Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Company to work for
HR Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 3, 2015
I was a proud member of the Manulife Financial HR Operations team for many years. I fully support the day to day operations, enjoyed how management allowed autonomy in the workplace and encouraged employees to find efficiencies within their roles.

I would be pleased to work with Manulife again having only left due to departmental restructuring.
Excellent corporate culture and values
Director, Business Continuity Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
Excellent corporate culture and values: I am a well respected leader, where my skills and opinions are valued by senior management. The company's values perfectly align with my own, where the customer is at the center of all that we do.
Best time of my life
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Staff
Cons: Long Hours
I had the best time of my life here. The staff and management were simply AWESOME. There was so much state of the art, work to be done, that we could not get enough of it.
Huge Company with plenty of opportunities to grow
Administrative Assistant, Group Pensions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
Great company to work at, but sometimes it is just too huge to work at. Good company to work when you are starting out on your career. And plenty of opportunities.
A good place for work-life balance
Quantitative Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: not a place to study a lot
A good place to work. Co-workers are nice, not very busy and good job security. The company cares much about employees' work-life balance.
Very busy place to work. Always changing
Training and Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Management is supportive
Cons: co-works are very siloed thinking, lots of work - employees are maxed
Good work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Great company, long history and rewards hard work.
IPC Analyst IV, Institutional IS (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 15, 2015
Without depending on where you work within Manulife you will find a good cross section of people. The best part of working there is the team work and work ethic displayed from my co-workers. This led to an amazing relationship build. I was lucky enough to have some really great bosses and a few terrible ones.
hard working environment
Director, Global Program Office (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: archaic thinking
high level of demands on employees. good benefits. not well organized however autocratic management style. some management is very bright and articulate. ideas need to be more modern and forward thinking.
Enjoyable workplace.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: flexiabe hours
My daily tasks are routine however the volume can fluctuate at times. My colleagues and I work well together as a team and I also work well on my own. Each year new tasks are learned. Management is approachable which is a bonus because I find at some big company's it can be difficult.
Productive, Good training provided, goood teamplayers
Customer service Agent (Former Employee), MontrealSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: Godd customer experience
Cons: We cannot accelarate some proceedures which was not in my hands
Professional place to work with Internal/External clients, Advisors, other staff of Manulife from other locations.
DEvelopped good customer experience at Reception.
enjoyed working alongside colleagues.
Not satisfied salarywise-role was changed to a more challenging and stressful one but no salaryraise.
Productive, Hard working coworkers
Private Asset Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Rotation of new senior staffs
Senior staffs were very supportive. There were always room to grow and they supported my line of work. Not all about numbers but also personal growth and development. Dynamic of the office began to change as new staffs were relocating. Expectations became overwhelming.
High Stress Levels
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Poor management and high work volumes with unreasonable work allotment
I have worked with some really great people who always try and make the best of the situation, but the situation being a poor management structure, high levels of escalations and minimal efforts put into de-escalation processes outside of the front line call centre to take the heat.
Great working environment
Customer service in a call center (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 17, 2015
Working for Manulife is great.
The people are nice and managment is very helpful.
There are many advancement possiblities.
Was pretty good and people are great
Long Term Disability Case Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
This was a challenging work place but overall pretty supportive place to work. The people are great and the job is a challenging but also can be rewarding one.
Not recommended
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 27, 2015
Pros: The employees
Cons: Everything else
Good company if you want to get nickel and dimed on your pay. Was part of a huge hiring group and then part of a huge firing group because they overhired. Management are out to cover their own butts. Best advise, look for a new insurance company to work for.
productive, professional and fitness place at work.
Quality Account Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2015
Pros: rewards and gifts
Excellent company to work for. Learnt and developed lots of skills such as team player, leadership, service oriented and many more.
Productive workplace
Medical Tele-interviewer (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 16, 2015
Pros: VIP bonus
Cons: Hours they are open
Professional environment.
Good team work.
Extra training available when needed.
Good benefits.
In this job we take inbound calls from clients to book their medical interview appointments, we make calls out to clients and complete the interviews on the phone.
I like how there are no "cold calls" to clients, they are expecting our call.
Productive and have flexible time
Health Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible time and can work from home
They have provided us training on the different systems used in processing claims. The management are very considerate, especially when I got pregnant. They gave us access to the system so we can work from home, which is very convenient for working mothers like me. My co-workers are very kind and friendly that I can easily asked them questions and will help you if you have encounter problems.
Sr. Business System Analyst / Team lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
Good company to work for, good work life balance.
Very helpful peers. A lot of opportunity to grow within the organization.
Some traveling is involved.
amazing company
Help Desk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 9, 2015
Pros: benefits, time-offs, sometimes free lunch
i really enjoyed my work with manulife. very generous in benefits package & vacation days off. would come back for manulife in a flash.
Headquarters