Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Great Place to work overall....
Good benefits, employee retention, and Work life balance makes it an awesome company to work with.
My overall working experience at Manulife was very good.
Analyst, Administration, Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 31, 2016
- Analyzed and made recommendations on the quality of operational transactions. Managed controls on Anti-Money Laundering (AML). Monitor Retail Markets;
- Administrative Systems, Coaching, Microsoft Office Suite, Data Entry, Documentation, Workflow Planning, Time Management, Controls;
- Worked with a wonderful group of colleagues, including my Manager
- Quarter-end required the most out of me but always submitted control and quality results to Management on time;
- I enjoyed my work; and, the Team I worked with and the work ethic surroundings, enhanced my enjoyment.
Great environment to work in and career growth opportunities
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
As a Retention Team Lead some of my duties included coaching and monitoring staff to preform there best at daily duties, training new employees and reporting. Over my time in this position I learned a great deal such as budgeting, forecasting, reporting and how to motivate a team to exceed targets. My team and co workers were always a pleasure to work with and also motivated me to do my best as they believed in me and my ability to lead my team to successes. Although not everyday was easy at the other some days were challenging with deadlines and service levels to hit. What made those days a bit easier to pass was the great team of employees I had working for me, as they showed me over the last year that my hard work paid off as we exceeded targets.
Great internship with a great company
Legal Counsel, Institutional Law and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 23, 2016
I worked as an intern at DT Group and was privileged to obtain experience implementing a legal, risk and compliance Product Integrity Strategy throughout all four Nordic countries.
productive
New Business coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2016
learned a lot about the insurance business while working at Manulife. It is a decent place to work. the location is not the best, but I can still drive to work .
Life and Health Insurance
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2016
Solid organization
typical day at work - long hours
solid managemen skills learnt
co-workers are good people to work with
hardest part of the job is the long hours
the most enjoyable are the people that I worked with
good company with nice benefits
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 22, 2016
good company with nice benefits, hard to go up and poor internal culture. If you wanna learn more from the job this is not a good choice.
Professional Work Environment
IT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
AS with many large companies Manulife is currently outsourcing much of their work. This presented many challenges but was well managed by staff and management.
Excellent corporate culture and values
Software tester (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 20, 2016
- Excellent corporate culture and values.
- I am a well respected employee, where my skills and opinions are valued by senior management.
- The company's values perfectly align with my own, where the customer is at the center of all that we do.
- They provide the facilities needed to get the job done - so nothing could be really classified as difficult.
- I fully support the day to day operations, enjoyed how management allowed autonomy in the workplace and encouraged employees to find efficiencies within their roles.
Pros
Godd customer experience
Cons
Archaic thinking
Micromanaged and Difficult to advance career
Short Term Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 13, 2016
I had worked with Manulife for a number of years and although I was constantly pursuing career advancements and taking courses to do so, it was near impossible. The company itself hires non-employees before they take internal applications because of salary expectations. In addition, salary levels were difficult to advance even with a new role due to ranges and lateral moves. Otherwise, I met some great people, they had a wonderful work-life balance and cafeteria was good.
Pros
Good cafeteria, nice people, good benefits
Cons
Non competative salaries, unsupported by HR, minimal promotional opportunities
Fun workplace
FINANCIAL REPORTING ANALYST(Contract) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 12, 2016
I like working at Manulife, I like the flexible hours, working from home,nice working environment, good culture, always update employees with new projects
Pros
Flexible
Cons
some time work load is too much
Manulife takes good care of its people. Employee contributions are recognized and rewarded accordingly.
Head of Corporate Solutions, Agency Channel (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 4, 2016
Manulife is a good place to build your career. The company values its employees as much as they value their customers. With its dynamic people, professional culture and word-class customer service, employees feel proud that they are part of this well known company.
It was a great experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
It was a great experience. I was very lucky to work there, its a great place to work. I wish them all the future success. The hours are great, it is very professional, and its a supportive environment.
Changed in management
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
The work environment changed from extremely well to extremely tense after the integration. A manager is very important. The new manager does not trust our work, and was micro managing caused everyone to be on their edge.
Pros
Work hour
Cons
unfair manager
Good company
Securities Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloor, Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
Busy day everyday
Cash movements and stock reconciliation
Good management
Helpful and good working environment
Volume of work
Attending the company's special events
Pros
Enjoyable environment, nice working place especially the garden
Cons
Productive workplace with a vibrant atmosphere
Actuarial Co-op Student, Canadian Division VST (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that a lot of my fellow coworkers were fairly young (early-mid 20s) which created a very supportive culture. At times, I felt that the work I was given could be a bit more challenging though.
Challenging work and great people
SALES SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONMay 2, 2016
I very much enjoyed getting to know all of the financial advisors on my team and supporting them in all of their administrative needs.
I loved being a part of a growing team and having input on processes and procedures. And although the work could be repetitive and tedious at times the people I worked with made it worthwhile.
Pros
Office Location, Excellent Cafeteria
Cons
Working from Home Flexibility
Excellent
Senior Business and IT Project manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Great company to work. Excellent training and growth prospects.

Co workers very supportive

Too many management changes
Pros
Co workers very supportive
Cons
Too many management changes
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 19, 2016
The option that you can work from home is great, If you dont mind being on the phones all day everyday, then its a great place to work
Interactive Summer Student Position
Disability Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 9, 2016
This was a great summer student position that allowed me to learn crucial information about the medical and disability fields. I worked hand in hand with the medical team to oversee long term disability cases as well as work on different projects that enhanced my computer and administrative skills.

The management levels are well organized and try to incorporate every employees best skills.