Manulife Financial Employee Review

View all Manulife Financial reviews

QA Analyst
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2014
April 2010 to Present
• Managing overall test execution of the claims automation system belonging to the group benefit solutions division of Manulife financial.
• Working closely with the business system analyst.
• Managing testing with team of 4 testers at offshore including the overall responsibility for test execution, tracking, completion of testing within time and as per plan and preparing weekly status report to project manager.
• Conducts defect meetings to follow up on the outstanding defects with attendance from the BAs/testers, developers and project manager.
• Organized testing based on Risk Based Approach in Quality Center and created Test Scripts based on Test Scenarios in Quality Centre
• Improved the testing process by introducing and with hands on experiencing with testing automation tools.
• Involved in the development of Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test data and Test scripts according to Requirements, Wire frames and Use Case documents
• COBOL, DB2, JCL, HP Quality Centre 10, HP Quick Test Professional 11, , SQL, SQL Server, Java, WebSphere Application Server, TCP/IP, XML, IE, Firefox, Windows XP, 2000, 7

Other Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Bad bad place to work.
Forms Designer / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 January 2018
Awful place to be.. they beat you down and then kick you to the curb. Would not go back if they invited me. eg...Having a scrum at my desk one day.. A manager asked me a question and he did not get the answer from me he wanted and blew a gasket.. Abused me verbally. There were 2 Directors around me who all went to my manager to explain what happened and that I did nothing wrong. My manager put me on probation because I made him look bad in front of management. Bad place to work.. Management is out for themselves.. The peons do not matter.. Stay away !!
Pros
Cons
See above
good place to work at.
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 January 2018
my experience at manulife was positive. the projects that i worked on were well managed.
learning curves are everywhere, i was able to learn my way through the practices easily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife Financial. Our community is ready to answer.