Manpower Employee Reviews

Contractor / Calgary Board of Education
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 27, 2015
Found me a positon right away and always available for staff and clients. Easy access downtown.

Recruiters are positive and fully engaged in your well being.
Pros
easy access from the C-train
Cons
Could not find me a full time position.
Temporary employment
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 11, 2013
Offered me Administrative employment consistently at a competitive salary and mostly good quality locations.
Pros
offered consistent employment
Cons
rules changed when management changed
Manpower Staffing
Talent Acquisition - Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 5, 2015
It's a globally recognized staffing agency with great benefits and incentives for the right person. The Vancouver office has an exceptional team with very supportive management.
Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 6, 2014
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee - not just filling a space.
Cons
no job security
easy going workplace
Part quality/ Logistics (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONMay 20, 2013
Checking the same parts for 8 hours roughly 30 parts every 30 minutes or as material services deliver parts I would set them in an easy access way so the can continue production.
attention to detail , time management (keeping busy),
the co-workers were great , people are very nice easygoing
the hardest part of the job was keeping busy with minimal things to do.
everything else was quite enjoyable
Pros
30 minutes for lunch
Cons
long hours 9 hour days.
Permanent Placement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2015
Team environment, supporting management. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with different candidates.
I have learned a lot about different industries.
Cons
high turnover
Typical productive day with the client. No two days alike
Contract 4th Class Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2015
Recommended for a source of employment for people just starting out and for workers who would like to try contracting. Easy place to get along with co workers
Pros
have a third party to discuss opinions
Cons
usually the client has better holiday schedules
C.I.B.C was the placement
Investigations Officer (Former Employee) –  torontoAugust 7, 2015
I worked for several departments and learned a great deal from each one of them.

Visa department: took calls from clients and merchants about Visa cards and activities, making sure there was no fraud involved. Inbound call center.

E.F.T. dept.: investigated and returned, when needed funds that were sent electronically in error to wrong accounts. Inbound call center.

Visa Ins.: took calls and answered questions about products that best suited the client. Inbound call center.

I enjoyed working in all these departments.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
distance
Productive, Reliant Company with friendly recruiters
Administrative Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2014
I worked scheduled shift work for one year in an inbound call centre the hours were sometimes too long or not enough but since the Manpower recruiter knew I had other useful computer skills I was relocated from a temp position to a temp-permanent position within the same company which helped me get my foot in the door to begin my career within one of Alberta's top companies.

I have learned excellent communication skills - written and verbal, and expertise level in planning, organizing and prioritizing work load. I had a dynamic team to work with from Management to my assistant and other staff. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the problem assessment and problem solving which took some overtime but with consulting co-workers for help the job was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and feeling like you are part of a team with the entire company.

Manpower is an excellent company to work for whether its temp, temp-perm, or permanent.
Pros
great place to start off in the workforce, excellent company to gain work experience and business knowledge, a good place for a career change, there are many opportunities to choose from, good place to re-enter the workforce.
Cons
schedule work sometimes with too many or not enough hours.
overall helpful
Document Control Administrator-NOVA (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 9, 2015
I didn't work directly with Manpower, they were my placement agency. The people I did deal with were great and I loved working with them.
I was contracted to work for TEAM Solutions at Invista
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMarch 10, 2014
The position was Industrial Cleaner...it was great, but I lost my job there because my supervisors gave me bad directions to the smoking area and I was booted off site for smoking in the wrong place. They cost me my job there making $600/week and never even took responsibility for it, even though they told me to go there! I should have ratted them out because while I was getting in trouble they were siting in the vehicles smoking in the parking lot...a big no-no! I could have joined them in their vehicle and not been caught lol. BUT, I was trying to do the right thing. It definitely backfired on me!
Pros
loooong breaks
Cons
too many rules with zero tolerance for any kind of safety breach, including spitting on a dirty factory floor because you, ve got some grime in your mouth
great agency
Walkie Operator, General Labour (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMay 15, 2012
My day at work though this agency was every good and was assign to my tasks during the day at work. I have learned lots of knowledge within this agency and the management of the job assignments were nice like the staffing consultants at this agency. My co-workers were very nice as well you do have those that think they are all that but you get them in all companies. The hardest part of job is leaving the job because of assignment completed and waiting for a new job assignment. The most enjoyable pat of the job is working at matrix as a walkie operator and a general labour at Carquest and getting a full time permanent job with them after the assignment was finished.
Pros
job assignments
Cons
completed job assignments
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ont.July 28, 2014
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being.
Pros
free lunches about once a month
Cons
no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
They try their best
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
I was with the downtown branch and they try their best to help you look for a job but it is not consistent. They do OK. I would recommend as long as they can find you a job
its fun working with the other co workers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2015
shipping and receiving
cleaning the work place
Enjoyable place
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2015
Manpower has been a great place to work. They have been helpful to finding a placement for me when they can. They just need to find longer and more stable placement with their clients, so their employees will have a more stable work.
I worked here for 15 years. No complaints.
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2015
Large US based company. All decisions are made in and from the US that impact Canada. Learned a lot and meet so many amazing people!
Pros
Got paid
Cons
No job security; but that's the way most companies are today
constant assingments
general laborer (Former Employee) –  st. catharinesSeptember 14, 2015
good connections with the wine industry and other big corporations.
a life a temporary employee is hard but its doable.
Pros
good hours various assingments
Cons
on call can be sent home as a extra
worst job agency out of all....!
service specialist (Former Employee) –  5650 Yonge Street, North York.August 19, 2015
I worked through manpower at CIBC. Manpower agents are very rude and has no empathy towards their staff. They simply will treat you like slaves. Awful job agency to work for.
Pros
nothing to mention
Cons
Low pay, Impolite agents who have no idea of professional business communication.and the list goes on...
Good place to get work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  niagaraSeptember 20, 2015
A great place to generate income while completing my driver training program. Hours are extremely flexible, which is what I needed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
below aveage income