Manpower Employee Reviews in Canada

Manpower Staffing
Talent Acquisition - Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 5, 2015
It's a globally recognized staffing agency with great benefits and incentives for the right person. The Vancouver office has an exceptional team with very supportive management.
Good company to work for
Picker/Packer/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ONMarch 14, 2015
Working for manpower has been a good experience. I have gained warehousing experience that I know will be useful for me in the future. I have learned a lot over the past year.
Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 6, 2014
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee - not just filling a space.
Cons
no job security
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ont.July 28, 2014
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being.
Pros
free lunches about once a month
Cons
no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
Nothing really
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 2, 2015
Was good for a part time job nothing else, pay was not that great and didnt get work all the time. Wouldnt go back because the hours just werent good enough.
Pros
close work
Cons
bad pay, not enough work
Not that bad but hard work
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 28, 2014
Atypical day at work was sign in wait for the managers and get to work. Then break work Break work then It was time to go home.
I learned of to clean machinery and the value of lock boxes.
My co workers were fun and energetic people.
The hardest part of the job was using the microwaves.
The most enjoyable was seeing all the machines shiny from doing a good job.
productive and fun co-workers
Quality Parts Inspector for Honda of Canada (Former Employee) –  Alliston ontarioJanuary 31, 2014
working shift work
would come to work get protective wear on, go to work station.
when product was delivered we would inspect the quality and if their was damages. they would tell us ahead of time would to look for.

Management were great, team leader was amazing. very friendly and caring.

Co-workers were the best, made the job enjoyable.

hardest part of job was that it was shift work.

enjoyable part was co-workers.
Cons
shift work
Horrible experience with staff member
Prospective Employment (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJune 9, 2014
I had a horrible experience with one of staffing advisers. She was an incredibly rude lady, treated me like dirt. I understand I am applying for an entry level position, however this does not give you an excuse to treat someone as if they are worthless.

Very turned off about dealing with Manpower, I am still shocked by what has transpired.
A good experience.
Temp Employee (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AbApril 29, 2014
It was a good beginning with Manpower and was happy that they helped me get my foot into multiple jobs , mostly in relation with Nova Plant , in Joffre, Ab. Wasn't to please with how they contacted me or handled information. I felt like i was jumping through some hoops until they found what i needed. They were kind and professional overall.
Pros
professional
Cons
lack of communication at times
labour
manpower (Former Employee) –  brockville,onApril 8, 2015
good work. lots of different work experience many different jobs. i relised im not a factory worker to easy of work tho. to repetitive
Working with good people,team work makes a job easier.
Construction Labourer- fencing and roofing (Current Employee) –  Edmonton,ABMay 21, 2013
I did enjoy most of my time when I used to work at Rojal Glenora Club our Staff had great people,Hardworking individuals,co operating with each other and serving our costomers to the best of our ability.I really never had the hardest part but there were times that sometimes the management called us unexpected to come work during our vacation but it was all fun.
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
more overtime
easy going workplace
Part quality/ Logistics (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 20, 2013
Checking the same parts for 8 hours roughly 30 parts every 30 minutes or as material services deliver parts I would set them in an easy access way so the can continue production.
attention to detail , time management (keeping busy),
the co-workers were great , people are very nice easygoing
the hardest part of the job was keeping busy with minimal things to do.
everything else was quite enjoyable
Pros
30 minutes for lunch
Cons
long hours 9 hour days.
General Labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONMay 7, 2012
Throughout the duration of my employment with Manpower, I worked at several different companies. I enjoyed the diversity of not only working in a variety of companies, but working in various different positions within those companies.

Although the availability of work was often unreliable, I greatly value the experience and the skills I was able to acquire while working for this agency.
Pros
good training, variety of work
Cons
lack of work, poor job security
Manpower not what it seems
Temp Agent (Current Employee) –  MonctonFebruary 21, 2013
They do there best to find work but you can go months at a time to only work maybe a week and when they find nothing they throw you towards Speilos production line work and the management at Speilo treats you with disrespect and would terminate your contract if you sneezed the wrong way and once that happens manpower doesnt seem to go out of there way to find you work. I will say pay was descent and my agent lead manager was helpful within her power of course.
Pros
friendly boss
Cons
no work
Temp Service
Production Labor (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONDecember 7, 2012
You worked as a temp, so you never knew untill you called in or untill you recieved a call telling you to go into work. Sometimes if the company liked you, they would keep you on. so there was some security and room for advancement with Manpower. I also like how they were flexable with shifts.
I learned how to make cars, how a factory operates and how it is all a team effort.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of my job was the rotation is shifts, took some time to get use to it.
The most enjoyable part was....THE PAY..
Pros
salary, employee discounts, and family functions, great benifits
Cons
the commute
A temporary employee
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 9, 2012
A typical day as did my responsibilities at work varied every single time I had a position because I worked as temporary employee. So where I worked would differ with each assignment. Management also differed with each assignment as did the co-workers, and what a typical day was. It just depended on what the client needed. What I learned was how to be incredibly flexible, go with the flow, learn how to adjust to new and different environments.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no consistent job
Assignment with CIBC, Scarborough,N
General Officer Clerk (Former Employee) –  305 Milner Rd, Scarborough,ONJuly 30, 2012
My assignment was a bit challenging ,as it require a deadline time don a daily basis, After the first week with the help of my collegues I was able to work on my own and pick up my duties very easily.The staff in my department was very helpful , team oriented and both supervisor and co-workers treated me not as a contract worker but as part of their staff.

My job include checking the Teller Transaction on a daily basis for the whole of GTA and Southern Ontario, which must be completed by 12 noon or earlier.as if any reject it must be completed by noon on the same day, so it was a bit challenging.

Beause my co-workers as all helpful it made my job easier and enjoyable
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/.a
great agency
Walkie Operator, General Labour (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 15, 2012
My day at work though this agency was every good and was assign to my tasks during the day at work. I have learned lots of knowledge within this agency and the management of the job assignments were nice like the staffing consultants at this agency. My co-workers were very nice as well you do have those that think they are all that but you get them in all companies. The hardest part of job is leaving the job because of assignment completed and waiting for a new job assignment. The most enjoyable pat of the job is working at matrix as a walkie operator and a general labour at Carquest and getting a full time permanent job with them after the assignment was finished.
Pros
job assignments
Cons
completed job assignments
Am giving Manpower Canada an average rating for helping their staff.
Data Operator (Current Employee) –  MississaugaApril 4, 2013
Everyday were given a schedule of what to do,
I learned new knowledge from time to time.
I should say that the management am with is just an avarege style.
The hardest part of my job is to work with my co-workers attitude in connection with the job application.
Over all my co-workers are helpful.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet your expectation and the teams expectation.
Nonsense due to NAFTA
Hydro Line Tree Trimming Helper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 22, 2013
A sub-contract of a sub-contract of a sub-contract etc., with American, Ontario and Quebec companies involved. Because of the various borders, there were too many loopholes that allowed many involved to too conveniently overlook substance abuse issues which compromised the safety of the work sites. Also, billing methods were manipulated, with work schedule regulations requiring certain amounts of time off for a given period being flaunted, etc. The pay was only interesting because after a 44-hour week the rate was time-and-a-half (I averaged 53 hours per week). A textbook example of everybody looking the other way because that's just the way it's done.
Pros
enjoyable work mostly.
Cons
no accoutability with regards to any rules.