Manpower Employee Reviews

A typical Day at Work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
Manpower was the hiring company, my job was with IBM. My day had a lot of variety. There were specific daily tasks to complete, and then a variety of other tasks that were required. The most fun was the Event planning and coordinating.
Pros
Medical Benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
3 year contract with no extension and no promise of work after thru Manpower
Mortgage processing - data entry
mortgage processing clerk (Current Employee) –  100 university ave23 January 2017
• Multi-Tasking
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Proficient in creating positive customer interactions
• great people , friendly, approchable
• fun
Pros
set schedule
Cons
no benefits
Such a fun place to work
Hawkins Cheezie Packer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 October 2016
As soon as I would arrive at the plant we would get to work with packaging. Working here is entirely a team effort, everyone works together to get the job done. The sooner we ran out the cheezies, the sooner we could get home. Everyone keeps each other busy with jokes, games and songs, at least that's how my line worked. We would work for nine or ten hours and then we would begin our clean up for our final two hours of work.My coworkers were all fantastic and enthusiastic, I did not dread going to work. It was both a fast and slow paced job.
Pros
paid lunches, lots of breaks, great people to work with
Cons
long hours, standing for long periods of time
The environment of the Placements
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 February 2017
I was lucky, I had people fortunately, who knew I was skilled and appreciated it. I was assigned to the same company for many years consistently. I was treated as an equal for the most part. The exception being the pay. After all the years, I made less money per hour doing the same job that I did when I began. But the work environment made it worth it.

But at other assignments, It was made very clear, you were to be seen and not heard. You probably worked harder, put in more hours and got in trouble for things that had nothing to do with you and you had little protections because if you injured yourself or found fundamental problems needing to be addressed, if you spoke up you were replaced. But bills still had to be paid so the work, although severely under appreciated, was there and still needed to be done.
Pros
The great employers and consistent work for the most part
Cons
The not great employers, the treatment at some placements and the pay.
Great way to find jobs near by
Administrative assistant/ Event assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2017
Manpower is a great place to go when looking for a position that suits your interests. Management are awesome people that are fun and outgoing. Sometimes there are lots of jobs and sometimes there isn't but they are always on top of letting you know when there is.
First Temp Job and Last
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2016
Place: opening of large big box store (construction in progress)You're replaceable!!! That was the feeling I Had first day on the job. Watching the zombie like temp workers, glazed eyes, non existent smiles was comparable to sweat shop conditions in a third world country. As I met my HITLER like supervisor I knew I was in for a experience like no other!! So being a trooper I braced myself and hoped my first impression was hopefully wrong. Sadly my optimism did not come to light. The managers, a group of dysfunctional socially inept humans on a strange power trip. Micro-managing, belittling, talking to staff like pre school children and a dismal work environment.... Needless to say after many days of ill treatment I felt the need to stand up for myself and told the supervisor I will not tolerate her regime of terror and disrespectful behaviour, thus ending a horrible temp job.
Pros
Manpower returns e-mails quickly
Cons
Unpredictable, poor pay, poor treatment on assignment
a good place for work with fun and peace
Production and forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 January 2017
i had always looking for fun peace environment
i learned so many things like whims and about tgd .
and the management was so good to help each other
and specialty about the training session was really good.
Locate Employment
WareHouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 February 2017
Manpower is a fantastic place to work with, they really locate your needs in sense of where you would like to be in carrier or job wise. The update you on a regular basis to find out how you are doing and if they are other opportunity that may interests.
They also seem to locate work quickly which is rare for most agencies.
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
jobs found are low pay
Not much to say for now
Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 November 2016
I had found manpower to hire when necessary and also ready to let go when not needed.

They are ready to help and always get in touch with you when there is an opportunity or opening.

So far so good.
Pros
ALWAYS CALLING
Cons
NO JOB SECURITY
Worked with them for over 6 months got 1 job for 1 day.
On call worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 December 2016
Not reliable at all I got one offer for an 8 hours shift at a factory and that's it only 1 job offer in 6 months. That's ridiculous the hardest part about working with manpower was getting a hold of them to ask if they had any opening it was always the same thing, leave a message, 4 days later they call you back just to say that they didn't have anything.
good
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2016
a good place to work, in general. There is much job and personnel diversity at the project I was assigned to. There is a tendency for management to provide a somewhat hostile environment to work in though.
good to work with
Furniture Installation at Supreme Basics (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 January 2017
worked only short time, find me work fast and always nice and easy to deal with, was low pay but depends on contract and with who
it was a good place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
getting ready to start the day off with getting instructions from the foreman and be willing to do everything and anything that they asked of me......
Pros
long lunches
Cons
almost fell off the building that day
An agency to look up to when looking for a job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
Very nice staff at the agency. I had the opportunity to work for CROSSMARK through the agency. I would definitely recommend this agency to anyone looking for a job.
Job and workplace - great. Manpower - horrible employer!
data entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 December 2015
Really enjoyed job and workplace. Not at all imporessed with Manpower! Terrible associate service. Not in it for their employees AT ALL! Minimal benefits; NO bereavment; low pay, terrible employee support. As long as they get you a job and get their cut, that's what they're in it for.
Pros
a job
Cons
poor benefits, no bereavement, low pay, terrible employee support
Need an office in Welland, even a monthly office.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON22 October 2016
was last employed with Manpower many years ago and found them, helpful, but wish they had an office in Welland.
enjoyed being part of the company
Pros
Friendly, helpful online
Cons
needing a ride to the office
Great people
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
Excellent environment, encouraging people, great company to work with, many things you can learn in short time and also can develop skills and experience.
productive
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, Otago16 November 2016
Factory work, got to know a lot of nice people. The work was good they treated us well learned a lot about the right way to do things, to keep the quality up and the injuries down.
it was good
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 November 2016
I would have loved to stay here but they didn't have work for me as they are a temp place. it was good, like i said more jobs would be great but no job,
Pros
great people
Cons
no work
Great company to work for
SORTER/RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 September 2016
Manpower is a great company to work for. They get you work right away when needing it. They are fast at getting back by email. I would recommend this Manpower to manpower looking for work.