Manpower Employee Reviews in Canada

Office Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara regionOctober 21, 2014
Was sent on jobs that were not appropriate for my skills. I was sent to factories and industrial settings when my background was clearly in an office setting. Was sent to work with the worst employers in the area with terrible labour relations backgrounds. The last employer I had with Manpower did it for me. I received very little training and was unsupported. I obtained employment elsewhere. This employment agency is not suited to white collar workers!!
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
minimal work at minimal pay
Recruitment
Professional Generalist Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
It is a Fortune 500 company that is Global. It has great benefits and incentives for the right person. It is busy and you can be productive. You can achieve your goal if you focus on your placements and you can be successful.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
great branch manager
Wonderful chance to experience various job areas.
Contract worker (Former Employee) –  area wideOctober 14, 2014
Various jobs throughout Washington from labor to warehouse. I learned a multitude of tasks. management was friendly and amazing. co-workers were diverse and generally good company. The hardest part of the job had to do with my personal circumstances not the job itself. the most enjoyable part was the different tasks i was given to accomplish.
Productive, Reliant Company with friendly recruiters
Administrative Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2014
I worked scheduled shift work for one year in an inbound call centre the hours were sometimes too long or not enough but since the Manpower recruiter knew I had other useful computer skills I was relocated from a temp position to a temp-permanent position within the same company which helped me get my foot in the door to begin my career within one of Alberta's top companies.

I have learned excellent communication skills - written and verbal, and expertise level in planning, organizing and prioritizing work load. I had a dynamic team to work with from Management to my assistant and other staff. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the problem assessment and problem solving which took some overtime but with consulting co-workers for help the job was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and feeling like you are part of a team with the entire company.

Manpower is an excellent company to work for whether its temp, temp-perm, or permanent.
Pros
great place to start off in the workforce, excellent company to gain work experience and business knowledge, a good place for a career change, there are many opportunities to choose from, good place to re-enter the workforce.
Cons
schedule work sometimes with too many or not enough hours.
Professional and Safe work place
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Manpower provides its employees a safe and professional work environment.
Manpower
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 8, 2014
incredible people to work with, great incentives and pay
I worked with them on contracts for 5 years, and would still be with them if they offered full time
Pros
hours, pay
Cons
nothing full time
A very professional team.
Temp job (Former Employee) –  BarrieAugust 31, 2014
Manpower has been very helpful & supportive. They care about there employee's. I would highly recommend them.
Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 6, 2014
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee - not just filling a space.
Cons
no job security
never knew what I was going to get as a job
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 30, 2014
Always found it refreshing . Liked the change of pace on a daily basis
Pros
meeting lots of new people, enjoyed the new job discription
Cons
not always enough work
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ont.July 28, 2014
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being.
Pros
free lunches about once a month
Cons
no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
Not that bad but hard work
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 28, 2014
Atypical day at work was sign in wait for the managers and get to work. Then break work Break work then It was time to go home.
I learned of to clean machinery and the value of lock boxes.
My co workers were fun and energetic people.
The hardest part of the job was using the microwaves.
The most enjoyable was seeing all the machines shiny from doing a good job.
fast paced
Administrative/Labourer (Former Employee) –  London,ONJuly 22, 2014
great co-workers, management, learned multiple jobs, enjoyable people to work with, positive environment.
Pros
flexible
nice, clean ,environment at work
Order Picker & Packer (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 17, 2014
management very nice. will to achive fast work environment, supportive management.
Pros
work in a clean environment
Cons
nothing
Horrible experience with staff member
Prospective Employment (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJune 9, 2014
I had a horrible experience with one of staffing advisers. She was an incredibly rude lady, treated me like dirt. I understand I am applying for an entry level position, however this does not give you an excuse to treat someone as if they are worthless.

Very turned off about dealing with Manpower, I am still shocked by what has transpired.
Love the work
Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ONMay 15, 2014
I enjoyed the work, but how i got let go was totally unfair, i was asked to do my assessment 2 month into my probation time instead of 3 month and then was let go soon after
A good experience.
Temp Employee (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AbApril 29, 2014
It was a good beginning with Manpower and was happy that they helped me get my foot into multiple jobs , mostly in relation with Nova Plant , in Joffre, Ab. Wasn't to please with how they contacted me or handled information. I felt like i was jumping through some hoops until they found what i needed. They were kind and professional overall.
Pros
professional
Cons
lack of communication at times
manpower
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 28, 2014
I learn building boxes, stocking shelves, leading teams in unloading vehicles and setting up equipment for events
Worst Agency around (Alberta franchise)
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABApril 3, 2014
Horrendous management, their "Oil&Gas" division is a complete JOKE. Starting from the CEO to mid level management this place is so disorganized and will never be taken seriously due to the incompetent management team that does not know how to lead a group.
Cons
everything
always on call
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 3, 2014
I worked hard at this company , and long hours , and hard work for low pay
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours and on called
Company Closed
PRODUCTION/PLANNING CONTROL CLERK (Former Employee) –  edmontonMarch 24, 2014
Company was great to work for, but had too many responsibilities for myself. High expectations, but awesome co workers and management.