Manpower Employee Reviews

Office Enviroment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 July 2017
I was a recruiter for Manpower. There was three of us in the building. A Branch Manager, Sales manager and myself. We recruited employees and business.
Good for a third party agency
Professional Placement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
Third party agencies generally do not promote good work life balance as it is all about hitting targets and quotas. The people at this agency were overall very professional and nice to work with.
Varied assignments
Various Administrative Term Positions (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 July 2017
The assignments overall were good. Reputable companies with great safety cultures. Was a great way to improve my skills in different sectors without job-hopping to do it
Pros
Decent assignments
Cons
Contract work
Shipper/receiver
Shipper/Receiver, Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2017
I started as an order picker and progressed to a team leader. I received great training and learned new skills that I can apply to many different jobs.
Four month contract-Albain shell Finance office
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 June 2017
A busy position indeed, opening 400 pieces of mail per day, distributing to various accountants on site using a chart, entering information into database as to keep track of whom received what invoice. Taking all marked mailbags to the office downstairs where it was flown to Calgary office for payment within the 30 day set term.
I need more
Administrative Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2017
While working with Manpower was a pleasant experience, there were times when I waited months between assignments. Unfortunately with the economy as it is, and the fact that bills need to be paid, I had to move on to something a little more secure. The people at Manpower were good to work with.
Cons
No job security, and no benefits
Pleasant and secure work environment
Data Entry Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 June 2017
I verify all the data and deposits received and entered correctly in the company's system.

I enhanced my pay attention to detail, fast typing data entry and deadline line driven ability.
Temporary employment agency
Admin. Asst (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 June 2017
Its a large corporation that assist the entire region with temporary employment to the corporations and different industries as well individuals that are in need of employment.
Pros
Short term employment
Cons
Relieves the shortage of work
Manpower
INTRIA) Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
Working for manpower was great for my career advancement. Being able to work with CIBC (INTRIA) due to the placement of manpower allowed me to put the skills I had acquired whilst in school.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 May 2017
Only worked for this temp service for a short time. The only down fall is not enough projects to sometimes to stay busy. I learned different jobs in a few different industries.
Fun place to work
Customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2017
Nice place to work
Had lot of fun
Good timing
Good break time
Learned lots of good things which helped me in my career.
Workplace culture was really good.
fun workplace and productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 May 2017
fun and excellent staffs.
good working environment
safe working environment
easy going supervisors
good pay
friendly people
free lunch
very good communication
Pros
very friendly enviroment
Cons
nothing
machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON8 April 2017
overall A great place to work. had to leave due to myself moving to Alliston.

a typical day at work for myself included walking in and signing in to front office.getting changed into my work stuff. then signing into time clock and waiting for bell to start work. then we would all go to the meeting area before starting to talk about quality problems from the day before and then we would all go to our work areas and wait to be told what we were running for our shift. then we would prep our work area and start work. we had three breaks throughout our 8 hour shifts. what i liked about working here was the structure and routine we all took part in
horrible exp
Team Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2017
Staff didnt want to help relocate me to new job placement after my contract expire at my first placement. I called the office multiply times and no response from anyone.
Great job for a student.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 April 2017
They gave me close to full-time hours and treated me as an important employee for the short time I worked for them. I would recommend this job to any student looking for honest work during the summer months.
La Pire Agence
Journalier de soir (Former Employee) –  St-Hubert, QC29 March 2017
Lors de mon embauche la Dame me dit c'est du temps plein 40 heures. Lors de mon premier quart après 4 heures de travail seulement le superviseur vient me voir et me dit qu'il doit envoyer des employés chez eux car il n'y a pas assez de travail. Une vrai farce. Le superviseur me dit qu'il n'as même pas assez d'heures pour lui... Bref, à éviter!
Pros
aucun
Cons
Manque de sérieux
temp agency
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  csr barrie29 March 2017
didn't care about you at all, told you not to go in some days, payed minimum wage for over night shifts, all in all a horrible experience. don't advise ever working there unless you have to
I worked for Atco Gas Call Center
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2017
This was a long time ago, but I do believe manpower is one of the best temp agencies out there. I was employed for 18 months and got steady hours and benefits. Also some really great experience. If I needed to use a temp agency I would go back again. But not to ATCO Gas I would go to a different contract.
Pros
Great Agency
Cons
Lack of Communication
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 March 2017
No two days are ever the same. With the large number of employees and customers you deal with on a day-to-day basis, you never know what to expect. That's not including all the new employees or customers you may develop that day.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Variety
Great Company
Talent Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 March 2017
Great company to work for with a typical day that will involve full cycle recruitment, training , development, customer service, payroll , employee relations, sales and a diverse range of duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.