Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

I would encourage anyone to work for Manulife
Business Analyst - Life New Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
Manulife is an excellent company to work for. They have a balanced work to life program in place that includes work from home options. They are very fair and competitive within the market with concerns to both salary and benefits.
Fun workplace
FINANCIAL REPORTING ANALYST(Contract) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 June 2016
I like working at Manulife, I like the flexible hours, working from home,nice working environment, good culture, always update employees with new projects
Pros
Flexible
Cons
some time work load is too much
Professional Work Environment
IT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2016
AS with many large companies Manulife is currently outsourcing much of their work. This presented many challenges but was well managed by staff and management.
Interactive Summer Student Position
Disability Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 April 2016
This was a great summer student position that allowed me to learn crucial information about the medical and disability fields. I worked hand in hand with the medical team to oversee long term disability cases as well as work on different projects that enhanced my computer and administrative skills.

The management levels are well organized and try to incorporate every employees best skills.
Productive workplace with a vibrant atmosphere
Actuarial Co-op Student, Canadian Division VST (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 May 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that a lot of my fellow coworkers were fairly young (early-mid 20s) which created a very supportive culture. At times, I felt that the work I was given could be a bit more challenging though.
Great internship with a great company
Legal Counsel, Institutional Law and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 August 2016
I worked as an intern at DT Group and was privileged to obtain experience implementing a legal, risk and compliance Product Integrity Strategy throughout all four Nordic countries.
A good all rounded organization to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2016
The morning is easy going in the initial stages then it picks up quickly and the remaining day is engaging

I learned the nitty-gritty aspects of insurance

Cool Management

They provide the facilities needed to get the job done - so nothing could be really classified as difficult

Friendly Atmosphere
Pros
Nice Cafeteria
Excellent
Senior Business and IT Project manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
Great company to work. Excellent training and growth prospects.

Co workers very supportive

Too many management changes
Pros
Co workers very supportive
Cons
Too many management changes
Very busy place to work. Always changing
Training and Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 October 2015
Good work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
Management is supportive
Cons
co-works are very siloed thinking, lots of work - employees are maxed
great people
Senior Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 March 2016
Manulife treats employees with respect and compassion. During my 1.5 year contract with Manulife I was treated like a permanent employee. The work/life balance was excellent as well as the people were great to work with and for. To me Manulife is all about the people.
Productive, Good training provided, goood teamplayers
Customer service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montreal16 September 2015
Professional place to work with Internal/External clients, Advisors, other staff of Manulife from other locations.
DEvelopped good customer experience at Reception.
enjoyed working alongside colleagues.
Not satisfied salarywise-role was changed to a more challenging and stressful one but no salaryraise.
Pros
Godd customer experience
Cons
We cannot accelarate some proceedures which was not in my hands
Cares about its employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
Cares about its employees, limited growth opportunities however. Corporate culture is good with frequent and in-depth updates on company health, communication is excellent.
Excellent corporate culture and values
Director, Business Continuity Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2015
Excellent corporate culture and values: I am a well respected leader, where my skills and opinions are valued by senior management. The company's values perfectly align with my own, where the customer is at the center of all that we do.
great management that focuses on bettering thier employees
Disability Claims Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ontario2 March 2014
for the two years that with worked with Manulife, I was supported in my career as well as my educational aspirations. They provided me with ample coaching to perform the job I was hired to do and was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had working
Pros
Great management, good people and strong focus on work life balance
Cons
seniority structure for promotions.
productive
New Business coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
learned a lot about the insurance business while working at Manulife. It is a decent place to work. the location is not the best, but I can still drive to work .
Decent company with fair benefits and salary
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2013
- Typical day at work is extremely hectic in particular during peak times (Jan to Mar). Very busy and took time to become comfortable with leaving work knowing I may not have completed everything in the day as it can be very hard to keep up
- I learned so much. I have been very lucky within the company and had many great mentors who were focused on helping me succeed. I learned leadership, improved on multitasking and found my voice
- My co-workers are great. They are helpful, supportive and very knowledgeable
- Leadership is the most difficult for me. The leadership style for me and what I am used to within the organization has changed significantly after the re-organization. It's no longer enjoyable and has proved to be an impossible work/life balance.
- All of the opportunities I have had as been the most enjoyable. I have had the opportunity to work with so many different people from so many areas, and I'm truly grateful for that.
Pros
Decent salary, people, opportunities
Cons
long hours, no work/life balance
good career experience
Advisor, Insurance Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2012
policy review
call quality
meeting with management on sales and any claims issues
staff was energetic and knowledgable
overall dynamic culture in the workplace
monday to friday schedule
most enjoyable part of my job was seeing increased in sales figures (compared to previous years) and a reduction in claims payouts
Pros
good bonus payouts
Cons
career development
I am a dynamic and results oriented professional with a successful track record. I have consistently met and exceeded project timelines
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2016
Typical day at work is managing project
I learned that its vital to gather requirements early in the project
Management is excellent
My co-workers are excellent
Hardest part of the job is saying no
Best time of my life
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2015
I had the best time of my life here. The staff and management were simply AWESOME. There was so much state of the art, work to be done, that we could not get enough of it.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Professional work place
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  250 Bloor street East7 April 2016
I enjoyed my time at Manulife Financial. I learned a lot about Risk Management and Disaster Recovery. My co-workers were always very professional.