Manpower

Manpower Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
easy going workplace
Part quality/ Logistics (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMay 20, 2013
Pros: 30 minutes for lunch
Cons: long hours 9 hour days.
Checking the same parts for 8 hours roughly 30 parts every 30 minutes or as material services deliver parts I would set them in an easy access way so the can continue production.
attention to detail , time management (keeping busy),
the co-workers were great , people are very nice easygoing
the hardest part of the job was keeping busy with minimal things – more... to do.
everything else was quite enjoyable – less
Data Integrity and Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: good people
Great people
Good structure
Good Benefits
good hours..
forklift operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2013
Pros: paid every week
Cons: no temp to perm positions..mostly
overall good to work for providing they have the kind of work that you want to do..not much for industrial work anymore with them now ..hourly pay could be higher..
Help you find a job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), SaskatoonApril 3, 2013
You need to take an exam to show you abilities and skills. They will then help you find a job related to the skills you have and your knowledge. It is on a temp. basis.
Great and respectfull workplace with amazing people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 1, 2013
Pros: get to work at various different jobs and learn new skills
Cons: not enought hours or work
Receptionist duties as well as data entry, working at various companies and getting to work with great people. Most enjoyable part was learning new skills and different and challenging assignments.
productive work environment however under contractual assignments
Administrative/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 26, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the people contact
Cons: havent found full time placement
I enjoy the contract positions however seeking full time perm employment.
Hard work and dedication do not help you advance
Help Desk Analyst / Resource Support Specialist (Former Employee), calgaryMarch 14, 2013
Pros: full time job
Cons: very impersonal
Was released at the end of my contract due to the recession.
Have recently reapplied and was not considered for the same position. They do rehire, but at their discretion.
Temp Position
Secretary/Reception Positions (Former Employee), London, OntarioMarch 3, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: wanted permanent jobs
Various temp positions, Enjoyed working at temp positions
Manpower not what it seems
Temp Agent (Current Employee), MonctonFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: friendly boss
Cons: no work
They do there best to find work but you can go months at a time to only work maybe a week and when they find nothing they throw you towards Speilos production line work and the management at Speilo treats you with disrespect and would terminate your contract if you sneezed the wrong way and once that happens manpower doesnt seem to go out of there way – more... to find you work. I will say pay was descent and my agent lead manager was helpful within her power of course. – less
temp work
Laborer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: somtimes you get tips
Cons: only busy a couple months of the year
not a full year around job. hard work and some guys are hard to work with.
furniture mover
Laborer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: somtimes you get tips
Cons: only busy a couple months of the year
not a full year around job. hard work and some guys are hard to work with.
Temp Service
Production Labor (Former Employee), Alliston, ONDecember 7, 2012
Pros: salary, employee discounts, and family functions, great benifits
Cons: the commute
You worked as a temp, so you never knew untill you called in or untill you recieved a call telling you to go into work. Sometimes if the company liked you, they would keep you on. so there was some security and room for advancement with Manpower. I also like how they were flexable with shifts.
I learned how to make cars, how a factory operates and how – more... it is all a team effort.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of my job was the rotation is shifts, took some time to get use to it.
The most enjoyable part was....THE PAY.. – less
little pay and all shifts
Labourer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONNovember 29, 2012
Pros: a job
Cons: the topics of subjects
you have to work 12 hour shifts. Do the same thing over and over again. on Break you have to listen to people talk about their sex life and partying. I am not into the party scene do felt alone all the time.
I like the workplace and the people around are all nice
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bay Street, TorontoNovember 16, 2012
We ususally receive calls from existing clients to follow up their account balance and to do more transactions we have to assist them since most of the account we handle are all business accounts. What I really learned from this job, since everything should kept confidential you need a double care especially the fax numbers you are sending out. Clients – more... have differenet personalities so I learned to get along with clients to manage their differences even just talking over the phone you should know how to manage their needs in order to satisfy them. My co-workers are very helpful, they try their best to help you, and they consider the team as one family. I really enjoyed this job you just know how to discipline yourself on how to be positive despite of difficulties you get from customers. – less
Enjoyed to fast pace
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 9, 2012
• Account management - responsible for numerous Corporate Accounts as primary contact.
• Conduct and administer full life-cycle recruitment process for the purpose of temporary, temp to perm, and permanent employment options.
• Coaching and assisting with Employee Development.
• Monitored and adhered to ISO 9002 standards, regulations and audits.
Excellent people to work for ex. sent giftcards and flowers while I was at Xplornet
Temp (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NBNovember 6, 2012
Pros: excellent people to work for
I have worked for Manpower and would do so again if something became available
great entery level into positon
Wire line Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2012
Pros: benifits
Cons: long hours
placement agency learned how to become wireline operator thru Schlumberger, good bunch of guys. heavey tools, the pay check
It is a convinent way to work between looking for permanent employment.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2012
Cons: lousy management
I was not overall pleased with their recruitment skills. My file got bounced around more then a basketball and they went through recruiters like crazy.
A temporary employee
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 9, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no consistent job
A typical day as did my responsibilities at work varied every single time I had a position because I worked as temporary employee. So where I worked would differ with each assignment. Management also differed with each assignment as did the co-workers, and what a typical day was. It just depended on what the client needed. What I learned was how to – more... be incredibly flexible, go with the flow, learn how to adjust to new and different environments. – less
Job placing agency
General Labourer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 3, 2012
I worked my first job in Canada through this agency as a general laborer.

About Manpower

Manpower is devoted to enriching the lives of those through meaningful employment opportunities and focuses on future advancement. – Read more