Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fantastic Workplace
Client Account Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: everything
There is a reason why there is no turnover at Mirvish Productions, and the average employee has been working there since the 1980s. It is a fantastic environment, in which the managers actually care about the welfare of their employees, and the relationships are very amicable.
Long-standing Canadian Company, globally diverse
Director (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 1, 2014
Canadian company
Large, diverse business
Many opportunities across the globe
Technical Trainer- US Group Pensions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2014
Wonderful place to work.
Good Benefits
Great flexibility
Friendly Staff and co workers
Good Place to work
Insurance (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 15, 2014
Great experience and movement potential. I started out as a student and moved to various other roles throughout my career. Good pay and good work life balance.
Productive and a good work environment.
Travel Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2014
Fast-paced work, team spirit and friendly environment. Submitting claims to Examiners after adjudicating them for approvals.
A wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: long hours
It is a wonderful place to work. Great employees, clean and wonderful environment.
Good but not great
Business Systems Analyst at Affinity Markets (Current Employee), toronto, onJune 27, 2014
Pros: good work / life balance
Cons: low work and team spirit.
Government pace of work. Lots of bureaucracy and politics.
Productive fun work place
Case Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: contract work, takes a while to get permanent status
Great work atmosphere, flexible work schedule, with opportunities to grow within the company.
One of the worst places to work
Senior Controls Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 2, 2014
Cons: corrupt management
Poor Management
Bad co-workers
One of the worst places to work.
Productive and fun work place. I enjoy the people.
Processor (Current Employee), WaterlooApril 27, 2014
I have enjoyed working with the company but I feel it is time to expand my knowledge in this field or a related position.
QA Analyst
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 23, 2014
April 2010 to Present
• Managing overall test execution of the claims automation system belonging to the group benefit solutions division of Manulife financial.
• Working closely with the business system analyst.
• Managing testing with team of 4 testers at offshore including the overall responsibility for test execution, tracking, completion of testing – more... within time and as per plan and preparing weekly status report to project manager.
• Conducts defect meetings to follow up on the outstanding defects with attendance from the BAs/testers, developers and project manager.
• Organized testing based on Risk Based Approach in Quality Center and created Test Scripts based on Test Scenarios in Quality Centre
• Improved the testing process by introducing and with hands on experiencing with testing automation tools.
• Involved in the development of Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test data and Test scripts according to Requirements, Wire frames and Use Case documents
• COBOL, DB2, JCL, HP Quality Centre 10, HP Quick Test Professional 11, , SQL, SQL Server, Java, WebSphere Application Server, TCP/IP, XML, IE, Firefox, Windows XP, 2000, 7 – less
Stable and large growth company
PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 21, 2014
There are many departments, many with young and passionate people along with tenured and open minded individuals. The company creates opportunities for those willing to work for it, to succeed. It is also very focused on the shareholder, while also seeking solutions that meet the needs of its clients.
Typical Day
CUSTOMER SERVICE PENSION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 15, 2014
Fast paced, high pressure, have to be organised and prepared to jump quickly from task to task
Great salary and benefits
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 14, 2014
I was there through an agency on a temporary contract in a department that was becoming obsolete and therefore I knew well in advance that it was only a temporary, contract position. The job was very repetitive, sitting all day in front of a computer, however, it was a nice work environment and I was paid well, treated well.
Great place to work for with advancement
Group Benefits Customer Service (Former Employee), waterloo, ontarioMarch 19, 2014
Just a temporary placement. it was an ok place to work for. I would work for them again if I had the chance.
Great ORIGINAL Co-workers
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: long hours if you don't want to go home
Cons: long hours if you want to go home
Loyalty to the company (aka old elephants) in no longer an asset, Honest opinion is not the best policy, pro-active gets you in trouble, Some Street management style is "my way or the highway" States. Outsourcing is bad, since if projects fails, the resident employee is held accountable and not the outsource company. Extreme changes in technology, either – more... technology upgrades is waited till the last minute, or biting more than can be chewed on newer ones. – less
The team I worked with was the best!
Underwriting Case Coordinator/Issue (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2014
Cons: very far to travel to work every day..
Loved my job and all the people that I worked with!! It was a very productive and fun workplace...
at times extreme pressure and tight deadlines.
Unique role with interesting learning opportunities
Analyst (Asset Liability Management, Strategy) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2014
- Helped to faciliate the ALM teams strategy goals
- Managed an Excel model for investment demand
- Management was very helpful and provided great advice
- Co-workers were friendly
- Hardest part: first time working in the insurance industry, lots of new terminology and concepts
- Most enjoyable part: was given a lot of reponsibility with one major – more... project – less
Great company
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 5, 2014
Great culture, excellent opportunities for advancement.
great management that focuses on bettering thier employees
Disability Claims Case Manager (Former Employee), Toronto ontarioMarch 2, 2014
Pros: great management, good people and strong focus on work life balance
Cons: seniority structure for promotions.
for the two years that with worked with Manulife, I was supported in my career as well as my educational aspirations. They provided me with ample coaching to perform the job I was hired to do and was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had working

1 2 3 4 5

About Manulife Financial

Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. – Read more

Manulife Financial Photos