Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Productive, Lots of Lerning and very fast paced environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 March 2017
Usually I found, Days at work at Manulife been very busy, active and lots of learning. typical day at work with lots of issues with system and report does give you challenging environment to achieve the daily deadlines but at the same time it turns out be an opportunity to learn and grow and deal with achieving daily deadlines under stress, how to deal pressure, how to accurately meet management expectation and how to improve process and documents the flow to deal the similar situation in future.
Pros
Good benefits, workign from home option
Cons
Lot of over time, high turn over
Serious, but friendly.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
Very typical office environment for a company of its size. Tall management structure, with large teams at the bottom. Metrics are used to determine efficiency at all levels from middle management down.

Company culture was not maintained organizationally, but individually -- modern, open-concept office allowed teammates to be social, and feel included with he rest of the team.
Manulife Financial was an excellent place to work in.
Travel Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
The people were friendly to work with and the variety of work welcomed.

I worked daily with AWD queues. I would check my work entered in the queue by the Supervisor and work in date order.

I learned how to work with an AWD queue and about the travel claim industry. I highly recommend obtaining travel insurance for every trip taken.

Management was friendly and caring.

The hardest part of the job was not having any phone work as I worked mainly from the AWD queue.

However, it was very interesting to learn a new aspect of office work being the AWD system.
Pros
Independence, regular meetings
Cons
Having no access to phone work with customers.
Flexibilty
Senior Compensation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
Manulife is a great place to work. I enjoy that they allow and trust their staff to work remotely. This allows for great life balance. I have more time to do the things I want, instead of spending additional hours on the road into the office.

Manulife is well known in the community and the volunteer opportunities are endless.

The people at Manulife are mostly friendly and social. Even though we work remotely, we still speak to each other on the phone or through Skye each day.
Pros
Work Remotely
Cons
Dated Systems
A Mixed Bag
Brand Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  500 King16 December 2016
Manulife is what you make of it.

If you are the type to show up and shrivel behind your monitor, you will not have a good time at Manulife, because nobody is going to force you out of that.

The people are all so wonderful and so helpful, there are social events happening all the time, there are so many great causes for you to get involved in and flex time is amazing.

So it can either be a place where you thrive and expand your realm of experiences or it can be the place where you sit in a grey box and work all day.

It's totally up to you.
Huge Organization with lot of good, hardworking and intellectual people working in it.
Project Lead /Senior (IT) Project Control Officer (Current Employee) –  toront11 December 2016
1. Starts a day with meetings and ends up with meetings. Lots of interaction with Business folks and the Project team.
2. Learned lots from this organization; PM skills, Insurance business 101.
3. Very helpful and motivating co - workers.
4. Talking to the senior management the progress of the project as it brought more in-depth knowledge about the insurance industry
New Culture is losing Core Manulife Values
Investment Finance and Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
Manulife culture used to reflect my own personal values: professionalism, pride, customer focus, employee appreciation, a togetherness bond. It is no longer the same with new leadership because everyone is coming from different direction and NEW so it is lost in translation.
Pros
Stable LifeCo. Foundations are there. Engine intact.
Cons
Very political. Cut throat mentality. Leaders can't be trusted. Two faced.
Many departments to move around to gain lots of experience
Administrative Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2016
Great place to work with lots of opportunity for hard working people. Management truly values individual contributions and the rewards are based upon individual contributions and successes. The more you achieve, the better the rewards.
Pros
Great loaction
Cons
There are no cons
Forward thinking and customer oriented work place with bright minded employees.
Quality Analyst Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 December 2016
The flexibility of work time is a very positive pros about Manulife.
I have learned to always put our customers first in whatever decision we plan to make, as they are the core of our business.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Good Environment and people
Sr QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  2550 Victoria Park Ave, North York, ON M2J 5A99 January 2017
This job gave me knowledge which helped me a lot in my next job. The management and co-workers were great. The hard part was i didn't knew much about mortgage at that time and that was tough for me but after learning it it's so easy.
Pros
lunch and learn
Cons
Not really
A fun place to work with room to move forward in your career.
Imaging Services and Return Canada Post (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 December 2016
I have worked at manulife a couple times over the years in various departments and have always had a good work experience. Managers and friendly and very helpful with any additional assistance I required.
Very nice place to work..I enjoyed working there..
Cash Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 January 2017
I enjoyed working at MANULIFE and the people I worked with..it was a very comfortable atmosphere.
Our department was being deleted from Halifax and that is the only reason why I am not still working there..
There is no typical day
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2016
There is no typical day as an EA, you must always be ready to respond to the needs and wants of your team. You must also be able to anticipate what is coming down the pipeline in order to head off problems before they become problems.
Pros
good work life balence
Productive, Supportive environment and awesome workplace
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Its been a great experience at Manulife with an awesome team and management. Helps build your technical skills and provides with the opportunity to learn and enhance your skills.
Summer Internship
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
Working at Manulife was a great experience! I learned a lot and made meaningful connections. Even though it was a two and a half month intership the growth that I had achieved was extordinary. An opportunity I wont forget!
Good Company to work for.
Group Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Team Player.
Friendly environment
Workplace safety is administered
Learned a lot about the Insurance industry like benefits, policies.
Co workers are always willing to help out each other with deadlines to meet.
My overall working experience at Manulife was very good.
Analyst, Administration, Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 August 2016
- Analyzed and made recommendations on the quality of operational transactions. Managed controls on Anti-Money Laundering (AML). Monitor Retail Markets;
- Administrative Systems, Coaching, Microsoft Office Suite, Data Entry, Documentation, Workflow Planning, Time Management, Controls;
- Worked with a wonderful group of colleagues, including my Manager
- Quarter-end required the most out of me but always submitted control and quality results to Management on time;
- I enjoyed my work; and, the Team I worked with and the work ethic surroundings, enhanced my enjoyment.
Great environment to work in and career growth opportunities
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
As a Retention Team Lead some of my duties included coaching and monitoring staff to preform there best at daily duties, training new employees and reporting. Over my time in this position I learned a great deal such as budgeting, forecasting, reporting and how to motivate a team to exceed targets. My team and co workers were always a pleasure to work with and also motivated me to do my best as they believed in me and my ability to lead my team to successes. Although not everyday was easy at the other some days were challenging with deadlines and service levels to hit. What made those days a bit easier to pass was the great team of employees I had working for me, as they showed me over the last year that my hard work paid off as we exceeded targets.
Hard to maintain work life balance
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
Fast paced, which is great!
Difficulty in getting solid direction
Due to worldwide locations we are often working odd hours in order to accommodate the time zones
Always on call
Mediocre management and company culture
Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2016
Management tends to hide mistakes by lying. A company culture based on the blaming of others...Great quote from a VP at this company when he had to downsize 40% of his department. "this will make my job easier..."
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management