Manpower

Manpower Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
terrible temporary work agency
General laborer (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: none to report
Cons: inconsistant work and hours
this company was not reliable for constant work and poor attitudes towards others
Interesting work place, various clilnics.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 29, 2013
Pros: i got my h1n1 vacination without having to wait in line
I enjoyed working with the Peterborough and District Health Unit during the H1N1 season.
Low pay, unorganized, and no enough hours
Casual General Labourer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 26, 2013
Did not enjoy working here at all, low hours, on call, low paying, and unorganized. The only good part of the position is the fact your always doing something different.
OK for temporary warehouse work
material handler,warehouse worker 1st aid attent. (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 18, 2013
Cons: unpredicable hours
Seems like a decent place to get some temporary work such as at Sears,,Eatons, or Hudson's Bay Company
Temporary employment
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 11, 2013
Pros: offered consistent employment
Cons: rules changed when management changed
Offered me Administrative employment consistently at a competitive salary and mostly good quality locations.
Working with good people,team work makes a job easier.
Construction Labourer- fencing and roofing (Current Employee), Edmonton,ABMay 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch every friday
Cons: more overtime
I did enjoy most of my time when I used to work at Rojal Glenora Club our Staff had great people,Hardworking individuals,co operating with each other and serving our costomers to the best of our ability.I really never had the hardest part but there were times that sometimes the management called us unexpected to come work during our vacation but it was all fun.
easy going workplace
Part quality/ Logistics (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMay 20, 2013
Pros: 30 minutes for lunch
Cons: long hours 9 hour days.
Checking the same parts for 8 hours roughly 30 parts every 30 minutes or as material services deliver parts I would set them in an easy access way so the can continue production.
attention to detail , time management (keeping busy),
the co-workers were great , people are very nice easygoing
the hardest part of the job was keeping busy with minimal things to do.
everything else was quite enjoyable
Data Integrity and Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: good people
Great people
Good structure
Good Benefits
good hours..
forklift operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2013
Pros: paid every week
Cons: no temp to perm positions..mostly
overall good to work for providing they have the kind of work that you want to do..not much for industrial work anymore with them now ..hourly pay could be higher..
Help you find a job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), SaskatoonApril 3, 2013
You need to take an exam to show you abilities and skills. They will then help you find a job related to the skills you have and your knowledge. It is on a temp. basis.
Great and respectfull workplace with amazing people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 1, 2013
Pros: get to work at various different jobs and learn new skills
Cons: not enought hours or work
Receptionist duties as well as data entry, working at various companies and getting to work with great people. Most enjoyable part was learning new skills and different and challenging assignments.
productive work environment however under contractual assignments
Administrative/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 26, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the people contact
Cons: havent found full time placement
I enjoy the contract positions however seeking full time perm employment.
Hard work and dedication do not help you advance
Help Desk Analyst / Resource Support Specialist (Former Employee), calgaryMarch 14, 2013
Pros: full time job
Cons: very impersonal
Was released at the end of my contract due to the recession.
Have recently reapplied and was not considered for the same position. They do rehire, but at their discretion.
Temp Position
Secretary/Reception Positions (Former Employee), London, OntarioMarch 3, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: wanted permanent jobs
Various temp positions, Enjoyed working at temp positions
Manpower not what it seems
Temp Agent (Current Employee), MonctonFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: friendly boss
Cons: no work
They do there best to find work but you can go months at a time to only work maybe a week and when they find nothing they throw you towards Speilos production line work and the management at Speilo treats you with disrespect and would terminate your contract if you sneezed the wrong way and once that happens manpower doesnt seem to go out of there way to find you work. I will say pay was descent and my agent lead manager was helpful within her power of course.
temp work
Laborer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: somtimes you get tips
Cons: only busy a couple months of the year
not a full year around job. hard work and some guys are hard to work with.
furniture mover
Laborer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: somtimes you get tips
Cons: only busy a couple months of the year
not a full year around job. hard work and some guys are hard to work with.
Temp Service
Production Labor (Former Employee), Alliston, ONDecember 7, 2012
Pros: salary, employee discounts, and family functions, great benifits
Cons: the commute
You worked as a temp, so you never knew untill you called in or untill you recieved a call telling you to go into work. Sometimes if the company liked you, they would keep you on. so there was some security and room for advancement with Manpower. I also like how they were flexable with shifts.
I learned how to make cars, how a factory operates and how it is all a team effort.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of my job was the rotation is shifts, took some time to get use to it.
The most enjoyable part was....THE PAY..
little pay and all shifts
Labourer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONNovember 29, 2012
Pros: a job
Cons: the topics of subjects
you have to work 12 hour shifts. Do the same thing over and over again. on Break you have to listen to people talk about their sex life and partying. I am not into the party scene do felt alone all the time.
I like the workplace and the people around are all nice
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bay Street, TorontoNovember 16, 2012
We ususally receive calls from existing clients to follow up their account balance and to do more transactions we have to assist them since most of the account we handle are all business accounts. What I really learned from this job, since everything should kept confidential you need a double care especially the fax numbers you are sending out. Clients have differenet personalities so I learned to get along with clients to manage their differences even just talking over the phone you should know how to manage their needs in order to satisfy them. My co-workers are very helpful, they try their best to help you, and they consider the team as one family. I really enjoyed this job you just know how to discipline yourself on how to be positive despite of difficulties you get from customers.

About Manpower

Manpower is devoted to enriching the lives of those through meaningful employment opportunities and focuses on future advancement. – Read more