Manpower Employee Reviews in Canada

labour
manpower (Former Employee) –  brockville,onApril 8, 2015
good work. lots of different work experience many different jobs. i relised im not a factory worker to easy of work tho. to repetitive
Boring, not enough work
Receptionist/Administrative (Former Employee) –  edmonton, abApril 6, 2015
Working here was alright when there was work available. Its hard to to be busy when you ask for work and management doesn't give you anything to do but gets mad because you aren't do anything.
Starting carrer in accounting
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2015
Started my accounting practical career
Multitask assignments
Co-operative co-workers
Continued study with work
Great boss
Pros
Re imbursed my study fee
Cons
Not secured job
good place
Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 24, 2015
manpower is a good place always asking how im doing making sure things are going well with me making sure there work for me
Pros
work
Cons
hrs
Worse place I have ever worked for - Never again
Driver trainer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AlbertaMarch 20, 2015
Mismanaged by 2 (oil and gas specialists) recruiters that don't know much but just to get bodies for commission. They take 35% of your wages for getting you a job and not doing anything to help you. Empty promises of getting on with company contracted to and that is the trap in order to get you to work for Manpower. Poor benefits. No chance for advancement.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
list too long to type
Good company to work for
Picker/Packer/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ONMarch 14, 2015
Working for manpower has been a good experience. I have gained warehousing experience that I know will be useful for me in the future. I have learned a lot over the past year.
Manpower Staffing
Talent Acquisition - Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 5, 2015
It's a globally recognized staffing agency with great benefits and incentives for the right person. The Vancouver office has an exceptional team with very supportive management.
Nothing really
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 2, 2015
Was good for a part time job nothing else, pay was not that great and didnt get work all the time. Wouldnt go back because the hours just werent good enough.
Pros
close work
Cons
bad pay, not enough work
horrible bosses
Vice-President and Member of Canadian Lead Team (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 20, 2015
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The VP/GM was paranoid in my personal opinion and had email tracked, calls intercepted and even though she was terminated, this was a terrible culture.

The company values they taught were in no way upheld.
Quick way to find work
labour/ forklift op (Former Employee) –  St.johns, nlFebruary 20, 2015
Off load tractor trailers, operate forklift and reach truck (stand up forklift) to put over stock in Highbays. Move product to the floor. Do any task that engagement deemed necessary.
Pros
getinng recertified for forklift and reach truck
Cons
coworks with little to no work ethic
Always working for me.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver,BCJanuary 19, 2015
Manpower has been very helpful in my Employment and has expanded my Jobs to include Data Entry & Order Selection
Great Environment
Reconciliation Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
scan money into peoples account and make sure that there is no counter fit bills.
Hard working paced
Order Picker at Purolator warehouse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 31, 2014
Worked in the busiest time of the year.
Lots of freight to be sorted out.
Heavy freight.
Everyone there was nice.
Overtime when needed.
Pros
free cookies or fruit sometimes
Cons
repetitive
A safe, excellent, and enjoyable workplace
General Assembler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2014
I have learned many things like Behavior Based Safety i.e BBS and use to help people when they need any help regarding about safety.
we have also thought Near Miss i.e if u see some things r fallen down n nobody sees we have to pick it up if u saw right away so that no body is injured . i had learnt packaging how to do how much quantity goes in shipper sometimes with our co-workers we learnt some new things from them what r things we r packaging n where it is shipping how many days it will take to reach to that countries. and we have lots of fun during the job too.
Excavator Operator Hitachi (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayDecember 1, 2014
Dredge and dewater ponds at Suncor. Keep detailed records for Suncor. Run and maintain pumps, adjust hoses. Keep detailed paper work each day. Daily checks and maintainance on excavator.
Production
Line production Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2014
I have learn best quality assurance and work with team to full fill the task on time. Gives smart ideas for quality assurance and fast work process.Management always support and gives friendly environment to employees.It was my great experience for recognition as gives smart ideas regarding company's product and i appreciate.
Skill driven work environment.
General labour/Gas Heater Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 17, 2014
Very skill driven work environment. While being new to this field I was opened up to meeting great skilled people who taught me many skills I was unaware of. I learned about how different gas operates and how different construction gas heaters work. While performing daily general labour duties, I was ensured proper safety methods.
Manpower Red Deer
contract worker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 2, 2014
Excellent
Excellent
Excellent!!
Very professional. .weekly pay..online access to pay information. .and someone always available to talk to when you call even though they are very busy
Pros
all
Cons
contract work
Amamzing company to work for.
Payroll Specialist / Service Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 29, 2014
Lots of room for growth within the company. Offered a wide variety of training online and in classroom.
great learning environment
Shaw Recruiter (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ONOctober 21, 2014
Great Experience, gained a lot of knowledge. Enjoyed working there and my management team also