Manpower Employee Reviews

easy going workplace
Part quality/ Logistics (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON20 May 2013
Checking the same parts for 8 hours roughly 30 parts every 30 minutes or as material services deliver parts I would set them in an easy access way so the can continue production.
attention to detail , time management (keeping busy),
the co-workers were great , people are very nice easygoing
the hardest part of the job was keeping busy with minimal things to do.
everything else was quite enjoyable
Pros
30 minutes for lunch
Cons
long hours 9 hour days.
I was contracted to work for TEAM Solutions at Invista
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 March 2014
The position was Industrial Cleaner...it was great, but I lost my job there because my supervisors gave me bad directions to the smoking area and I was booted off site for smoking in the wrong place. They cost me my job there making $600/week and never even took responsibility for it, even though they told me to go there! I should have ratted them out because while I was getting in trouble they were siting in the vehicles smoking in the parking lot...a big no-no! I could have joined them in their vehicle and not been caught lol. BUT, I was trying to do the right thing. It definitely backfired on me!
Pros
loooong breaks
Cons
too many rules with zero tolerance for any kind of safety breach, including spitting on a dirty factory floor because you, ve got some grime in your mouth
Able to move within company
Customer Service Duties (Former Employee) –  Edmonton14 January 2016
This job was great! They always trained you when you needed improvements in some areas. Getting to and from work was not an issue. You mostly worked alone, which was good for me. You had the best hours because the students needed the evening jobs.
Pros
The hours
great agency
Walkie Operator, General Labour (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario15 May 2012
My day at work though this agency was every good and was assign to my tasks during the day at work. I have learned lots of knowledge within this agency and the management of the job assignments were nice like the staffing consultants at this agency. My co-workers were very nice as well you do have those that think they are all that but you get them in all companies. The hardest part of job is leaving the job because of assignment completed and waiting for a new job assignment. The most enjoyable pat of the job is working at matrix as a walkie operator and a general labour at Carquest and getting a full time permanent job with them after the assignment was finished.
Pros
job assignments
Cons
completed job assignments
Great Community of People
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2016
Manpower has good people working for them making an overall positive working environment. They have a high standard for safety for all internal and external employees.
Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 August 2014
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee - not just filling a space.
Cons
No job security
Great People
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2016
I'd be more than happy to give a review in person, however not at this time. Feel free to ask, at a later date.

Corrie Wallace
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ont.28 July 2014
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being.
Pros
free lunches about once a month
Cons
no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
Great temp company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 December 2015
Manpower from what I understand has a health care plan the wages are good only down side is it is temporary work but once a contract end usually they will getting you working in a day or less.
Cons
Random locations, no job stability
great veriaty of work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 January 2016
get to work at many different types of work. I have worked for ice cream manufacturers, three different plastic plants, book manufacture, pet store, zinc factory. really flexible hours.
Pros
flexable hours
always on call
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON3 April 2014
I worked hard at this company , and long hours , and hard work for low pay
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours and on called
C.I.B.C was the placement
Investigations Officer (Former Employee) –  toronto7 August 2015
I worked for several departments and learned a great deal from each one of them.

Visa department: took calls from clients and merchants about Visa cards and activities, making sure there was no fraud involved. Inbound call center.

E.F.T. dept.: investigated and returned, when needed funds that were sent electronically in error to wrong accounts. Inbound call center.

Visa Ins.: took calls and answered questions about products that best suited the client. Inbound call center.

I enjoyed working in all these departments.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
distance
Great place to grow your career
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2015
- focus on learning and development
- flexibility
- long term career opportunities
- amazing senior management team, great mentors
- great downtown office location
its a fun family and great team to work for very fast and easy going at the same time
general labour (Current Employee) –  pickring ,ont15 September 2015
i would till any one who looks to get i n with them to go for it their a great team and understanding management you work with power tools and lots of lifting
Pros
free lunch with food truck lots of o.t
Cons
not any that i can thing of
Productive, Reliant Company with friendly recruiters
Administrative Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2014
I worked scheduled shift work for one year in an inbound call centre the hours were sometimes too long or not enough but since the Manpower recruiter knew I had other useful computer skills I was relocated from a temp position to a temp-permanent position within the same company which helped me get my foot in the door to begin my career within one of Alberta's top companies.

I have learned excellent communication skills - written and verbal, and expertise level in planning, organizing and prioritizing work load. I had a dynamic team to work with from Management to my assistant and other staff. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the problem assessment and problem solving which took some overtime but with consulting co-workers for help the job was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and feeling like you are part of a team with the entire company.

Manpower is an excellent company to work for whether its temp, temp-perm, or permanent.
Pros
Great place to start off in the workforce, Excellent company to gain work experience and business knowledge, a good place for a career change, there are many opportunities to choose from, good place to re-enter the workforce.
Cons
Schedule work sometimes with too many or not enough hours.
Contractor / Calgary Board of Education
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2015
Found me a positon right away and always available for staff and clients. Easy access downtown.

Recruiters are positive and fully engaged in your well being.
Pros
easy access from the C-train
Cons
Could not find me a full time position.
Manpower not what it seems
Temp Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton21 February 2013
They do there best to find work but you can go months at a time to only work maybe a week and when they find nothing they throw you towards Speilos production line work and the management at Speilo treats you with disrespect and would terminate your contract if you sneezed the wrong way and once that happens manpower doesnt seem to go out of there way to find you work. I will say pay was descent and my agent lead manager was helpful within her power of course.
Pros
friendly boss
Cons
no work
Typical productive day with the client. No two days alike
Contract 4th Class Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2015
Recommended for a source of employment for people just starting out and for workers who would like to try contracting. Easy place to get along with co workers
Pros
have a third party to discuss opinions
Cons
usually the client has better holiday schedules
General Labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON7 May 2012
Throughout the duration of my employment with Manpower, I worked at several different companies. I enjoyed the diversity of not only working in a variety of companies, but working in various different positions within those companies.

Although the availability of work was often unreliable, I greatly value the experience and the skills I was able to acquire while working for this agency.
Pros
good training, variety of work
Cons
lack of work, poor job security
I like the workplace and the people around are all nice
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bay Street, Toronto16 November 2012
We ususally receive calls from existing clients to follow up their account balance and to do more transactions we have to assist them since most of the account we handle are all business accounts. What I really learned from this job, since everything should kept confidential you need a double care especially the fax numbers you are sending out. Clients have differenet personalities so I learned to get along with clients to manage their differences even just talking over the phone you should know how to manage their needs in order to satisfy them. My co-workers are very helpful, they try their best to help you, and they consider the team as one family. I really enjoyed this job you just know how to discipline yourself on how to be positive despite of difficulties you get from customers.