Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Business Systems Analyst IV (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 1, 2013
A typical day is spent on working on scheduled tasks / releases and communicating with business for potential projects / analysis.
Great place to get experience
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2013
Great place to get experience and hone your skills in Project / Program management
Great training, pleasant staff, interesting job
Assistant to Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great training, wonderful people to learn from, interesting work
Cons: limited room for advancement or increased work hours due to part-time position
I work part-time (as required), but the work is interesting. A typical day is spent returning phone calls, answering emails, working on regulated and required paperwork for the advisor, maintaining his data base of client information and accounts. The hardest part of this job is learning all the computer applications used in the industry - they are – more... challenging and interesting. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ongoing discussions of the financial market. – less
Group Benefits - Support
Application Developer (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 4, 2013
They hired me for one position, and when I got there it was something else. The pay is great, but the technology is old.
Productive Workplace
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Very well integrated staff. Good Management. Very friendly coworkers
Work at your own time.Excellent training.Generous commissions & awards
Licensed Life Insurance Underwriter / Agent (Former Employee), Makti CityJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: work at your own time. generous commissions and awards. training is one of the best
Cons: sales quotas increase periodically
A typical day would involve reviewing all client records, calling all those need to be reminded on premium payment dues, calling prospects and setting appointments for the week and organizing the client's files ensuring that all policies are updated. I have learned much about financial investments and the value of all types of insurance according to – more... the individual's or family's needs. Management has been very generous in giving out commissions and other benefits. Training has been challenging but very useful. I have since applied for personal as well as at my other jobs the training i learned at Manulife and up to this day I am really grateful for it.My co workers were very supportive and inspirational, helping me achieve my goals in the insurance business as well as in my personal life. They have become long time friends even after i resigned.
The hardest part of the job is when quotas increase every year and become very challenging to reach. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you manage your own time, you are your own boss, and your earning capacity is in your own hands. – less
Wonderful learing experience into the world of Group Health and Dental Benefits
Group Benefits Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits, friendly staff, approachable management
Cons: several hours of overtime required to stay on top of callbacks, call centre environment, which can be very negative.
This job does take place in a Call Centre department which can be very regimented and non-stop. The time given to work on outstanding claims/callbacks is minimal and overtime is necessary.

Excellent opportunity into the world of Insurance.

Wonderful learning experience.
Long hours and low pay
Marketing & Comm Mgr, Pensions (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Generally operates in a crisis mode. Everything is a number one priority.
Productive Workplace and Fun Activities
Mailroom Sorter (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: social committee which planned events, free pizza, bbq lunches, games to coincide with the activity
Cons: the office location, for me personally
Open and preparre the mail to be sent to the various locations for the adjudicators to process. A very fast paced environment, however the days flew by.
Great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was that we were so busy there was not a lot of time to interact with co-workers during the day but when we had time, it was great. Great team work.

The – more... best part of the job was having plenty of work to keep busy and the hours. Everyone helped each other. – less
Very professional and exciting work environment
Training Delivery Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2013
I've been working for Manulife for a few months now and it has taught me a lot about the Mutual Fund Industry. There is a very professional environment while providing opportunity to learn. My work days are fairly long and sometimes not enought time to get through the work. As an overall opinion Manulife has been an interesting experience and really – more... impacted my professional life. – less
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 4, 2012
Pros: changes on going
Cons: non
Lots of changes while I worked there! it allowed me to grow. Lots of opportunities
Interesting mix of sales opportunities
Bank Consultant (Current Employee), windsor,onNovember 6, 2012
Typical sales position.
Sales focused position
Work out of a home office
good career experience
Advisor, Insurance Team (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: good bonus payouts
Cons: career development
policy review
call quality
meeting with management on sales and any claims issues
staff was energetic and knowledgable
overall dynamic culture in the workplace
monday to friday schedule
most enjoyable part of my job was seeing increased in sales figures (compared to previous years) and a reduction in claims payouts
Fun Place to work
Bilingual New Business Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntOctober 14, 2012
Working at Manulife has helped me with developing new skills such as attention to Detail, Organization and time management. Having to meet deadlines and working under pressure has allowed me to prioritize my work and finish all the important documents first.
I ENJOYED WORKING IN THIS COMPANY
Claims Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed and love my job and working in maunulife financial
productive and fun place
I learned a lot in this company,NEW SYSTEMS,SCANNING
,employee oriented
Enjoyable work place with good learning opportunities available
Summer Analyst, Mergers and Acquisitions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2012
A relaxed work environment where senior members of the deal team were willing to help out junior analysts and include them on many aspects of the deal flow.
productive workplace with excellent ongoing training,
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: free lunches, recognition, team building events.
Cons: not being able to move around, evening hours.
Typical day: was taking ongoing incoming calls. I learned a lot about RRSP's and about Manu one Mortgages. My supervisor was very supportive and I found the company had a high standard for family values. The hardest part of the job was sitting in one place for eight hours. The most enjoyable was the satisfaction of knowing you helped a client.
past work
Imaging Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: pleasant people to work with
Cons: limited in explanding my knowledge
In my past job I learned how to communicate better and several tasks required from me. I became very orgaized and learned how to priotize my work so it was completed in a timely manner. I really enjoyed my job, everyday I was excited to go in and there was always lots to keep me busy all day which I like working in a fast paced environment.
it was professional environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee), us pension 401k planMay 8, 2012
Pros: great company, benefits, shareholder opportunity
Cons: pay not enough, did not think much of their employee
This is a great company but the pay was not right for the amount of duties and responsibilities you had to do.
I this our department was viewed at the bottom of the barrel. However i believe we were the back bone
Boring
File Clerk / Mailroom Processor (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: team i was in
Cons: most other things
Sort mail each and every day, so boring, no chance of anything else

About Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Corporation is a Canadian insurance company and financial services provider. Manulife Financials global head – Read more

Manulife Financial Photos