Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, knowledgable and a great place to grow within the company
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2013
Pros: the location and work hours
A very busy productive day.
Learned about team work, the company, how to multi-task, to work in a busy environment.
Management was great.
Co-workers were very nice, proactive.
Sitting at a computer all day.
The work, locations and staff.
Manulife is a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 2, 2013
friendly working environment
limited exposure to financial instrument
strong insurance product development
Financial Sector
Control-M Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2013
Learned about the investments market and how it works for Manulife to make them successful
Great Company
Certificate Administrator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: good pay, benefits and vacation
Cons: management
The Company as a whole is great, The Management is what sucks as they are suppose to encourage employees and promote a healthy work environment. Instead they make you feel like a child and take every opportunity to show it
Contract Positon
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 4, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: on contract
Currently on contract with this company. I work hard and take pride in what I do but I am looking for full-time but it seems they will just keep extending the contract. Not the greatest when you I can not receive benefits
Promoted to Senior Contract Specialist - Group Insurance in 1997
Client Set-up/Implementation Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2013
Medium size company. Maritime Life was acquired by Manulife in 2005.
Lots of volunteer opportunities. Great colleagues.
Supervisor, Direct Sales (Former Employee), Toronto.ONJune 10, 2013
Pros: stable, large employer.
Cons: somewhat limited mobility.
Typically, the day began as soon as, or before I removed my coat.

I loved the many chances I was given to support and foster performance improvements, new personal bests and win-win outcomes for both clients and advisors.
Productive place to work, fun and enjoyable with the right challenges and rewards
New Business Associate- ILC New Business (Former Employee), 25 Water Street, KitchenerJune 4, 2013
Pros: excellent team, personal environment and team manager always a pleasure
Cons: no real cons perhaps only with salary
Came to work organized and ready to work. I prepared myself for my daily tasks and ensured all work was completed on time and in a proficient manner. There was a daily task to issue upwards of 30 life insurance policies daily and would strive to achieve, always going above and beyond the daily requirements.
Was involvement in training development amongst – more... our team, held regular meetings with staff to work out problem issues they faced, find solutions and have them organized and synchronized with the rest of the team. Was highly challenging but rewarding. – less
Manulife has flexible work hours, many locations and a lot of opportunities
IS Project Manager (Former Employee), Waterloo, OnMay 29, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lots of overtime
Lots of variety, open to process improvements, great people to work with, sense of team
Great company
HR Data Compliance & Privacy Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2013
Great Company to work with. I like to be part of this setup. It gives opportunities to people to grow.
Weekly brunch ordered by our project manager
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2013
Pros: location - downtown, 10 am start
Cons: salary
I would be assigned multiple projects by my project manager through a ticketing system once the request for change was initiated by a person. Once the project was assigned to me, I would go to SMEs and gather requirements and ask them questions about the details of new business process. Mostly, I would go to interview clients with senior business Analyst. – more... I learned alot from her as she taught me tips and trick on how to become a subject matter expert yourself once you discuss requirements with clients. – less
High energy company with high but reasonable expectations
IS Infrastructure Integrator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 2, 2013
Manulife is a great company that has a very high energy environment that is very progressive. I would definitely work with Manulife again as the environment provides challenges that are reasonable within tight timelines that pushes you to be the best employee that you can be.
Horrible place to work if your looking for a warm atmosphere with chance of advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), WaterlooApril 24, 2013
Pros: pay rate, break schedules, free lunches, amazing training
Cons: no support, not a warm atmosphere from management or staff, not enough time to complete callbacks for members.
I didn't have the same kind of experience some of the reviews listed have. I found there was very little support from management in regards to questions or concerns. In fact they spent more time talking down to myself and several colleagues then helping us succeed for them. Now we were all contracted, and reminded of which quite often, also reminded – more... how they don't hire contracted people... Perhaps this is why we were treated differently. I found most of the staff very helpful, but we were not allowed to seek their support and would infact get in trouble for asking for it. Definitely could just use more support, and be more warm and empathetic to their staff... Would be sufficient changes to make it a much better contracted placement... – less
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor, Group Benefits Commission Services (Current Employee), Waterloo ONApril 23, 2013
Manulife provides a great opportunity to be independent and lead projects with the right amount of guidance.
Company with great principles
Manager, US Capital Planning (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2013
Manulife strives to be an employer of choice. It invests in technology that provides it employees with opportunities to work from home to help achieve work life balance.
A really good company to work at. Learned a lot.
BA/QA (Former Employee), TORONTOApril 22, 2013
Project managers are friendly and give you opportunity to learn and get Hands On experience. I learned how to work on global projects which was also the hardest part of the job. Had fun sharing my knowledge with my co workers and was able to achieve an excellent understanding of the project.
Healthy environment plus the gym facility available.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2013
Working with Manulife Financial was one of the best experiences of my life. Everything was so systematic and organized. Co-workers were awesome, always ready to help out. I had fun and learning at the same time.
Great benefit and offer advance job opportunities.
Customer Service (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 8, 2013
Very busy and full of challenge. Great diversity of people and very fun to work with. Provided continuous staff training. Had annual picnic and Christmas dance.

Learnt to deal with the public via phone and personnel contact. Learnt to multitask with answering calls, writing letter and providing the right information to the clients.

Learning a variety – more... of products was challenging and being able to resolve problems for the customer was most satisfying. – less
Fun workplace
Business Systems Analyst IV (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 1, 2013
A typical day is spent on working on scheduled tasks / releases and communicating with business for potential projects / analysis.
Great place to get experience
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2013
Great place to get experience and hone your skills in Project / Program management

About Manulife Financial

Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. – Read more

Manulife Financial Photos