Title: Network Engineer
Location: North York, Ontario
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Client is looking for a highly motivated full time Network Engineer in our Service Architecture & Engineering team.
Company is Canada’s largest privately-owned telecommunications service provider specializing in Voice over IP (VoIP) and Data Services, serving more than 1, 600 cities across Canada and the US, in both Retail and Wholesale markets. Client is a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization, leading the market in its service oriented approach to its customers and expanding its teams with like-minded individuals.
This Network Engineering opportunity is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of our IP network supporting both internal and external customers. Company provides a great learning opportunity working with a wide variety of system and network infrastructure services. It is expected that the Network Engineer has a strong level of knowledge and experience in Internet Service Provider IP backbone and continue the ongoing support, maintenance, and operations of our production infrastructure and clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards. Environment may consist of Cisco core and edge, Deep Packet Inspection equipment, Firewalls and Load Balancers.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Provide Level 3 Support to Network Operations Centre and work closely with other Network Engineers
- Ensure the 24/7 system/network uptime as part of a weekly On-Call rotation (1 week on, 5 weeks off).
- Work closely with the systems and network engineering teams on service delivery projects in functions including (but not limited to) system deployment, configuration, monitoring, and documentation.
- Work closely with commercial vendors escalating service related issues/questions.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Provide ongoing training/hand-off for alert handling procedures to Network Operations teams.
- Assist in the provisioning of complex services for Wholesale/Business clients.
- Responsible for providing root cause analysis for all network-wide events that affect service uptime.
- Responsible for escalating design level related issues with encouraged solutions to lead architects teams to better the overall delivery of services to customers.
- Optimize network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
Qualifications and Assets:
- 10+ years’ experience working with Cisco products in an enterprise scale or service provider environment. Such equipment should include but not limited to: Cisco 65xx, 45xx, 35xx, 29xx, Nexus 3K series switches, Cisco ASR9K, ASR1K, 72xx series routers.
- 5+ years’ experience in Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR, and NX-OS.
- 5+ years’ experience working in multisite locations.
- 5+ years’ experience working with Network Monitoring system, Solarwinds Orion an Asset
- 5+ years’ experience working with Firewall solutions also encompassing VPN tunnels.
- Expert knowledge of diagnosing network related issues.
- Advanced Knowledge of network tools such as Wireshark/Tshark and Netflow.
- Experience working with Load Balancers and Virtual environments and their relevance to proper network configuration. Trunk bonding etc.
- Skilled in documentation and architectural diagrams.
- Expert knowledge in dynamic and static routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, VRFs, PBB, MPLS, etc.
- Expert of TCP/IP and the OSI model, as well as WAN and LAN technologies and their role in network deployment (MLS, QoS, VLAN, STP, LACP, VRRP, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, ANYCAST, DPI, DSL, Cable, etc.)..
- Working experience with optical equipment and lighting dark fibre.
- Experienced working with RHEL/CentOS and asset
- Understanding the networking requirements as they pertain to VoIP/Video and general Internet users.
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment and provide significant contributions both individually and as part of a greater team.
- Able to learn and adapt to new services, systems, and technologies in an ever growing technical infrastructure.
- CCIE, CCNP Cisco Routing & Switching and/or Data Centre networking Certifications Preferred.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (TSMC), incorporated on February 21, 1987, is a foundry in the semiconductor industry. As...