Coast Industrial Services is proud to be a Canadian company with our main office in Edmonton, AB. Our experienced team places candidates from Coast to Coast in Canada and Globally!
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Estimator for our client in the construction home building industry.
Reporting to the Estimating manager the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and maintaining accurate job costs of new homes (before and during construction), purchasing system maintenance, development of standardized processes and procedures in accordance with company policies and procedures. This position is a permanent position located in Edmonton, Alberta the successful candidate must be willing to relocate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain job files – Processing new contracts, developing budgets, updating trades lists, creating purchase orders
- Prepare, update and maintain job specifications
- Coordinate with construction and sales departments
- Complete project costs and track all final costs
- Preparing job budgets
- Provide feedback to management
- Research new products or suppliers
- Improve quality, cost effectiveness and sustainability
- Reduce waste and inefficiencies in work flow and practices
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 5+ year’s knowledge of new home construction
- Ability to read blueprints
- Strong mathematical skills
- Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Team player
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an Estimator
- Construction Engineering Technology Diploma is preferred but not an asset
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Project is an asset
- Experience in residential construction (Single and/or multi-family) projects
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our client is rapidly growing and looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to add to their Edmonton team. They...