Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Productive, Lots of Lerning and very fast paced environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 March 2017
Usually I found, Days at work at Manulife been very busy, active and lots of learning. typical day at work with lots of issues with system and report does give you challenging environment to achieve the daily deadlines but at the same time it turns out be an opportunity to learn and grow and deal with achieving daily deadlines under stress, how to deal pressure, how to accurately meet management expectation and how to improve process and documents the flow to deal the similar situation in future.
Pros
Good benefits, workign from home option
Cons
Lot of over time, high turn over
Serious, but friendly.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
Very typical office environment for a company of its size. Tall management structure, with large teams at the bottom. Metrics are used to determine efficiency at all levels from middle management down.

Company culture was not maintained organizationally, but individually -- modern, open-concept office allowed teammates to be social, and feel included with he rest of the team.
good place to work
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
good place to work, great colleagues, good work life balance. corporate culture but good benefits. experience depends on the group you work with.
Mediocre management and company culture
Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2016
Management tends to hide mistakes by lying. A company culture based on the blaming of others...Great quote from a VP at this company when he had to downsize 40% of his department. "this will make my job easier..."
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management
Micromanaged and Difficult to advance career
Short Term Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 June 2016
I had worked with Manulife for a number of years and although I was constantly pursuing career advancements and taking courses to do so, it was near impossible. The company itself hires non-employees before they take internal applications because of salary expectations. In addition, salary levels were difficult to advance even with a new role due to ranges and lateral moves. Otherwise, I met some great people, they had a wonderful work-life balance and cafeteria was good.
Pros
Good cafeteria, nice people, good benefits
Cons
Non competative salaries, unsupported by HR, minimal promotional opportunities
Manulife Financial was an excellent place to work in.
Travel Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
The people were friendly to work with and the variety of work welcomed.

I worked daily with AWD queues. I would check my work entered in the queue by the Supervisor and work in date order.

I learned how to work with an AWD queue and about the travel claim industry. I highly recommend obtaining travel insurance for every trip taken.

Management was friendly and caring.

The hardest part of the job was not having any phone work as I worked mainly from the AWD queue.

However, it was very interesting to learn a new aspect of office work being the AWD system.
Pros
Independence, regular meetings
Cons
Having no access to phone work with customers.
Excellent
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
The culture of this is great and everyone I worked with was productive. Lot of support to do work as well to improve in career.
Learned new skills and produces more work than expected.
New Culture is losing Core Manulife Values
Investment Finance and Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
Manulife culture used to reflect my own personal values: professionalism, pride, customer focus, employee appreciation, a togetherness bond. It is no longer the same with new leadership because everyone is coming from different direction and NEW so it is lost in translation.
Pros
Stable LifeCo. Foundations are there. Engine intact.
Cons
Very political. Cut throat mentality. Leaders can't be trusted. Two faced.
Huge Organization with lot of good, hardworking and intellectual people working in it.
Project Lead /Senior (IT) Project Control Officer (Current Employee) –  toront11 December 2016
1. Starts a day with meetings and ends up with meetings. Lots of interaction with Business folks and the Project team.
2. Learned lots from this organization; PM skills, Insurance business 101.
3. Very helpful and motivating co - workers.
4. Talking to the senior management the progress of the project as it brought more in-depth knowledge about the insurance industry
Excellent corporate culture and values
Software tester (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 June 2016
- Excellent corporate culture and values.
- I am a well respected employee, where my skills and opinions are valued by senior management.
- The company's values perfectly align with my own, where the customer is at the center of all that we do.
- They provide the facilities needed to get the job done - so nothing could be really classified as difficult.
- I fully support the day to day operations, enjoyed how management allowed autonomy in the workplace and encouraged employees to find efficiencies within their roles.
Pros
Godd customer experience
Cons
Archaic thinking
Productive, Supportive environment and awesome workplace
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Its been a great experience at Manulife with an awesome team and management. Helps build your technical skills and provides with the opportunity to learn and enhance your skills.
My overall working experience at Manulife was very good.
Analyst, Administration, Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 August 2016
- Analyzed and made recommendations on the quality of operational transactions. Managed controls on Anti-Money Laundering (AML). Monitor Retail Markets;
- Administrative Systems, Coaching, Microsoft Office Suite, Data Entry, Documentation, Workflow Planning, Time Management, Controls;
- Worked with a wonderful group of colleagues, including my Manager
- Quarter-end required the most out of me but always submitted control and quality results to Management on time;
- I enjoyed my work; and, the Team I worked with and the work ethic surroundings, enhanced my enjoyment.
Many departments to move around to gain lots of experience
Administrative Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2016
Great place to work with lots of opportunity for hard working people. Management truly values individual contributions and the rewards are based upon individual contributions and successes. The more you achieve, the better the rewards.
Pros
Great loaction
Cons
There are no cons
Great Place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
Great Place to work overall....
Good benefits, employee retention, and Work life balance makes it an awesome company to work with.
Good Environment and people
Sr QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  2550 Victoria Park Ave, North York, ON M2J 5A99 January 2017
This job gave me knowledge which helped me a lot in my next job. The management and co-workers were great. The hard part was i didn't knew much about mortgage at that time and that was tough for me but after learning it it's so easy.
Pros
lunch and learn
Cons
Not really
A good place to work but no room for advancement
Property Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
Great people to work with. Lack of proper trainings from HO. I've learned a lot from working here but the job does not compensate well. Management is all new so they're still trying to figure things out.
Good Company to work for.
Group Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Team Player.
Friendly environment
Workplace safety is administered
Learned a lot about the Insurance industry like benefits, policies.
Co workers are always willing to help out each other with deadlines to meet.
supportive atmosphere
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 March 2017
strong international opportunity
riske management
cross training
work from home available
Time out team tries to make the workplace fun
open door policy with management
There is no typical day
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2016
There is no typical day as an EA, you must always be ready to respond to the needs and wants of your team. You must also be able to anticipate what is coming down the pipeline in order to head off problems before they become problems.
Pros
good work life balence
Productive and stable work environment
Inside Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2016
Great work environment with a lot of learning opportunities in the investment world. Unfortunately limited possibility of growth and carrier advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

92%