Manpower

Manpower Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Temp Position
Secretary/Reception Positions (Former Employee), London, OntarioMarch 3, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: wanted permanent jobs
Various temp positions, Enjoyed working at temp positions
Manpower not what it seems
Temp Agent (Current Employee), MonctonFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: friendly boss
Cons: no work
They do there best to find work but you can go months at a time to only work maybe a week and when they find nothing they throw you towards Speilos production line work and the management at Speilo treats you with disrespect and would terminate your contract if you sneezed the wrong way and once that happens manpower doesnt seem to go out of there way to find you work. I will say pay was descent and my agent lead manager was helpful within her power of course.
temp work
Laborer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: somtimes you get tips
Cons: only busy a couple months of the year
not a full year around job. hard work and some guys are hard to work with.
furniture mover
Laborer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: somtimes you get tips
Cons: only busy a couple months of the year
not a full year around job. hard work and some guys are hard to work with.
Temp Service
Production Labor (Former Employee), Alliston, ONDecember 7, 2012
Pros: salary, employee discounts, and family functions, great benifits
Cons: the commute
You worked as a temp, so you never knew untill you called in or untill you recieved a call telling you to go into work. Sometimes if the company liked you, they would keep you on. so there was some security and room for advancement with Manpower. I also like how they were flexable with shifts.
I learned how to make cars, how a factory operates and how it is all a team effort.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of my job was the rotation is shifts, took some time to get use to it.
The most enjoyable part was....THE PAY..
little pay and all shifts
Labourer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONNovember 29, 2012
Pros: a job
Cons: the topics of subjects
you have to work 12 hour shifts. Do the same thing over and over again. on Break you have to listen to people talk about their sex life and partying. I am not into the party scene do felt alone all the time.
I like the workplace and the people around are all nice
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bay Street, TorontoNovember 16, 2012
We ususally receive calls from existing clients to follow up their account balance and to do more transactions we have to assist them since most of the account we handle are all business accounts. What I really learned from this job, since everything should kept confidential you need a double care especially the fax numbers you are sending out. Clients have differenet personalities so I learned to get along with clients to manage their differences even just talking over the phone you should know how to manage their needs in order to satisfy them. My co-workers are very helpful, they try their best to help you, and they consider the team as one family. I really enjoyed this job you just know how to discipline yourself on how to be positive despite of difficulties you get from customers.
Enjoyed to fast pace
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 9, 2012
• Account management - responsible for numerous Corporate Accounts as primary contact.
• Conduct and administer full life-cycle recruitment process for the purpose of temporary, temp to perm, and permanent employment options.
• Coaching and assisting with Employee Development.
• Monitored and adhered to ISO 9002 standards, regulations and audits.
Excellent people to work for ex. sent giftcards and flowers while I was at Xplornet
Temp (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NBNovember 6, 2012
Pros: excellent people to work for
I have worked for Manpower and would do so again if something became available
great entery level into positon
Wire line Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2012
Pros: benifits
Cons: long hours
placement agency learned how to become wireline operator thru Schlumberger, good bunch of guys. heavey tools, the pay check
It is a convinent way to work between looking for permanent employment.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2012
Cons: lousy management
I was not overall pleased with their recruitment skills. My file got bounced around more then a basketball and they went through recruiters like crazy.
A temporary employee
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 9, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no consistent job
A typical day as did my responsibilities at work varied every single time I had a position because I worked as temporary employee. So where I worked would differ with each assignment. Management also differed with each assignment as did the co-workers, and what a typical day was. It just depended on what the client needed. What I learned was how to be incredibly flexible, go with the flow, learn how to adjust to new and different environments.
Job placing agency
General Labourer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 3, 2012
I worked my first job in Canada through this agency as a general laborer.
Declining employee support
Pipefitter / Millwright (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 1, 2012
Pros: close to home---friendly people
Cons: shortage of work
Manpower skilled trades has been declining in support and service over the past few years.
viromentThe job posting at Sherritt was vey enjoyable.Great co-workers.
The enviroment may not be the most modern, however the
co-workers more than made up for any shortcomings.
unrealistic goal expectations and ZERO support
Recruiter - Oil and Gas (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 12, 2012
Overall the company is a complete joke. Incompetent managers are left to run an organization that sets unrealistic goals in order to make themselves more money. COMPLETELY profit driven with little to no guidance or support. Ask any former employee of Manpower and see what their experience was like, I can bet it will all be the same.

November 10, 2012

Be warned - Never work long for a temp company if your serious about working long term. The longer you stay - the harder it will be to have a good resume. I recall staying in Manpower temp position for a few years, when it ended, I couldnt reach any support from Manpower to continue employment, was left to "twist in the wind". Cheers

no job security
Labourer- (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: mostly day shifts
Cons: no job security
management was good but no job security. they could let u go in 4 hours.
great starter job for anyone that needs a foot in the door
Labourer (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: good hours
Cons: shift work
work hard and management likes you pretty simple. we are the people that keep the companies running when they need extra help
worked temp. hours was casual
Secretary/Reception Positions (Former Employee), London, OnAugust 28, 2012
Worked several temp positions. Secretary Receptionist at LHSC and St. Joes. Booking patients appointments and running smooth office. Answering a switch board and directing calls
great place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONAugust 7, 2012
Pros: great pay for fulltime employees
Cons: low pay for temp work
was a great place to work other then they used me and proimissed me a fulltime job then when the time came i was laid off while other co worker was hired on.
Review
clerical job (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2012
Pros: only an hour
Cons: no long hours
my job working for intria in mississauga was marvellous and very exciting work with all my co workers very helpful and understanding my position was a exception clerk

About Manpower

Manpower is devoted to enriching the lives of those through meaningful employment opportunities and focuses on future advancement. – Read more