Manpower Employee Reviews

Professional and caring staff !
Customer Care Front Desk Intake / Web Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 29, 2015
Professional and caring staff ! Reputable employment agency that for the most part keeps you in the work force. When doing a job search it's great to know you are not alone and that there is someone else looking for the right role alongside me as well.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Temporary
Productive and fun place to work at
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2015
After the flood in Calgary, we were sent to different places to recover the company damaged from the situation.
Great team, great safety.
Recruitment
Professional Generalist Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
It is a Fortune 500 company that is Global. It has great benefits and incentives for the right person. It is busy and you can be productive. You can achieve your goal if you focus on your placements and you can be successful.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
great branch manager
Enjoyed to fast pace
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 9, 2012
• Account management - responsible for numerous Corporate Accounts as primary contact.
• Conduct and administer full life-cycle recruitment process for the purpose of temporary, temp to perm, and permanent employment options.
• Coaching and assisting with Employee Development.
• Monitored and adhered to ISO 9002 standards, regulations and audits.
Interesting and rewarding
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, UKMarch 5, 2013
I was trained in areas of recruitment, including the administrative side of HR and supporting customers with career choices.

● Extensive training in various computer software and customer service.
● Front of house contact for clients and customers entering the building.
● Organised publicity and marketing events with senior members of staff.
Pros
learnt alot
Cons
low pay
its fun and love being a room attendant
Room Attendant/ Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  saipan CNMIAugust 22, 2013
big hotels with spa and gym and more recreation that u can do..
busy during peak season guests are in and out. hardest part of d job is when guest are unexpected to come in. but the best thing bout being a room attendant is that u meet a lot of people from different part of the world.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long hours of travel
Worst Agency around (Alberta franchise)
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABApril 3, 2014
Horrendous management, their "Oil&Gas" division is a complete JOKE. Starting from the CEO to mid level management this place is so disorganized and will never be taken seriously due to the incompetent management team that does not know how to lead a group.
Cons
everything
A safe, excellent, and enjoyable workplace
General Assembler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2014
I have learned many things like Behavior Based Safety i.e BBS and use to help people when they need any help regarding about safety.
we have also thought Near Miss i.e if u see some things r fallen down n nobody sees we have to pick it up if u saw right away so that no body is injured . i had learnt packaging how to do how much quantity goes in shipper sometimes with our co-workers we learnt some new things from them what r things we r packaging n where it is shipping how many days it will take to reach to that countries. and we have lots of fun during the job too.
I like the workplace and the people around are all nice
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bay Street, TorontoNovember 16, 2012
We ususally receive calls from existing clients to follow up their account balance and to do more transactions we have to assist them since most of the account we handle are all business accounts. What I really learned from this job, since everything should kept confidential you need a double care especially the fax numbers you are sending out. Clients have differenet personalities so I learned to get along with clients to manage their differences even just talking over the phone you should know how to manage their needs in order to satisfy them. My co-workers are very helpful, they try their best to help you, and they consider the team as one family. I really enjoyed this job you just know how to discipline yourself on how to be positive despite of difficulties you get from customers.
Office Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara regionOctober 21, 2014
Was sent on jobs that were not appropriate for my skills. I was sent to factories and industrial settings when my background was clearly in an office setting. Was sent to work with the worst employers in the area with terrible labour relations backgrounds. The last employer I had with Manpower did it for me. I received very little training and was unsupported. I obtained employment elsewhere. This employment agency is not suited to white collar workers!!
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
minimal work at minimal pay
Nonsense due to NAFTA
Hydro Line Tree Trimming Helper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 22, 2013
A sub-contract of a sub-contract of a sub-contract etc., with American, Ontario and Quebec companies involved. Because of the various borders, there were too many loopholes that allowed many involved to too conveniently overlook substance abuse issues which compromised the safety of the work sites. Also, billing methods were manipulated, with work schedule regulations requiring certain amounts of time off for a given period being flaunted, etc. The pay was only interesting because after a 44-hour week the rate was time-and-a-half (I averaged 53 hours per week). A textbook example of everybody looking the other way because that's just the way it's done.
Pros
enjoyable work mostly.
Cons
no accoutability with regards to any rules.
Great workplace, however mostly temporary positions
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2013
I worked eight hour days starting early in the morning. I would record attendance, get signatures for completed work to fax to the head office.

I learned that work orders that were more detailed were easier to get signatures for and those that were vague often were questioned and needed to be resubmitted.

Due to the scheduling of the various companies on the site it became difficult to find the project managers for the various companies depending on the phase of development the site was in.

I had to walk from one end of the construction site to the other. It was the first time I had to wear a hard hat and safety boots to do office work and I got to see the tradesmen as they worked, and they were all in tip top physical shape. There was an atmosphere of mutual respect that made everyone feel appreciated.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
some frigid days, and some blistering days. on site office in a trailer so sometimes technology did not work.
It is a convinent way to work between looking for permanent employment.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2012
I was not overall pleased with their recruitment skills. My file got bounced around more then a basketball and they went through recruiters like crazy.
Cons
lousy management
great learning environment
Shaw Recruiter (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ONOctober 21, 2014
Great Experience, gained a lot of knowledge. Enjoyed working there and my management team also
Assignment with CIBC, Scarborough,N
General Officer Clerk (Former Employee) –  305 Milner Rd, Scarborough,ONJuly 30, 2012
My assignment was a bit challenging ,as it require a deadline time don a daily basis, After the first week with the help of my collegues I was able to work on my own and pick up my duties very easily.The staff in my department was very helpful , team oriented and both supervisor and co-workers treated me not as a contract worker but as part of their staff.

My job include checking the Teller Transaction on a daily basis for the whole of GTA and Southern Ontario, which must be completed by 12 noon or earlier.as if any reject it must be completed by noon on the same day, so it was a bit challenging.

Beause my co-workers as all helpful it made my job easier and enjoyable
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/.a
always on call
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 3, 2014
I worked hard at this company , and long hours , and hard work for low pay
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours and on called
Cisco routers and switches
Communications Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 21, 2015
Installed routers and switches throughout Saskatchewan at retail stores, this was for head office to do their purchasing with information from the computers. I worked alone got to see many new areas of Saskatchewan.
Pros
Travel
Cons
sporatic work
very good company to work with
apprentice electrician (Former Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day work is 8 hours and you learn about time management while working with coworkers that teach
Pros
flexable lunch hours
Cons
work and get a full days work
Company Closed
PRODUCTION/PLANNING CONTROL CLERK (Former Employee) –  edmontonMarch 24, 2014
Company was great to work for, but had too many responsibilities for myself. High expectations, but awesome co workers and management.
Warehouse worker.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  NorwayJune 14, 2015
Forklift driving
Labouring
Restocking
Inventory
Billing

Working as a warehouse worker in all diffrent kind of envoirements. for example in a freezer 8hours a day,