Manpower Employee Reviews

Typical productive day with the client. No two days alike
Contract 4th Class Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2015
Recommended for a source of employment for people just starting out and for workers who would like to try contracting. Easy place to get along with co workers
Pros
have a third party to discuss opinions
Cons
usually the client has better holiday schedules
Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 August 2014
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee - not just filling a space.
Cons
No job security
Good place to get work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  niagara20 September 2015
A great place to generate income while completing my driver training program. Hours are extremely flexible, which is what I needed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
below aveage income
great agency
Walkie Operator, General Labour (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario15 May 2012
My day at work though this agency was every good and was assign to my tasks during the day at work. I have learned lots of knowledge within this agency and the management of the job assignments were nice like the staffing consultants at this agency. My co-workers were very nice as well you do have those that think they are all that but you get them in all companies. The hardest part of job is leaving the job because of assignment completed and waiting for a new job assignment. The most enjoyable pat of the job is working at matrix as a walkie operator and a general labour at Carquest and getting a full time permanent job with them after the assignment was finished.
Pros
job assignments
Cons
completed job assignments
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ont.28 July 2014
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being.
Pros
free lunches about once a month
Cons
no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
overall helpful
Document Control Administrator-NOVA (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 November 2015
I didn't work directly with Manpower, they were my placement agency. The people I did deal with were great and I loved working with them.
They try their best
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2015
I was with the downtown branch and they try their best to help you look for a job but it is not consistent. They do OK. I would recommend as long as they can find you a job
its fun working with the other co workers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2015
shipping and receiving
cleaning the work place
always on call
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON3 April 2014
I worked hard at this company , and long hours , and hard work for low pay
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours and on called
Productive, Reliant Company with friendly recruiters
Administrative Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2014
I worked scheduled shift work for one year in an inbound call centre the hours were sometimes too long or not enough but since the Manpower recruiter knew I had other useful computer skills I was relocated from a temp position to a temp-permanent position within the same company which helped me get my foot in the door to begin my career within one of Alberta's top companies.

I have learned excellent communication skills - written and verbal, and expertise level in planning, organizing and prioritizing work load. I had a dynamic team to work with from Management to my assistant and other staff. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the problem assessment and problem solving which took some overtime but with consulting co-workers for help the job was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and feeling like you are part of a team with the entire company.

Manpower is an excellent company to work for whether its temp, temp-perm, or permanent.
Pros
Great place to start off in the workforce, Excellent company to gain work experience and business knowledge, a good place for a career change, there are many opportunities to choose from, good place to re-enter the workforce.
Cons
Schedule work sometimes with too many or not enough hours.
worst job agency out of all....!
service specialist (Former Employee) –  5650 Yonge Street, North York.19 August 2015
I worked through manpower at CIBC. Manpower agents are very rude and has no empathy towards their staff. They simply will treat you like slaves. Awful job agency to work for.
Pros
nothing to mention
Cons
Low pay, Impolite agents who have no idea of professional business communication.and the list goes on...
Enjoyable place
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2015
Manpower has been a great place to work. They have been helpful to finding a placement for me when they can. They just need to find longer and more stable placement with their clients, so their employees will have a more stable work.
Good site leadership
Parts Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON14 July 2015
Manpower was a okay company to work for on the smaller local plant level! Being at Honda I learned lots from my time there! lots of issues with Office and the onsite supervisor and barrie branch manager! Co workers were great and still good friends with a few of them! Hardest part of the job was waiting for the parts to arrive lineside, and the most enjoyable part was the Parts quality people form honda!
Cons
Low pay
Permanent Placement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2015
Team environment, supporting management. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with different candidates.
I have learned a lot about different industries.
Cons
high turnover
constant assingments
general laborer (Former Employee) –  st. catharines14 September 2015
good connections with the wine industry and other big corporations.
a life a temporary employee is hard but its doable.
Pros
good hours various assingments
Cons
on call can be sent home as a extra
I worked here for 15 years. No complaints.
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2015
Large US based company. All decisions are made in and from the US that impact Canada. Learned a lot and meet so many amazing people!
Pros
Got paid
Cons
No job security; but that's the way most companies are today
Manpower not what it seems
Temp Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton21 February 2013
They do there best to find work but you can go months at a time to only work maybe a week and when they find nothing they throw you towards Speilos production line work and the management at Speilo treats you with disrespect and would terminate your contract if you sneezed the wrong way and once that happens manpower doesnt seem to go out of there way to find you work. I will say pay was descent and my agent lead manager was helpful within her power of course.
Pros
friendly boss
Cons
no work
General Labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON7 May 2012
Throughout the duration of my employment with Manpower, I worked at several different companies. I enjoyed the diversity of not only working in a variety of companies, but working in various different positions within those companies.

Although the availability of work was often unreliable, I greatly value the experience and the skills I was able to acquire while working for this agency.
Pros
good training, variety of work
Cons
lack of work, poor job security
Working with good people,team work makes a job easier.
Construction Labourer- fencing and roofing (Current Employee) –  Edmonton,AB21 May 2013
I did enjoy most of my time when I used to work at Rojal Glenora Club our Staff had great people,Hardworking individuals,co operating with each other and serving our costomers to the best of our ability.I really never had the hardest part but there were times that sometimes the management called us unexpected to come work during our vacation but it was all fun.
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
more overtime
I like the workplace and the people around are all nice
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bay Street, Toronto16 November 2012
We ususally receive calls from existing clients to follow up their account balance and to do more transactions we have to assist them since most of the account we handle are all business accounts. What I really learned from this job, since everything should kept confidential you need a double care especially the fax numbers you are sending out. Clients have differenet personalities so I learned to get along with clients to manage their differences even just talking over the phone you should know how to manage their needs in order to satisfy them. My co-workers are very helpful, they try their best to help you, and they consider the team as one family. I really enjoyed this job you just know how to discipline yourself on how to be positive despite of difficulties you get from customers.