Manpower Employee Reviews in Canada

constant assingments
general laborer (Former Employee) –  st. catharinesSeptember 14, 2015
good connections with the wine industry and other big corporations.
a life a temporary employee is hard but its doable.
Pros
good hours various assingments
Cons
on call can be sent home as a extra
Supportive
Customer Support After Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
I worked with Manpower very little with the placement I received from them. However, when I worked with them, they were supportive and would "go to bat" for me when I needed help.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
No vacation time, no benefits
Productive and fun place to work at
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2015
After the flood in Calgary, we were sent to different places to recover the company damaged from the situation.
Great team, great safety.
worst job agency out of all....!
service specialist (Former Employee) –  5650 Yonge Street, North York.August 19, 2015
I worked through manpower at CIBC. Manpower agents are very rude and has no empathy towards their staff. They simply will treat you like slaves. Awful job agency to work for.
Pros
nothing to mention
Cons
Low pay, Impolite agents who have no idea of professional business communication.and the list goes on...
C.I.B.C was the placement
Investigations Officer (Former Employee) –  torontoAugust 7, 2015
I worked for several departments and learned a great deal from each one of them.

Visa department: took calls from clients and merchants about Visa cards and activities, making sure there was no fraud involved. Inbound call center.

E.F.T. dept.: investigated and returned, when needed funds that were sent electronically in error to wrong accounts. Inbound call center.

Visa Ins.: took calls and answered questions about products that best suited the client. Inbound call center.

I enjoyed working in all these departments.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
distance
Permanent Placement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2015
Team environment, supporting management. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with different candidates.
I have learned a lot about different industries.
Cons
high turnover
Good site leadership
Parts Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 14, 2015
Manpower was a okay company to work for on the smaller local plant level! Being at Honda I learned lots from my time there! lots of issues with Office and the onsite supervisor and barrie branch manager! Co workers were great and still good friends with a few of them! Hardest part of the job was waiting for the parts to arrive lineside, and the most enjoyable part was the Parts quality people form honda!
Cons
Low pay
Great place to grow your career
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2015
- focus on learning and development
- flexibility
- long term career opportunities
- amazing senior management team, great mentors
- great downtown office location
Professional and caring staff !
Customer Care Front Desk Intake / Web Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 29, 2015
Professional and caring staff ! Reputable employment agency that for the most part keeps you in the work force. When doing a job search it's great to know you are not alone and that there is someone else looking for the right role alongside me as well.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Temporary
Mediation Assistant
Mediation Assistant (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 19, 2015
I worked for the Government on insurance claims. It was more like an Administrative Assistant combined with Mediation Assistant.. I was brought in through Manpower to help in the Mediation division and performed many clerical and research work as needed. I was there 5 months and I enjoyed the work they gave me to do. We were all team workers and did the work just fine.
Warehouse worker.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  NorwayJune 14, 2015
Forklift driving
Labouring
Restocking
Inventory
Billing

Working as a warehouse worker in all diffrent kind of envoirements. for example in a freezer 8hours a day,
Comfortable Workplace
Recruiter (Junior) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 5, 2015
My workplace usually remains quite busy with people coming in for applying/registering or to attend orientation and also by calling.
Cisco routers and switches
Communications Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 21, 2015
Installed routers and switches throughout Saskatchewan at retail stores, this was for head office to do their purchasing with information from the computers. I worked alone got to see many new areas of Saskatchewan.
Pros
Travel
Cons
sporatic work
Out of Temp Agencies... It's a better one, but you cant beat a full-time job
Merchandiser; Installer; Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 4, 2015
Little chance of going anywhere here... A temp job is only good for one person... A temp. Someone irresponsible. For someone looking for full time work, go find another job. While they give raises, you have no job stability and are basically transient... sent where and when they need you.
Pros
Can set your hours. Get a lot of exp in different fields.
Cons
Too difficult to settle a contract with an employer for full time work.
Tempory employment
Temporary Employment Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2015
I worked here first then hired by honey bar and then that job was no longer there so when back to manpower. Different jobes all the time
usually a lot of hours in the summer
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2015
usual work was flagging during the summer and forklift during the winter i like temp employment due to it giving me time to teach and play music
Pros
free time
Cons
sometimes not enough hours
Very great employment agency to work for
FORKLIFT OPERATOR/WAREHOUSE PERSON (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 22, 2015
Great Co-workers, supervisors, got me a job quickly in the field I wanted, the pay wasn't good but over all great, would work with them again
I worked here for 15 years. No complaints.
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2015
Large US based company. All decisions are made in and from the US that impact Canada. Learned a lot and meet so many amazing people!
Pros
Got paid
Cons
No job security; but that's the way most companies are today
Expectional Resources Provided
Talent Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. CatharinesApril 20, 2015
Manpower was a great company to work for. There was exceptional information provided through our intranet system. Their focus on organizational systems and customer service were essential for retention and growth for candidates and clients.
great work from home experience
Operations return specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax Nova scotiaApril 16, 2015
If you want to work from home this is the company you want to work for. Everyone is amazing and they really want to see you succeed.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home