Sr. Java Developer
North York, ON
This Sr. Java Developer opportunity is responsible for design, code, test and support of Java EE Based applications.
Client provides a great learning opportunity working with a wide variety of developers. As Sr. Developer you will be responsible on rotation basis of afterhours work should an emergency arise.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and develop e-commerce solutions using Java, J2EE, JSP/Servlet, Spring, Struts, XML, XSL, SQL, jQuery, DWR
and other web technologies.
- Drive innovation and new ideas throughout the delivery teams.
- Lead and mentor other developers in coding complex technical solutions.
- Analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high level technical design documents and technical
specifications. Communicate gaps in business and technical functionality and asses impact to timelines.
- Unit and system testing of application code, as well as execution of implementation activities.
- Analysis and identification of technical areas of improvement within existing web applications
- Work with other internal IT teams to complete project activates, such as infrastructure, architecture, operations, and
- Help research and recommend new tools and technology frameworks that can drive innovation and differentiation
of our web sites.
- Participate in technology forums and industry user groups
Qualifications and Assets:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 6 years’ experience in related
- Demonstrated in-depth experience with web application technologies, especially in the areas of writing high
performance, reliable and maintainable code. Core competencies in Java, Struts, JPA, SOAP/XML is required.
- Experience of using Eclipse/MyEclipse is required.
- Must have experience in object-oriented analysis, design and programming, tier components, (JDBC, Servlets, JMS,
JNDI etc. ), Java/JEE design patterns, SOAP and Web Services.
- Working experience with internationalization, localization and translation is a plus.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex
dependencies and requirements.
- Comprehensive SDLC experience including:
o Strong design skills - use of UML, patterns, OOA/OOD.
o Agile implementation principles and practices.
o User of version control management such as SVN, CVS.
o Testing through presentation tier with JUnit or other testing frameworks.
o Production environment deployment and maintenance.
o Knowledge of Maven is a Plus
- A self-starter with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in an unstructured, fast-paced environment.
- A team player with ability to work independently with minimum
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (TSMC), incorporated on February 21, 1987, is a foundry in the semiconductor industry. As...