Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor, Group Benefits Commission Services (Current Employee), Waterloo ONApril 23, 2013
Manulife provides a great opportunity to be independent and lead projects with the right amount of guidance.
Company with great principles
Manager, US Capital Planning (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2013
Manulife strives to be an employer of choice. It invests in technology that provides it employees with opportunities to work from home to help achieve work life balance.
A really good company to work at. Learned a lot.
BA/QA (Former Employee), TORONTOApril 22, 2013
Project managers are friendly and give you opportunity to learn and get Hands On experience. I learned how to work on global projects which was also the hardest part of the job. Had fun sharing my knowledge with my co workers and was able to achieve an excellent understanding of the project.
Healthy environment plus the gym facility available.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2013
Working with Manulife Financial was one of the best experiences of my life. Everything was so systematic and organized. Co-workers were awesome, always ready to help out. I had fun and learning at the same time.
Great benefit and offer advance job opportunities.
Customer Service (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 8, 2013
Very busy and full of challenge. Great diversity of people and very fun to work with. Provided continuous staff training. Had annual picnic and Christmas dance.

Learnt to deal with the public via phone and personnel contact. Learnt to multitask with answering calls, writing letter and providing the right information to the clients.

Learning a variety – more... of products was challenging and being able to resolve problems for the customer was most satisfying. – less
Fun workplace
Business Systems Analyst IV (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 1, 2013
A typical day is spent on working on scheduled tasks / releases and communicating with business for potential projects / analysis.
Great place to get experience
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2013
Great place to get experience and hone your skills in Project / Program management
Great training, pleasant staff, interesting job
Assistant to Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great training, wonderful people to learn from, interesting work
Cons: limited room for advancement or increased work hours due to part-time position
I work part-time (as required), but the work is interesting. A typical day is spent returning phone calls, answering emails, working on regulated and required paperwork for the advisor, maintaining his data base of client information and accounts. The hardest part of this job is learning all the computer applications used in the industry - they are – more... challenging and interesting. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ongoing discussions of the financial market. – less
Group Benefits - Support
Application Developer (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 4, 2013
They hired me for one position, and when I got there it was something else. The pay is great, but the technology is old.
Productive Workplace
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Very well integrated staff. Good Management. Very friendly coworkers
Wonderful learing experience into the world of Group Health and Dental Benefits
Group Benefits Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits, friendly staff, approachable management
Cons: several hours of overtime required to stay on top of callbacks, call centre environment, which can be very negative.
This job does take place in a Call Centre department which can be very regimented and non-stop. The time given to work on outstanding claims/callbacks is minimal and overtime is necessary.

Excellent opportunity into the world of Insurance.

Wonderful learning experience.
Long hours and low pay
Marketing & Comm Mgr, Pensions (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Generally operates in a crisis mode. Everything is a number one priority.
Productive Workplace and Fun Activities
Mailroom Sorter (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: social committee which planned events, free pizza, bbq lunches, games to coincide with the activity
Cons: the office location, for me personally
Open and preparre the mail to be sent to the various locations for the adjudicators to process. A very fast paced environment, however the days flew by.
Great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was that we were so busy there was not a lot of time to interact with co-workers during the day but when we had time, it was great. Great team work.

The – more... best part of the job was having plenty of work to keep busy and the hours. Everyone helped each other. – less
Very professional and exciting work environment
Training Delivery Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2013
I've been working for Manulife for a few months now and it has taught me a lot about the Mutual Fund Industry. There is a very professional environment while providing opportunity to learn. My work days are fairly long and sometimes not enought time to get through the work. As an overall opinion Manulife has been an interesting experience and really – more... impacted my professional life. – less
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 4, 2012
Pros: changes on going
Cons: non
Lots of changes while I worked there! it allowed me to grow. Lots of opportunities
Interesting mix of sales opportunities
Bank Consultant (Current Employee), windsor,onNovember 6, 2012
Typical sales position.
Sales focused position
Work out of a home office
good career experience
Advisor, Insurance Team (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: good bonus payouts
Cons: career development
policy review
call quality
meeting with management on sales and any claims issues
staff was energetic and knowledgable
overall dynamic culture in the workplace
monday to friday schedule
most enjoyable part of my job was seeing increased in sales figures (compared to previous years) and a reduction in claims payouts
Fun Place to work
Bilingual New Business Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntOctober 14, 2012
Working at Manulife has helped me with developing new skills such as attention to Detail, Organization and time management. Having to meet deadlines and working under pressure has allowed me to prioritize my work and finish all the important documents first.
I ENJOYED WORKING IN THIS COMPANY
Claims Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed and love my job and working in maunulife financial
productive and fun place
I learned a lot in this company,NEW SYSTEMS,SCANNING
,employee oriented
Enjoyable work place with good learning opportunities available
Summer Analyst, Mergers and Acquisitions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2012
A relaxed work environment where senior members of the deal team were willing to help out junior analysts and include them on many aspects of the deal flow.

About Manulife Financial

Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. – Read more

Manulife Financial Photos