Manpower Employee Reviews in Canada

worst job agency out of all....!
service specialist (Former Employee) –  5650 Yonge Street, North York.August 19, 2015
I worked through manpower at CIBC. Manpower agents are very rude and has no empathy towards their staff. They simply will treat you like slaves. Awful job agency to work for.
Pros
nothing to mention
Cons
Low pay, Impolite agents who have no idea of professional business communication.and the list goes on...
Permanent Placement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2015
Team environment, supporting management. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with different candidates.
I have learned a lot about different industries.
Cons
high turnover
Good site leadership
Parts Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 14, 2015
Manpower was a okay company to work for on the smaller local plant level! Being at Honda I learned lots from my time there! lots of issues with Office and the onsite supervisor and barrie branch manager! Co workers were great and still good friends with a few of them! Hardest part of the job was waiting for the parts to arrive lineside, and the most enjoyable part was the Parts quality people form honda!
Cons
Low pay
Temporary employment
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 11, 2013
Offered me Administrative employment consistently at a competitive salary and mostly good quality locations.
Pros
offered consistent employment
Cons
rules changed when management changed
great entery level into positon
Wire line Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2012
placement agency learned how to become wireline operator thru Schlumberger, good bunch of guys. heavey tools, the pay check
Pros
benifits
Amazing Company
Automotive Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 21, 2013
Great employer to work for. Lots of work usually. sometimes slow and dont get full hours.
Pros
overtime paid after 8 hours a day
Cons
no advancement, can't hire on, no pay raises, no benefits
Productive and fun place to work at
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2015
After the flood in Calgary, we were sent to different places to recover the company damaged from the situation.
Great team, great safety.
Mediation Assistant
Mediation Assistant (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 19, 2015
I worked for the Government on insurance claims. It was more like an Administrative Assistant combined with Mediation Assistant.. I was brought in through Manpower to help in the Mediation division and performed many clerical and research work as needed. I was there 5 months and I enjoyed the work they gave me to do. We were all team workers and did the work just fine.
Professional and caring staff !
Customer Care Front Desk Intake / Web Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 29, 2015
Professional and caring staff ! Reputable employment agency that for the most part keeps you in the work force. When doing a job search it's great to know you are not alone and that there is someone else looking for the right role alongside me as well.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Temporary
I worked here for 15 years. No complaints.
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2015
Large US based company. All decisions are made in and from the US that impact Canada. Learned a lot and meet so many amazing people!
Pros
Got paid
Cons
No job security; but that's the way most companies are today
Data Integrity and Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMay 16, 2013
Great people
Good structure
Good Benefits
Pros
good people
Cisco routers and switches
Communications Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 21, 2015
Installed routers and switches throughout Saskatchewan at retail stores, this was for head office to do their purchasing with information from the computers. I worked alone got to see many new areas of Saskatchewan.
Pros
Travel
Cons
sporatic work
Warehouse worker.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  NorwayJune 14, 2015
Forklift driving
Labouring
Restocking
Inventory
Billing

Working as a warehouse worker in all diffrent kind of envoirements. for example in a freezer 8hours a day,
Starting carrer in accounting
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2015
Started my accounting practical career
Multitask assignments
Co-operative co-workers
Continued study with work
Great boss
Pros
Re imbursed my study fee
Cons
Not secured job
Boring, not enough work
Receptionist/Administrative (Former Employee) –  edmonton, abApril 6, 2015
Working here was alright when there was work available. Its hard to to be busy when you ask for work and management doesn't give you anything to do but gets mad because you aren't do anything.
Comfortable Workplace
Recruiter (Junior) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 5, 2015
My workplace usually remains quite busy with people coming in for applying/registering or to attend orientation and also by calling.
easy going workplace
Part quality/ Logistics (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 20, 2013
Checking the same parts for 8 hours roughly 30 parts every 30 minutes or as material services deliver parts I would set them in an easy access way so the can continue production.
attention to detail , time management (keeping busy),
the co-workers were great , people are very nice easygoing
the hardest part of the job was keeping busy with minimal things to do.
everything else was quite enjoyable
Pros
30 minutes for lunch
Cons
long hours 9 hour days.
Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 6, 2014
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee - not just filling a space.
Cons
no job security
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ont.July 28, 2014
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being.
Pros
free lunches about once a month
Cons
no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
I was contracted to work for TEAM Solutions at Invista
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMarch 10, 2014
The position was Industrial Cleaner...it was great, but I lost my job there because my supervisors gave me bad directions to the smoking area and I was booted off site for smoking in the wrong place. They cost me my job there making $600/week and never even took responsibility for it, even though they told me to go there! I should have ratted them out because while I was getting in trouble they were siting in the vehicles smoking in the parking lot...a big no-no! I could have joined them in their vehicle and not been caught lol. BUT, I was trying to do the right thing. It definitely backfired on me!
Pros
loooong breaks
Cons
too many rules with zero tolerance for any kind of safety breach, including spitting on a dirty factory floor because you, ve got some grime in your mouth