Manpower Employee Reviews

Manpower Staffing
Talent Acquisition - Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 March 2015
It's a globally recognized staffing agency with great benefits and incentives for the right person. The Vancouver office has an exceptional team with very supportive management.
Work shifts at companies
Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 March 2016
Manpower hires many people, too many at times. As a worker, you must follow the company's rules and regulations at a lesser amount of pay. Generally you will have 40 hours of work, but there are times you do not.
Cons
you make the same amount of money as someone whom has been there 15 years
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ont.28 July 2014
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being.
Pros
free lunches about once a month
Cons
no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
Employment office
Opérateur (Former Employee) –  Monteal22 April 2016
Professional company who are honest and fair with their candidates
Not enough contact with them to give more informations
Friendly temp agency
Temp (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2016
Approachable agents. They really wanted to get to know what kind of job I was looking for and where my skills were. Useful training available.
Pros
Competent agents
Cons
Length of contracts was unpredictable
Excellent team Group
Trilingual Service Centre Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 March 2016
Even though the working hours were hard, the great team group, the co-workers and the Branch Manager made it worth it. They were a great inspiration.
Am giving Manpower Canada an average rating for helping their staff.
Data Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga4 April 2013
Everyday were given a schedule of what to do,
I learned new knowledge from time to time.
I should say that the management am with is just an avarege style.
The hardest part of my job is to work with my co-workers attitude in connection with the job application.
Over all my co-workers are helpful.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet your expectation and the teams expectation.
great starter job for anyone that needs a foot in the door
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 September 2012
work hard and management likes you pretty simple. we are the people that keep the companies running when they need extra help
Pros
good hours
Cons
shift work
Amazing Company
Automotive Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 October 2013
Great employer to work for. Lots of work usually. sometimes slow and dont get full hours.
Pros
Overtime paid after 8 hours a day
Cons
No advancement, Can't hire on, No pay raises, No benefits
great entery level into positon
Wire line Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2012
placement agency learned how to become wireline operator thru Schlumberger, good bunch of guys. heavey tools, the pay check
Pros
benifits
Cons

Want to know more about Manpower?

Ask a question
productive and fun co-workers
Quality Parts Inspector for Honda of Canada (Former Employee) –  Alliston ontario31 January 2014
working shift work
would come to work get protective wear on, go to work station.
when product was delivered we would inspect the quality and if their was damages. they would tell us ahead of time would to look for.

Management were great, team leader was amazing. very friendly and caring.

Co-workers were the best, made the job enjoyable.

hardest part of job was that it was shift work.

enjoyable part was co-workers.
Cons
shift work
no job security
Labourer- (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON6 September 2012
management was good but no job security. they could let u go in 4 hours.
Pros
mostly day shifts
Cons
no job security
Manpower not what it seems
Temp Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton21 February 2013
They do there best to find work but you can go months at a time to only work maybe a week and when they find nothing they throw you towards Speilos production line work and the management at Speilo treats you with disrespect and would terminate your contract if you sneezed the wrong way and once that happens manpower doesnt seem to go out of there way to find you work. I will say pay was descent and my agent lead manager was helpful within her power of course.
Pros
friendly boss
Cons
no work
its a fun family and great team to work for very fast and easy going at the same time
general labour (Current Employee) –  pickring ,ont15 September 2015
i would till any one who looks to get i n with them to go for it their a great team and understanding management you work with power tools and lots of lifting
Pros
free lunch with food truck lots of o.t
Cons
not any that i can thing of
Working with good people,team work makes a job easier.
Construction Labourer- fencing and roofing (Current Employee) –  Edmonton,AB21 May 2013
I did enjoy most of my time when I used to work at Rojal Glenora Club our Staff had great people,Hardworking individuals,co operating with each other and serving our costomers to the best of our ability.I really never had the hardest part but there were times that sometimes the management called us unexpected to come work during our vacation but it was all fun.
Pros
free lunch every friday
Cons
more overtime
Working at Manpower was very fun and enjoyable
Picking & Packaging (Former Employee) –  North York, ON17 July 2012
A typical day at work was fine. The management was great and helpful. I learned how to acheive the given target at work with speed & quality. My co-workers were very helpful and understanding.the hardest part of the job was lifting heavy boxes alone without anybodies help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of regular hours.
Pros
free beverages, gift bags etc.
Cons
nothing was bad
Supportive
Customer Support After Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2015
I worked with Manpower very little with the placement I received from them. However, when I worked with them, they were supportive and would "go to bat" for me when I needed help.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
No vacation time, no benefits
A temporary employee
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario9 October 2012
A typical day as did my responsibilities at work varied every single time I had a position because I worked as temporary employee. So where I worked would differ with each assignment. Management also differed with each assignment as did the co-workers, and what a typical day was. It just depended on what the client needed. What I learned was how to be incredibly flexible, go with the flow, learn how to adjust to new and different environments.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no consistent job
General Labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON7 May 2012
Throughout the duration of my employment with Manpower, I worked at several different companies. I enjoyed the diversity of not only working in a variety of companies, but working in various different positions within those companies.

Although the availability of work was often unreliable, I greatly value the experience and the skills I was able to acquire while working for this agency.
Pros
good training, variety of work
Cons
lack of work, poor job security
New Experience
Recruiter/Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  North York, ON22 January 2016
I had a successful internship with Manpower and built great colleagues and friends. Which lead me to a brief term at the Nike Factory where I was an Inventory Specialist for a short time. It was a very interesting and new work experience.
Pros
Good breaks and easy work
Cons
not secure at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.