Manulife Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

productive
New Business coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2016
learned a lot about the insurance business while working at Manulife. It is a decent place to work. the location is not the best, but I can still drive to work .
Excellent
Senior Business and IT Project manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Great company to work. Excellent training and growth prospects.

Co workers very supportive

Too many management changes
Pros
Co workers very supportive
Cons
Too many management changes
good company with nice benefits
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 22, 2016
good company with nice benefits, hard to go up and poor internal culture. If you wanna learn more from the job this is not a good choice.
I would encourage anyone to work for Manulife
Business Analyst - Life New Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Manulife is an excellent company to work for. They have a balanced work to life program in place that includes work from home options. They are very fair and competitive within the market with concerns to both salary and benefits.
An organization not really changing itself
Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
Long hours and often senior management is not effectively communicating with their staff and / or amongst themselves. A lot of money and effort spent to be able to say there is culture change, but its mostly to meet board level governance requirements. Too many AVPs and VPs that care more about rising thru the ranks than doing the right work and working with their teams to get better results.
Flexible and location in Toronto was great
Business Analyst/System Specialist/Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Unfortunately my job moved to Waterloo and commuting was not an option for me.

I enjoyed the job I held and the people I worked with. I had a good variety of things to do and was kept busy.
Cares about its employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Cares about its employees, limited growth opportunities however. Corporate culture is good with frequent and in-depth updates on company health, communication is excellent.
Excellent culture and fun place to work
BI Architect & Sr. Data Modeler Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
As a consultant, I was treated with great respect and the working level team within the company was fantastic. Everyone was extremely helpful and committed to the project we were working on.
Excellent Company to work for
HR Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONDecember 3, 2015
I was a proud member of the Manulife Financial HR Operations team for many years. I fully support the day to day operations, enjoyed how management allowed autonomy in the workplace and encouraged employees to find efficiencies within their roles.

I would be pleased to work with Manulife again having only left due to departmental restructuring.
Professional work place
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  250 Bloor street EastApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Manulife Financial. I learned a lot about Risk Management and Disaster Recovery. My co-workers were always very professional.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 19, 2016
The option that you can work from home is great, If you dont mind being on the phones all day everyday, then its a great place to work
Great working environment
Compliance Admin (Former Employee) –  200 Bloor Street EastMarch 21, 2016
An excellent place to work at. Full of talent and highly responsible and accommodating colleagues with a lot of scope of learning new things.
Very busy place to work. Always changing
Training and Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 22, 2015
Good work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
Management is supportive
Cons
co-works are very siloed thinking, lots of work - employees are maxed
Excellent corporate culture and values
Director, Business Continuity Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
Excellent corporate culture and values: I am a well respected leader, where my skills and opinions are valued by senior management. The company's values perfectly align with my own, where the customer is at the center of all that we do.
Great working atmosphere with lots of flexibility
Case Manager for Absence Management (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONDecember 15, 2015
Working from home is a great advantage that manlike offers. Your work performance directly predicts your income and potential for advancement.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Difficult to advance
Manulife Financial
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST & TEAM LEAD (INSURANCE) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Manulife Financial has been wonderful experience. I have been there for 8 years. I have had been promoted to the Business Analyst position.
Great company to work at
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
This is my first full time job after graduating from university, management is great. Environment is friendly and company does many things to make their employee feel appreciated.
Great company, long history and rewards hard work.
IPC Analyst IV, Institutional IS (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 15, 2015
Without depending on where you work within Manulife you will find a good cross section of people. The best part of working there is the team work and work ethic displayed from my co-workers. This led to an amazing relationship build. I was lucky enough to have some really great bosses and a few terrible ones.
Productive, Good training provided, goood teamplayers
Customer service Agent (Former Employee) –  MontrealSeptember 16, 2015
Professional place to work with Internal/External clients, Advisors, other staff of Manulife from other locations.
DEvelopped good customer experience at Reception.
enjoyed working alongside colleagues.
Not satisfied salarywise-role was changed to a more challenging and stressful one but no salaryraise.
Pros
Godd customer experience
Cons
We cannot accelarate some proceedures which was not in my hands
Great compnay to work for
Sr. Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, OntarioJanuary 28, 2016
a very welcoming environment.
good company to work for
enjoyed working there