flexible time and can work from home
good career experience
Advisor, Insurance Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2012
policy review
call quality
meeting with management on sales and any claims issues
staff was energetic and knowledgable
overall dynamic culture in the workplace
monday to friday schedule
most enjoyable part of my job was seeing increased in sales figures (compared to previous years) and a reduction in claims payouts
Pros
good bonus payouts
Cons
career development
Great company, long history and rewards hard work.
IPC Analyst IV, Institutional IS (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 October 2015
Without depending on where you work within Manulife you will find a good cross section of people. The best part of working there is the team work and work ethic displayed from my co-workers. This led to an amazing relationship build. I was lucky enough to have some really great bosses and a few terrible ones.
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto/Waterloo16 June 2015
- lots of room for growth
- positive culture
- supportive of on-going education
- world wide opportunities
- unlimited learning opportunities
-great networking opportunities
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
lots of reorganizations that lead to job change/loss
Good place to learn, caring and knowledgable executives, fast-paced and very challeging envrionment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2015
Typical day at work:
- listening to morning briefings
- work on financial models
- attend meetings with senior executives
- collaborate with co-workers to work on business proposals

What you learned
- how to price REITs
- what do investors and Manulife look for when setting up a fund
- the industry trends
- how to work with different people in different departments and positions

- very knowledgeable, hardworking, and understanding

Co-workers
- friendly, helpful, smart and hardworking

hardest part of the job
- understanding each new project with limited information

most enjoyable
- dynamic work environment and everyone has very high level of energy to produce the best work
Friendly and professional
Financial Clerk (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 April 2015
Manulife Financial SISIP services is a great place to work. Co-workers and the management are very friendly and professional. You do not feel the hierarchy in the workplace. Everybody is very positive. Management makes sure that every new employee receives quality training and lots of support when needed. They provide all the necessary tools for the best performance, then it is up to you to show your talent. Only downside of Manulife SISIP services is that, they mainly hire under contract. Permanent positions are limited.
Learn many thing from my team member which help me to build my career
Net Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  kitchener23 December 2014
=> Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day I had a late change from the client to deal with.The team weren't too happy to have to squeeze in another change, but when I explained how helpful it would be to the customer they got down to updating the specification and use cases.

=> I learned time management, punctuality and dedication for work.

=> Management was so friendly. They always ready to guide new employee for enrolling process

=> My co-workers are co operative and very helpful.
=> I have to implement some extra features in real time application which is totally new for me. Before implementation I have to understand whole application that was a hardest part of the job.

=> Every week I have to arranged meeting with my team member for discuss view on progress of project.
Pros
Friendly environment, Everyday treat from my team member
Very bad experience - E & E Valuation Project
Senior Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  500 King Street North, Waterloo13 February 2014
I worked at 500 King, Waterloo for 2 months as a Business Analyst, it was the worst experience in my 25 years career. I have a banking and technology background. The AVP hired me knowingly that I did not have any insurance experience. But from the very outset my PM disliked me and every time I asked her questions she told me why don't you think, I found her very condescending. I complained to the person who hired me but he did not do anything. So I decided to terminate my contract, at this time the AVP terminated my contract on the same day, I was working from home that day, he did not want me to come back to their building. I had to bring their laptop to my agent and pick up my personal belongings from my agent. This made me feel like a criminal. I find the way I was treated by the PM and AVP very inhuman. I don't recommend anyone to work for E & E Valuation Project at Manulife.