Our client is a rapidly growing and profitable mid-size manufacturing company in the GTA. The organization employs approximately 250 people, is privately owned and well-financed, and has an enviable reputation for quality products. The company currently distributes across North America. With a strong focus on safety and quality, and a strong commitment to the people it employs, our client company is poised to double in size over the next few years.
As a result of company growth, an opportunity currently exists for an experienced Director, Information Technology to join the organization. The role will be located in the north-east GTA.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director will lead a small team of direct reports, and will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the company’s technology infrastructure, including technology planning and budgeting, user support, software and hardware licensing, and technology provisioning, and security. This position will direct the technology strategy of the organization, and will work closely with the executive team to ensure that the IT function supports the strategic goals of the business. There will be a focus on upgrading technologies to support the company’s continued growth.
- Establishes the Information Technology strategy for the organization, together with the appropriate metrics and KPIs necessary to ensure the function is delivered on budget and to a high quality standard.
- Works effectively across the organization to ensure that the Information Technology function is aligned with business priorities.
- Directs the operations of the company’s network, databases, telephony and equipment – ensuring that the function is delivered efficiently and cost-effectively, while maintaining a high degree of reliability.
- Directs the conversion and implementation of the company’s ERP system to Dynamics NAV (prev. Microsoft Navision).
- Manages, plans and directs all IT projects and operational activities of the department.
- Manages and negotiates vendor and outside service provider relationships to ensure collaboration and cost effectiveness. Maintains currency with emerging trends in products, services, and standards in support of procurement efforts.
- Manages the department budget
- Leads, directs, and develops a team of Information Technology professionals to deliver upon the IT strategy as well as upon corporate objectives.
- Provides regular reports to the leadership team to help them make business decisions. Manages the modification and development of system-generated reporting.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in Information Technology roles with strong project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science or equivalent experience.
- Possesses MCSE and SQL Server certifications (an absolute requirement). Additional Microsoft certifications would be an asset.
- Experienced people manager, with the ability to develop and direct a high performing team.
- Industry experience within manufacturing or related industries.
- Has experience converting and implementing Microsoft software (Dynamics NAV/Navision, Great Plains, or other ERP solutions).
- Has solid experience with SQL Server, Windows 2003 – 2008, MS Exchange 2003 & 2007, VPN technology, Firewalls, Hybrid IP phone systems.
- Experienced in computer programming.
- Good written and verbal communications skills; presents effectively to senior leaders and develops concise, well-considered reports.
- Proven ability to collaborate with all functions across the enterprise, to understand the needs of key stakeholders, and to ensure that IT serves the needs of the business.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced, high growth environment – highly entrepreneurial and resourceful.
- Has a strong sense of urgency and the drive to deliver in a timely, responsive manner.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines and ability to set priorities.
- Able to travel within Canada and the USA as required.
Indeed - 2 years ago