Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 November 2017
Friendly team
One hour lunch
Good experience
Too many opportunities to advance in your career
Learning process
System in place
Ethics and rules are followed
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Good shift hrs
Manulife bought out Standlife (where I originally started). The change was very noticable.
Document Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2017
Job can be monotonous or overwhelming depending on the day. Few breaks or changes of pace. However, lots of job security and salary and benefits are very reasonable.
Enjoy working at Manulife
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 November 2017
Enjoy working at Manulife. People are great that I work with. Many opportunities in different departments. The work hours are reasonable and the benefits are good.
Very Process and Numbers Driven
Short-Term Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
It is somewhat difficult to advance within this company unless you know someone. If you encounter someone who does not wish for you to advance, they will make it impossible for you.

While the work from home and work life balance is great, the expectations placed on individuals is unattainable and can be a great cause of stress.
Fast paced work environment with a variety of work responsibilities
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Working at Manulife Financial was very rewarding. I was exposed to a new business area and learned many new skills. I worked for the Legal and Compliance Department first, where I was treated more as a paralegal than an administrative assistant. I was was being trained to support the lawyers directly as well as managing their office. For the VP of Compliance, I was eventually put in charge of several very important compliance activities.

As the Executive Assistant to the VP of Investor Relations, I was trusted with multiple important and exacting tasks ranging from budget preparation and reconciliation, organization of marketing trips and coordinating with other VPs for those trips, office tasks, the creation to presentation materials, etc.

The job was hard but rewarding and at times required long hours, but the outcome was worth it.
Average
Contract, Governance & Control (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
Pros
Great people, management, benefits, etc.. Compensation is fair and those who perform well are rewarded.
Cons
Culture is very different between teams and across divisions
Good job
Sales Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 October 2017
Enjoyed working for Manulife but the work itself was a little dry. There is lots of flexibility at the company which is great - you can work from home.
Work Life Balance
Snr Information Risk Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 October 2017
Work life balance in the truest sense of the term. Work from home options and flexibility. Great teamwork and work environment. Promotions of healthy lifestyle and social responsibility.
Pros
Work from home options
Cons
Work from home not suitable for all roles. Also this is at the manager's discretion.
Good Company
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 October 2017
Can do better to keep employees from switching companies. The Worksmart option seems to keep employees from finding better opportuntiies. It gives hiring manager an impression that employees dont like to commute to work or take on new challenges.
Professional and hardworking environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2017
Working at Manulife has been an amazing experience - I have learnt and developed my skills as well as I have met great colleges and professionals. It´s been an honour.
Decent amount of cash. No job security.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 October 2017
On a typical day at work, everyone is in his own cubicle busy taking calls and dealing with customers (mostly complaining).
You would sit at your desk, take call after call until its time for your 15 mins break or 30 mins lunch.
Pros
You get as many hours as you possibly want, You only deal with the customers over the phone, Learning many softwares that can be helpful in the next job opportunity.
Cons
No job security, No overtime payment or benefits if you are on contract and they can terminate your contract
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON21 September 2017
Fast paced and stressful, although you are usually rewarded for hard work. No job security as they are continually reorganizing. Work environment is good, but very cramped work areas.
Pros
work from home when needed
Cons
no job security
park nearby for walks
Administrative Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2017
|Highly stressful workplace. Not managed appropriately and staff run free with little to no supervision. Micro managed, and not a consistent workflow. Highly unorganized. Beautiful building and free parking. Benefit packages have been revised to suit the employees life style better. Love the work that I do, however could be a more successful department if more organized. The hardest part of my job is being expected to do more than others and having to carry the extra load that others are not willing to do.
Pros
work items
Cons
stressful and much pressure
Typical insurance company
Licensing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Typical corporate environment. We had a great team so it was fun to go to work. We had good systems to be able to get our work done properly. Overall, it was a good experience.
Excellent organization, collaborative environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Manulife is a wonderful organization. The environment is very collaborative and the culture is outstanding. They support work/life balance and encourage opportunity to work from home.
Average
CLAIMS ADJUSTER WEALTH MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 September 2017
Steady work with a variety of things to keep you busy. I learned enough about investment products which was interesting. My manager was kind, trusting and professional. The workplace culture was on the serious side. The hardest part of the job was knowing it was only a contract and the best part of the job was the location and hours.
nice workplace - opportunities to work from home
Bilingual Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
Great location in downtown Toronto. Nice workplace, well lit. Employees were given the opportunity to work from home when needed. Opportunity to job shadows employees from other departments.
Great work from home program - Able to balance work/home life a lot better.
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
At work 8am; on 1-800 line assisting agents meet the criteria for the state they were doing business in. State specific compliance work; excel work. hardest part of the job was taking phone calls while trying to process compliance work at the same time. I learned that I am great at multitasking and learn quickly. I enjoyed working with my colleagues to figure out difficult compliance issues.
Pros
work from home
Cons
when in the office it was a 3 hour commute per day
Great department
Imaging Technician III (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 September 2017
Dealing with outside clients internal clients as well. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance. you learn something new. Good working environment
Terrible management and company culture
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 August 2017
They encourage fabrications and lies to cover their tail. Zero organization, they can't even get basic sales reports to be accurate. Insurance applications gone missing. Finally pursued them legally just to get my commission that was owed.
Pros
Group benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife Financial. Our community is ready to answer.