Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

An organization not really changing itself
Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2015
Long hours and often senior management is not effectively communicating with their staff and / or amongst themselves. A lot of money and effort spent to be able to say there is culture change, but its mostly to meet board level governance requirements. Too many AVPs and VPs that care more about rising thru the ranks than doing the right work and working with their teams to get better results.
Great working atmosphere with lots of flexibility
Case Manager for Absence Management (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 December 2015
Working from home is a great advantage that manlike offers. Your work performance directly predicts your income and potential for advancement.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Difficult to advance
Excellent Company to work for
HR Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 December 2015
I was a proud member of the Manulife Financial HR Operations team for many years. I fully support the day to day operations, enjoyed how management allowed autonomy in the workplace and encouraged employees to find efficiencies within their roles.

I would be pleased to work with Manulife again having only left due to departmental restructuring.
Excellent corporate culture and values
Director, Business Continuity Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2015
Excellent corporate culture and values: I am a well respected leader, where my skills and opinions are valued by senior management. The company's values perfectly align with my own, where the customer is at the center of all that we do.
Best time of my life
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2015
I had the best time of my life here. The staff and management were simply AWESOME. There was so much state of the art, work to be done, that we could not get enough of it.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Huge Company with plenty of opportunities to grow
Administrative Assistant, Group Pensions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
Great company to work at, but sometimes it is just too huge to work at. Good company to work when you are starting out on your career. And plenty of opportunities.
A good place for work-life balance
Quantitative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2015
A good place to work. Co-workers are nice, not very busy and good job security. The company cares much about employees' work-life balance.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
not a place to study a lot
Very busy place to work. Always changing
Training and Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 October 2015
Good work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
Management is supportive
Cons
co-works are very siloed thinking, lots of work - employees are maxed
Great company, long history and rewards hard work.
IPC Analyst IV, Institutional IS (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 October 2015
Without depending on where you work within Manulife you will find a good cross section of people. The best part of working there is the team work and work ethic displayed from my co-workers. This led to an amazing relationship build. I was lucky enough to have some really great bosses and a few terrible ones.
hard working environment
Director, Global Program Office (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2015
high level of demands on employees. good benefits. not well organized however autocratic management style. some management is very bright and articulate. ideas need to be more modern and forward thinking.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
archaic thinking
Enjoyable workplace.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario18 September 2015
My daily tasks are routine however the volume can fluctuate at times. My colleagues and I work well together as a team and I also work well on my own. Each year new tasks are learned. Management is approachable which is a bonus because I find at some big company's it can be difficult.
Pros
flexiabe hours
Productive, Good training provided, goood teamplayers
Customer service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montreal16 September 2015
Professional place to work with Internal/External clients, Advisors, other staff of Manulife from other locations.
DEvelopped good customer experience at Reception.
enjoyed working alongside colleagues.
Not satisfied salarywise-role was changed to a more challenging and stressful one but no salaryraise.
Pros
Godd customer experience
Cons
We cannot accelarate some proceedures which was not in my hands
Productive, Hard working coworkers
Private Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2015
Senior staffs were very supportive. There were always room to grow and they supported my line of work. Not all about numbers but also personal growth and development. Dynamic of the office began to change as new staffs were relocating. Expectations became overwhelming.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Rotation of new senior staffs
High Stress Levels
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 September 2015
I have worked with some really great people who always try and make the best of the situation, but the situation being a poor management structure, high levels of escalations and minimal efforts put into de-escalation processes outside of the front line call centre to take the heat.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Poor management and high work volumes with unreasonable work allotment
Great working environment
Customer service in a call center (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 August 2015
Working for Manulife is great.
The people are nice and managment is very helpful.
There are many advancement possiblities.
Was pretty good and people are great
Long Term Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2015
This was a challenging work place but overall pretty supportive place to work. The people are great and the job is a challenging but also can be rewarding one.
Not recommended
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 July 2015
Good company if you want to get nickel and dimed on your pay. Was part of a huge hiring group and then part of a huge firing group because they overhired. Management are out to cover their own butts. Best advise, look for a new insurance company to work for.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Everything else
productive, professional and fitness place at work.
Quality Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2015
Excellent company to work for. Learnt and developed lots of skills such as team player, leadership, service oriented and many more.
Pros
rewards and gifts
Productive workplace
Medical Tele-interviewer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 July 2015
Professional environment.
Good team work.
Extra training available when needed.
Good benefits.
In this job we take inbound calls from clients to book their medical interview appointments, we make calls out to clients and complete the interviews on the phone.
I like how there are no "cold calls" to clients, they are expecting our call.
Pros
VIP bonus
Cons
Hours they are open
Productive and have flexible time
Health Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2015
They have provided us training on the different systems used in processing claims. The management are very considerate, especially when I got pregnant. They gave us access to the system so we can work from home, which is very convenient for working mothers like me. My co-workers are very kind and friendly that I can easily asked them questions and will help you if you have encounter problems.
Pros
Flexible time and can work from home