Manpower Employee Reviews

Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 6, 2014
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee - not just filling a space.
Cons
no job security
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ont.July 28, 2014
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being.
Pros
free lunches about once a month
Cons
no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
great agency
Walkie Operator, General Labour (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 15, 2012
My day at work though this agency was every good and was assign to my tasks during the day at work. I have learned lots of knowledge within this agency and the management of the job assignments were nice like the staffing consultants at this agency. My co-workers were very nice as well you do have those that think they are all that but you get them in all companies. The hardest part of job is leaving the job because of assignment completed and waiting for a new job assignment. The most enjoyable pat of the job is working at matrix as a walkie operator and a general labour at Carquest and getting a full time permanent job with them after the assignment was finished.
Pros
job assignments
Cons
completed job assignments
Mediation Assistant
Mediation Assistant (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 19, 2015
I worked for the Government on insurance claims. It was more like an Administrative Assistant combined with Mediation Assistant.. I was brought in through Manpower to help in the Mediation division and performed many clerical and research work as needed. I was there 5 months and I enjoyed the work they gave me to do. We were all team workers and did the work just fine.
I worked here for 15 years. No complaints.
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2015
Large US based company. All decisions are made in and from the US that impact Canada. Learned a lot and meet so many amazing people!
Pros
Got paid
Cons
No job security; but that's the way most companies are today
Productive, Reliant Company with friendly recruiters
Administrative Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2014
I worked scheduled shift work for one year in an inbound call centre the hours were sometimes too long or not enough but since the Manpower recruiter knew I had other useful computer skills I was relocated from a temp position to a temp-permanent position within the same company which helped me get my foot in the door to begin my career within one of Alberta's top companies.

I have learned excellent communication skills - written and verbal, and expertise level in planning, organizing and prioritizing work load. I had a dynamic team to work with from Management to my assistant and other staff. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the problem assessment and problem solving which took some overtime but with consulting co-workers for help the job was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and feeling like you are part of a team with the entire company.

Manpower is an excellent company to work for whether its temp, temp-perm, or permanent.
Pros
great place to start off in the workforce, excellent company to gain work experience and business knowledge, a good place for a career change, there are many opportunities to choose from, good place to re-enter the workforce.
Cons
schedule work sometimes with too many or not enough hours.
always on call
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 3, 2014
I worked hard at this company , and long hours , and hard work for low pay
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours and on called
Productive and fun place to work at
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2015
After the flood in Calgary, we were sent to different places to recover the company damaged from the situation.
Great team, great safety.
Professional and caring staff !
Customer Care Front Desk Intake / Web Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 29, 2015
Professional and caring staff ! Reputable employment agency that for the most part keeps you in the work force. When doing a job search it's great to know you are not alone and that there is someone else looking for the right role alongside me as well.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Temporary
Manpower not what it seems
Temp Agent (Current Employee) –  MonctonFebruary 21, 2013
They do there best to find work but you can go months at a time to only work maybe a week and when they find nothing they throw you towards Speilos production line work and the management at Speilo treats you with disrespect and would terminate your contract if you sneezed the wrong way and once that happens manpower doesnt seem to go out of there way to find you work. I will say pay was descent and my agent lead manager was helpful within her power of course.
Pros
friendly boss
Cons
no work
A safe, excellent, and enjoyable workplace
General Assembler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2014
I have learned many things like Behavior Based Safety i.e BBS and use to help people when they need any help regarding about safety.
we have also thought Near Miss i.e if u see some things r fallen down n nobody sees we have to pick it up if u saw right away so that no body is injured . i had learnt packaging how to do how much quantity goes in shipper sometimes with our co-workers we learnt some new things from them what r things we r packaging n where it is shipping how many days it will take to reach to that countries. and we have lots of fun during the job too.
General Labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONMay 7, 2012
Throughout the duration of my employment with Manpower, I worked at several different companies. I enjoyed the diversity of not only working in a variety of companies, but working in various different positions within those companies.

Although the availability of work was often unreliable, I greatly value the experience and the skills I was able to acquire while working for this agency.
Pros
good training, variety of work
Cons
lack of work, poor job security
Working with good people,team work makes a job easier.
Construction Labourer- fencing and roofing (Current Employee) –  Edmonton,ABMay 21, 2013
I did enjoy most of my time when I used to work at Rojal Glenora Club our Staff had great people,Hardworking individuals,co operating with each other and serving our costomers to the best of our ability.I really never had the hardest part but there were times that sometimes the management called us unexpected to come work during our vacation but it was all fun.
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
more overtime
I like the workplace and the people around are all nice
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bay Street, TorontoNovember 16, 2012
We ususally receive calls from existing clients to follow up their account balance and to do more transactions we have to assist them since most of the account we handle are all business accounts. What I really learned from this job, since everything should kept confidential you need a double care especially the fax numbers you are sending out. Clients have differenet personalities so I learned to get along with clients to manage their differences even just talking over the phone you should know how to manage their needs in order to satisfy them. My co-workers are very helpful, they try their best to help you, and they consider the team as one family. I really enjoyed this job you just know how to discipline yourself on how to be positive despite of difficulties you get from customers.
great starter job for anyone that needs a foot in the door
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 4, 2012
work hard and management likes you pretty simple. we are the people that keep the companies running when they need extra help
Pros
good hours
Cons
shift work
A temporary employee
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 9, 2012
A typical day as did my responsibilities at work varied every single time I had a position because I worked as temporary employee. So where I worked would differ with each assignment. Management also differed with each assignment as did the co-workers, and what a typical day was. It just depended on what the client needed. What I learned was how to be incredibly flexible, go with the flow, learn how to adjust to new and different environments.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no consistent job
productive and fun co-workers
Quality Parts Inspector for Honda of Canada (Former Employee) –  Alliston ontarioJanuary 31, 2014
working shift work
would come to work get protective wear on, go to work station.
when product was delivered we would inspect the quality and if their was damages. they would tell us ahead of time would to look for.

Management were great, team leader was amazing. very friendly and caring.

Co-workers were the best, made the job enjoyable.

hardest part of job was that it was shift work.

enjoyable part was co-workers.
Cons
shift work
Nonsense due to NAFTA
Hydro Line Tree Trimming Helper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 22, 2013
A sub-contract of a sub-contract of a sub-contract etc., with American, Ontario and Quebec companies involved. Because of the various borders, there were too many loopholes that allowed many involved to too conveniently overlook substance abuse issues which compromised the safety of the work sites. Also, billing methods were manipulated, with work schedule regulations requiring certain amounts of time off for a given period being flaunted, etc. The pay was only interesting because after a 44-hour week the rate was time-and-a-half (I averaged 53 hours per week). A textbook example of everybody looking the other way because that's just the way it's done.
Pros
enjoyable work mostly.
Cons
no accoutability with regards to any rules.
Starting carrer in accounting
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2015
Started my accounting practical career
Multitask assignments
Co-operative co-workers
Continued study with work
Great boss
Pros
Re imbursed my study fee
Cons
Not secured job
Am giving Manpower Canada an average rating for helping their staff.
Data Operator (Current Employee) –  MississaugaApril 4, 2013
Everyday were given a schedule of what to do,
I learned new knowledge from time to time.
I should say that the management am with is just an avarege style.
The hardest part of my job is to work with my co-workers attitude in connection with the job application.
Over all my co-workers are helpful.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet your expectation and the teams expectation.