Manpower Employee Reviews in Canada

Job and workplace - great. Manpower - horrible employer!
data entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2015
Really enjoyed job and workplace. Not at all imporessed with Manpower! Terrible associate service. Not in it for their employees AT ALL! Minimal benefits; NO bereavment; low pay, terrible employee support. As long as they get you a job and get their cut, that's what they're in it for.
Pros
a job
Cons
poor benefits, no bereavement, low pay, terrible employee support
Overall good work place
Temporary Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 8, 2016
Most of the time you would get called about a week in advance of any job opportunities, but would sometimes get a surprise phone call at 5:30 in the morning needing an emergency replacement for __________ company for 7:00am. Management was always very helpful and tried to work around your schedule for days you were scheduled, and tried to give all their workers equal opportunities. After two summers at this company, depending on the location i was called to work at I began to recognize many of my colleagues, and everyone is very friendly.
Overall a good work place to consider if you're looking for an on-call/part time job working about 3-5 days a week, with some variety in job assignments.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Little diversity in job opportunities
They are very good at what they do and certainly supplied me with employment on a regular basis up till now
Labourer, line worker, order picker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 19, 2016
Manpower is an agency that supplies workers on a temporary basis to companies they have agreements with As such my contact with Manpower while I was working would be minimal as my daily work contact was with the companies Manpower had contracts with. Overall I am happy with the jobs they found for me and they companies I worked with through them were very fair in any dealings I had with them.
Pros
Manpower has access to jobs that I cannot access
Cons
They were temporary assignments with no real possibility for full time positions
Unprofessional agency
Recruit for office position (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 26, 2016
I have 1 word for this agency. Unprofessional.

Dealing with this company has been a hassle that is not worth it.
Reaching the recruiter that gave me a call has been impossible.
I attempted 5 calls and every time the recruit was "busy" and I was told to call back in 20 minutes. Which the recruit was also busy 20 minutes later.

After 4 hours attempting to reach the recruiter I left my callback number with the receptionist.
I understand that people can be busy, but still no call back after 1 week.

If this recruiter is not decent enough to give a call back. It is not worth your time.
Cons
Unprofessional
Terrible to work for
grounds maintnance (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONDecember 3, 2015
Terrible company to work for. They pay you nothing, make you work harder then your pay grade, no job security, no help from office. Would not recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Cheap
Productive and fun workplace environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJune 4, 2016
Pre-screening candidates and filling them in for our available assignments listed on our job boards is a typical day at work. I learned that there are numerous people looking for jobs and as a recruiter it is my duty to fulfill their needs as well as our companies. The most enjoyable part of the job is interviewing candidates and finding qualities that are valuable for particular positions.
Supportive
Customer Support After Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
I worked with Manpower very little with the placement I received from them. However, when I worked with them, they were supportive and would "go to bat" for me when I needed help.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
No vacation time, no benefits
Out of Temp Agencies... It's a better one, but you cant beat a full-time job
Merchandiser; Installer; Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 4, 2015
Little chance of going anywhere here... A temp job is only good for one person... A temp. Someone irresponsible. For someone looking for full time work, go find another job. While they give raises, you have no job stability and are basically transient... sent where and when they need you.
Pros
Can set your hours. Get a lot of exp in different fields.
Cons
Too difficult to settle a contract with an employer for full time work.
Manpower
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
Excellent start to my adult work life and my interest in my certification for Payroll. I learned many attributes including patients, tolerance, efficiency and handling sensitive information . Excellent team environment and training on payroll
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Contract Posistion
Typical Temp agency
Administrative Assistant / Records Management (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 28, 2016
As with any temp agency, the work varies. That being said Manpower consistently kept me busy. I would recommend them for a variety of positions.
Pros
A good way to get your foot in the door
Cons
no stability
Manpower keeps you busy
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 19, 2016
Lots of different positions available. Temp contracts may lead to full time employment. Very friendly staff. I worked for them for almost 10 years and was kept busy.
Pros
Lots of job offerings, Freindly staff
Cons
Temp work
Temporary
Hard-driven
Decent, friendly
Meeting the quotas
Talking to customers
Pros
Evening hours
Cons
Insufficient income
Good place to start
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
Although the employees of Manpower are not very good at returning messages, they do a good job of connecting you to appropriate jobs that would suit one well.
interesting and informitive
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 5, 2016
easy job work with interesting people and learned new things about the automotive industry, also jobs change frequently learning new process.
Pros
5 day week
Cons
poor image
Work shifts at companies
Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 28, 2016
Manpower hires many people, too many at times. As a worker, you must follow the company's rules and regulations at a lesser amount of pay. Generally you will have 40 hours of work, but there are times you do not.
Cons
you make the same amount of money as someone whom has been there 15 years
Administrative Assistant
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2016
- Answered incoming calls
- Supported managers with preparation of portfolios
- Managed office supplies and inventory
- Assisted with meeting preparations
Part -time help in various department at Oliveira in production
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 29, 2016
Part -time help in various department at Oliveira in production from shipping to packaging to repack products Working from 3 hours to 6 hours a day
Pros
not many hours
Cons
Not hiring full time
great work place.
Gas Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 30, 2016
enjoyed working by myself. driving long distances.
i learn how to work on a fast pace
management wise was fair
my co-workers were hard workers even though most of them did not make it untill the end.
hardest part of the job personally to me comes from driving 100 km/h when travelling far.
Pros
bounces
Cons
no over time
Manpower was a great experiance
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
The skills and knowledge that I gained from working at Manpower ensured my success at CDI. Being directed by a different manager every 3 to 6 months taught me how to adjust to the different techniques that each manger brought to the table.
Pros
Constant learning abilities to those who pay attention
Cons
Large turn over rate
Worse place I have ever worked for - Never again
Driver trainer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AlbertaMarch 20, 2015
Mismanaged by 2 (oil and gas specialists) recruiters that don't know much but just to get bodies for commission. They take 35% of your wages for getting you a job and not doing anything to help you. Empty promises of getting on with company contracted to and that is the trap in order to get you to work for Manpower. Poor benefits. No chance for advancement.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
list too long to type