Manpower Employee Reviews

Lots of time to think
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 October 2016
The job i did was very isolated, i was alone for the most of the time everyone else was old and couldn't speak proper English or to themselves so it didnt really workout cause i am a very outgoing person.
financial institution
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 September 2016
I would come in at 7 a.m. worked til 3 had my breaks alone. Did not talk to anyone just kept working, also no one talked to me. I was the temp and that is how I was treated. They had a luncheon and did not make me feel welcome to join.
it was good
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 November 2016
I would have loved to stay here but they didn't have work for me as they are a temp place. it was good, like i said more jobs would be great but no job,
Pros
great people
Cons
no work
Great people
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
Excellent environment, encouraging people, great company to work with, many things you can learn in short time and also can develop skills and experience.
Great company to work for
SORTER/RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 September 2016
Manpower is a great company to work for. They get you work right away when needing it. They are fast at getting back by email. I would recommend this Manpower to manpower looking for work.
Productive and fun workplace environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON4 June 2016
Pre-screening candidates and filling them in for our available assignments listed on our job boards is a typical day at work. I learned that there are numerous people looking for jobs and as a recruiter it is my duty to fulfill their needs as well as our companies. The most enjoyable part of the job is interviewing candidates and finding qualities that are valuable for particular positions.
fairly helpfull staff
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 October 2016
staff was helpfull, workplace was inviting. i dislike how i had to call on a daily basis to find out if i was working or not, becuase there was no schedual at the factory.
Unprofessional agency
Recruit for office position (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 May 2016
I have 1 word for this agency. Unprofessional.

Dealing with this company has been a hassle that is not worth it.
Reaching the recruiter that gave me a call has been impossible.
I attempted 5 calls and every time the recruit was "busy" and I was told to call back in 20 minutes. Which the recruit was also busy 20 minutes later.

After 4 hours attempting to reach the recruiter I left my callback number with the receptionist.
I understand that people can be busy, but still no call back after 1 week.

If this recruiter is not decent enough to give a call back. It is not worth your time.
Cons
Unprofessional
They are very good at what they do and certainly supplied me with employment on a regular basis up till now
Labourer, line worker, order picker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 May 2016
Manpower is an agency that supplies workers on a temporary basis to companies they have agreements with As such my contact with Manpower while I was working would be minimal as my daily work contact was with the companies Manpower had contracts with. Overall I am happy with the jobs they found for me and they companies I worked with through them were very fair in any dealings I had with them.
Pros
Manpower has access to jobs that I cannot access
Cons
They were temporary assignments with no real possibility for full time positions
Work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON4 October 2016
They Found great work opportunities for me. Supplied adequate work for the summer. Recommend to others if needing. Positive and friendly, overal satisfied.
Typical Temp agency
Administrative Assistant / Records Management (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 June 2016
As with any temp agency, the work varies. That being said Manpower consistently kept me busy. I would recommend them for a variety of positions.
Pros
A good way to get your foot in the door
Cons
no stability
Temporary
Hard-driven
Decent, friendly
Meeting the quotas
Talking to customers
Pros
Evening hours
Cons
Insufficient income
Manpower
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
Excellent start to my adult work life and my interest in my certification for Payroll. I learned many attributes including patients, tolerance, efficiency and handling sensitive information . Excellent team environment and training on payroll
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Contract Posistion
Manpower keeps you busy
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 June 2016
Lots of different positions available. Temp contracts may lead to full time employment. Very friendly staff. I worked for them for almost 10 years and was kept busy.
Pros
Lots of job offerings, Freindly staff
Cons
Temp work
Good place to start
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
Although the employees of Manpower are not very good at returning messages, they do a good job of connecting you to appropriate jobs that would suit one well.
interesting and informitive
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON5 July 2016
easy job work with interesting people and learned new things about the automotive industry, also jobs change frequently learning new process.
Pros
5 day week
Cons
poor image
Overall good work place
Temporary Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 March 2016
Most of the time you would get called about a week in advance of any job opportunities, but would sometimes get a surprise phone call at 5:30 in the morning needing an emergency replacement for __________ company for 7:00am. Management was always very helpful and tried to work around your schedule for days you were scheduled, and tried to give all their workers equal opportunities. After two summers at this company, depending on the location i was called to work at I began to recognize many of my colleagues, and everyone is very friendly.
Overall a good work place to consider if you're looking for an on-call/part time job working about 3-5 days a week, with some variety in job assignments.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Little diversity in job opportunities
Administrative Assistant
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2016
- Answered incoming calls
- Supported managers with preparation of portfolios
- Managed office supplies and inventory
- Assisted with meeting preparations
Part -time help in various department at Oliveira in production
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 April 2016
Part -time help in various department at Oliveira in production from shipping to packaging to repack products Working from 3 hours to 6 hours a day
Pros
not many hours
Cons
Not hiring full time
Manpower was a great experiance
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2016
The skills and knowledge that I gained from working at Manpower ensured my success at CDI. Being directed by a different manager every 3 to 6 months taught me how to adjust to the different techniques that each manger brought to the table.
Pros
Constant learning abilities to those who pay attention
Cons
Large turn over rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.

81%