Manpower
3,615 reviews

Manpower Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall my past work experience is very interesting and i learn more experience.
General Labourer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 16, 2013
Pros: have enough time to rest. breaks are very flexible
Cons: very busy and sometimes i can't handle some situations that are very complicated
My co-workers are pretty nice they are very helpful and very approachable. I learned a lot from being confident and manage myself to fix any kind of problems in my work.
Nightmare
Recruiting Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 9, 2013
No regard for the well-being of temporary employees. That is all.
It was a good place
laborer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONNovember 4, 2013
It was a good place to work for but the last minute shifts i didn't like.
tech support
Tech Support (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 28, 2013
great ppl to work for. management was great to deal with and was always willing to lend a hand
Amazing Company
Automotive Labourer (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 21, 2013
Pros: overtime paid after 8 hours a day
Cons: no advancement, can't hire on, no pay raises, no benefits
Great employer to work for. Lots of work usually. sometimes slow and dont get full hours.
winery
temp worker (Former Employee), wineryOctober 15, 2013
it was ok went to the winery to the bottle line to package the wine co workers were nice, i like working with the people at the winery
Really bad temp placement agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), calgarySeptember 10, 2013
I registered with Manpower Calgary in their office division. The only thing they offered me was 4 hours standing outside at the zoo giving out leaflets for $12.00/hour.
I am an administrative assistant, not a walmart greeter. I was a little offended and a lot confused.
My first agency to give a job in Canada
Receptionist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: friendly
I loved working with the Employment Co-coordinators. They were very helpful in giving me an assignment as a Receptionist when I needed it most.

I was having lot of financial difficulties at that time.
Great workplace, however mostly temporary positions
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2013
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: some frigid days, and some blistering days. on site office in a trailer so sometimes technology did not work.
I worked eight hour days starting early in the morning. I would record attendance, get signatures for completed work to fax to the head office.

I learned that work orders that were more detailed were easier to get signatures for and those that were vague often were questioned and needed to be resubmitted.

Due to the scheduling of the various companies – more... on the site it became difficult to find the project managers for the various companies depending on the phase of development the site was in.

I had to walk from one end of the construction site to the other. It was the first time I had to wear a hard hat and safety boots to do office work and I got to see the tradesmen as they worked, and they were all in tip top physical shape. There was an atmosphere of mutual respect that made everyone feel appreciated. – less
terrible temporary work agency
General laborer (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: none to report
Cons: inconsistant work and hours
this company was not reliable for constant work and poor attitudes towards others
Interesting work place, various clilnics.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 29, 2013
Pros: i got my h1n1 vacination without having to wait in line
I enjoyed working with the Peterborough and District Health Unit during the H1N1 season.
Low pay, unorganized, and no enough hours
Casual General Labourer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 26, 2013
Did not enjoy working here at all, low hours, on call, low paying, and unorganized. The only good part of the position is the fact your always doing something different.
OK for temporary warehouse work
material handler,warehouse worker 1st aid attent. (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 18, 2013
Cons: unpredicable hours
Seems like a decent place to get some temporary work such as at Sears,,Eatons, or Hudson's Bay Company
Temporary employment
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 11, 2013
Pros: offered consistent employment
Cons: rules changed when management changed
Offered me Administrative employment consistently at a competitive salary and mostly good quality locations.
Working with good people,team work makes a job easier.
Construction Labourer- fencing and roofing (Current Employee), Edmonton,ABMay 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch every friday
Cons: more overtime
I did enjoy most of my time when I used to work at Rojal Glenora Club our Staff had great people,Hardworking individuals,co operating with each other and serving our costomers to the best of our ability.I really never had the hardest part but there were times that sometimes the management called us unexpected to come work during our vacation but it – more... was all fun. – less
easy going workplace
Part quality/ Logistics (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMay 20, 2013
Pros: 30 minutes for lunch
Cons: long hours 9 hour days.
Checking the same parts for 8 hours roughly 30 parts every 30 minutes or as material services deliver parts I would set them in an easy access way so the can continue production.
attention to detail , time management (keeping busy),
the co-workers were great , people are very nice easygoing
the hardest part of the job was keeping busy with minimal things – more... to do.
everything else was quite enjoyable – less
Data Integrity and Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: good people
Great people
Good structure
Good Benefits
good hours..
forklift operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2013
Pros: paid every week
Cons: no temp to perm positions..mostly
overall good to work for providing they have the kind of work that you want to do..not much for industrial work anymore with them now ..hourly pay could be higher..
Help you find a job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), SaskatoonApril 3, 2013
You need to take an exam to show you abilities and skills. They will then help you find a job related to the skills you have and your knowledge. It is on a temp. basis.
Great and respectfull workplace with amazing people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 1, 2013
Pros: get to work at various different jobs and learn new skills
Cons: not enought hours or work
Receptionist duties as well as data entry, working at various companies and getting to work with great people. Most enjoyable part was learning new skills and different and challenging assignments.

About Manpower

Millions of men (and women) have helped power this firm to the upper echelon of the staffing industry. Doing business as ManpowerGroup, – Read more