Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I would encourage anyone to work for Manulife
Business Analyst - Life New Business Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Manulife is an excellent company to work for. They have a balanced work to life program in place that includes work from home options. They are very fair and competitive within the market with concerns to both salary and benefits.
Strong and competitive in group pensions industry
Director Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Benefits and compensation
Cons: Very competitive at higher management levels
Strong focus on detail and accuracy.
Good career advancement opportunities.
Strong in leadership training.
Strong international footprint.
Strong corporate values and very active in the community.
I am a dynamic and results oriented professional with a successful track record. I have consistently met and exceeded project timelines
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Typical day at work is managing project
I learned that its vital to gather requirements early in the project
Management is excellent
My co-workers are excellent
Hardest part of the job is saying no
Great compnay to work for
Sr. Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioJanuary 28, 2016
a very welcoming environment.
good company to work for
enjoyed working there
looking forward to return
good management
Manulife Financial
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST & TEAM LEAD (INSURANCE) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Manulife Financial has been wonderful experience. I have been there for 8 years. I have had been promoted to the Business Analyst position.
Great company to work at
Application Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
This is my first full time job after graduating from university, management is great. Environment is friendly and company does many things to make their employee feel appreciated.
An organization not really changing itself
Director (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
Long hours and often senior management is not effectively communicating with their staff and / or amongst themselves. A lot of money and effort spent to be able to say there is culture change, but its mostly to meet board level governance requirements. Too many AVPs and VPs that care more about rising thru the ranks than doing the right work and working with their teams to get better results.
Great working atmosphere with lots of flexibility
Case Manager for Absence Management (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Working from home
Cons: Difficult to advance
Working from home is a great advantage that manlike offers. Your work performance directly predicts your income and potential for advancement.
Excellent Company to work for
HR Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 3, 2015
I was a proud member of the Manulife Financial HR Operations team for many years. I fully support the day to day operations, enjoyed how management allowed autonomy in the workplace and encouraged employees to find efficiencies within their roles.

I would be pleased to work with Manulife again having only left due to departmental restructuring.
Excellent corporate culture and values
Director, Business Continuity Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
Excellent corporate culture and values: I am a well respected leader, where my skills and opinions are valued by senior management. The company's values perfectly align with my own, where the customer is at the center of all that we do.
Best time of my life
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Staff
Cons: Long Hours
I had the best time of my life here. The staff and management were simply AWESOME. There was so much state of the art, work to be done, that we could not get enough of it.
Huge Company with plenty of opportunities to grow
Administrative Assistant, Group Pensions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
Great company to work at, but sometimes it is just too huge to work at. Good company to work when you are starting out on your career. And plenty of opportunities.
A good place for work-life balance
Quantitative Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: not a place to study a lot
A good place to work. Co-workers are nice, not very busy and good job security. The company cares much about employees' work-life balance.
Very busy place to work. Always changing
Training and Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Management is supportive
Cons: co-works are very siloed thinking, lots of work - employees are maxed
Good work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Great company, long history and rewards hard work.
IPC Analyst IV, Institutional IS (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 15, 2015
Without depending on where you work within Manulife you will find a good cross section of people. The best part of working there is the team work and work ethic displayed from my co-workers. This led to an amazing relationship build. I was lucky enough to have some really great bosses and a few terrible ones.
hard working environment
Director, Global Program Office (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: archaic thinking
high level of demands on employees. good benefits. not well organized however autocratic management style. some management is very bright and articulate. ideas need to be more modern and forward thinking.
Enjoyable workplace.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: flexiabe hours
My daily tasks are routine however the volume can fluctuate at times. My colleagues and I work well together as a team and I also work well on my own. Each year new tasks are learned. Management is approachable which is a bonus because I find at some big company's it can be difficult.
Productive, Good training provided, goood teamplayers
Customer service Agent (Former Employee), MontrealSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: Godd customer experience
Cons: We cannot accelarate some proceedures which was not in my hands
Professional place to work with Internal/External clients, Advisors, other staff of Manulife from other locations.
DEvelopped good customer experience at Reception.
enjoyed working alongside colleagues.
Not satisfied salarywise-role was changed to a more challenging and stressful one but no salaryraise.
Productive, Hard working coworkers
Private Asset Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Rotation of new senior staffs
Senior staffs were very supportive. There were always room to grow and they supported my line of work. Not all about numbers but also personal growth and development. Dynamic of the office began to change as new staffs were relocating. Expectations became overwhelming.
High Stress Levels
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Poor management and high work volumes with unreasonable work allotment
I have worked with some really great people who always try and make the best of the situation, but the situation being a poor management structure, high levels of escalations and minimal efforts put into de-escalation processes outside of the front line call centre to take the heat.
Headquarters