Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent
Senior Business and IT Project manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: Co workers very supportive
Cons: Too many management changes
Great company to work. Excellent training and growth prospects.

Co workers very supportive

Too many management changes
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 19, 2016
The option that you can work from home is great, If you dont mind being on the phones all day everyday, then its a great place to work
Interactive Summer Student Position
Disability Administrator (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 9, 2016
This was a great summer student position that allowed me to learn crucial information about the medical and disability fields. I worked hand in hand with the medical team to oversee long term disability cases as well as work on different projects that enhanced my computer and administrative skills.

The management levels are well organized and try to incorporate every employees best skills.
Professional work place
System Administrator (Former Employee), 250 Bloor street EastApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Manulife Financial. I learned a lot about Risk Management and Disaster Recovery. My co-workers were always very professional.
A good all rounded organization to work for
Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
Pros: Nice Cafeteria
Cons: Nothing
The morning is easy going in the initial stages then it picks up quickly and the remaining day is engaging

I learned the nitty-gritty aspects of insurance

Cool Management

They provide the facilities needed to get the job done - so nothing could be really classified as difficult

Friendly Atmosphere
great people
Senior Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 31, 2016
Manulife treats employees with respect and compassion. During my 1.5 year contract with Manulife I was treated like a permanent employee. The work/life balance was excellent as well as the people were great to work with and for. To me Manulife is all about the people.
Great working environment
Compliance Admin (Former Employee), 200 Bloor Street EastMarch 21, 2016
An excellent place to work at. Full of talent and highly responsible and accommodating colleagues with a lot of scope of learning new things.
Cares about its employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Cares about its employees, limited growth opportunities however. Corporate culture is good with frequent and in-depth updates on company health, communication is excellent.
Demanding and Rewarding job role
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Continuous training
Cons: Difficult customers
Learned important information regarding procedures related to life insurance and investments. High volume call center with rewarding tasks. Developed excellent organizational and customer service skills.
Flexible company but slow to change
Director (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 12, 2016
Pros: work life balance, diverse job opportunities
Cons: difficult to move up, company slow to change
With the work smart program there is a lot of flexibility to work from home if your role can allow for it. People are generally nice and friendly. Opportunities are there since it is such a large company. Can move within departments and divisions and get a very broad learning experience.

Being a very traditional company, there is not a lot of knowledge on how to adopt new technology and frameworks. There is a lot of indecisiveness about which direction to go and multiple levels of approvals are required to take even one small step forward. They want to change this, but who knows how long it will take.
Manulife
Insurance Claim Adjudicator (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Flexibility, Salary, Management
Cons: Politics
Great place to work, relaxed yet professional environment, wonderful people, fair pay, very flexible scheduling, wonderful benefits.
I learned a lot about Insurance, Medical Terminology.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work from home during bad weather, and the ability to self manage, very independent position.
Flexible and location in Toronto was great
Business Analyst/System Specialist/Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Unfortunately my job moved to Waterloo and commuting was not an option for me.

I enjoyed the job I held and the people I worked with. I had a good variety of things to do and was kept busy.
Excellent culture and fun place to work
BI Architect & Sr. Data Modeler Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
As a consultant, I was treated with great respect and the working level team within the company was fantastic. Everyone was extremely helpful and committed to the project we were working on.
I would encourage anyone to work for Manulife
Business Analyst - Life New Business Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Manulife is an excellent company to work for. They have a balanced work to life program in place that includes work from home options. They are very fair and competitive within the market with concerns to both salary and benefits.
Strong and competitive in group pensions industry
Director Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Benefits and compensation
Cons: Very competitive at higher management levels
Strong focus on detail and accuracy.
Good career advancement opportunities.
Strong in leadership training.
Strong international footprint.
Strong corporate values and very active in the community.
I am a dynamic and results oriented professional with a successful track record. I have consistently met and exceeded project timelines
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Typical day at work is managing project
I learned that its vital to gather requirements early in the project
Management is excellent
My co-workers are excellent
Hardest part of the job is saying no
Great compnay to work for
Sr. Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioJanuary 28, 2016
a very welcoming environment.
good company to work for
enjoyed working there
looking forward to return
good management
Manulife Financial
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST & TEAM LEAD (INSURANCE) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Manulife Financial has been wonderful experience. I have been there for 8 years. I have had been promoted to the Business Analyst position.
Great company to work at
Application Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
This is my first full time job after graduating from university, management is great. Environment is friendly and company does many things to make their employee feel appreciated.
An organization not really changing itself
Director (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
Long hours and often senior management is not effectively communicating with their staff and / or amongst themselves. A lot of money and effort spent to be able to say there is culture change, but its mostly to meet board level governance requirements. Too many AVPs and VPs that care more about rising thru the ranks than doing the right work and working with their teams to get better results.
Headquarters