Manpower Employee Reviews in Canada

Job and workplace - great. Manpower - horrible employer!
data entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2015
Really enjoyed job and workplace. Not at all imporessed with Manpower! Terrible associate service. Not in it for their employees AT ALL! Minimal benefits; NO bereavment; low pay, terrible employee support. As long as they get you a job and get their cut, that's what they're in it for.
Pros
a job
Cons
poor benefits, no bereavement, low pay, terrible employee support
Overall good work place
Temporary Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 8, 2016
Most of the time you would get called about a week in advance of any job opportunities, but would sometimes get a surprise phone call at 5:30 in the morning needing an emergency replacement for __________ company for 7:00am. Management was always very helpful and tried to work around your schedule for days you were scheduled, and tried to give all their workers equal opportunities. After two summers at this company, depending on the location i was called to work at I began to recognize many of my colleagues, and everyone is very friendly.
Overall a good work place to consider if you're looking for an on-call/part time job working about 3-5 days a week, with some variety in job assignments.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Little diversity in job opportunities
Terrible to work for
grounds maintnance (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONDecember 3, 2015
Terrible company to work for. They pay you nothing, make you work harder then your pay grade, no job security, no help from office. Would not recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Cheap
Supportive
Customer Support After Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2015
I worked with Manpower very little with the placement I received from them. However, when I worked with them, they were supportive and would "go to bat" for me when I needed help.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
No vacation time, no benefits
They are very good at what they do and certainly supplied me with employment on a regular basis up till now
Labourer, line worker, order picker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 19, 2016
Manpower is an agency that supplies workers on a temporary basis to companies they have agreements with As such my contact with Manpower while I was working would be minimal as my daily work contact was with the companies Manpower had contracts with. Overall I am happy with the jobs they found for me and they companies I worked with through them were very fair in any dealings I had with them.
Pros
Manpower has access to jobs that I cannot access
Cons
They were temporary assignments with no real possibility for full time positions
Unprofessional agency
Recruit for office position (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 26, 2016
I have 1 word for this agency. Unprofessional.

Dealing with this company has been a hassle that is not worth it.
Reaching the recruiter that gave me a call has been impossible.
I attempted 5 calls and every time the recruit was "busy" and I was told to call back in 20 minutes. Which the recruit was also busy 20 minutes later.

After 4 hours attempting to reach the recruiter I left my callback number with the receptionist.
I understand that people can be busy, but still no call back after 1 week.

If this recruiter is not decent enough to give a call back. It is not worth your time.
Cons
Unprofessional
Out of Temp Agencies... It's a better one, but you cant beat a full-time job
Merchandiser; Installer; Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 4, 2015
Little chance of going anywhere here... A temp job is only good for one person... A temp. Someone irresponsible. For someone looking for full time work, go find another job. While they give raises, you have no job stability and are basically transient... sent where and when they need you.
Pros
Can set your hours. Get a lot of exp in different fields.
Cons
Too difficult to settle a contract with an employer for full time work.
great work place.
Gas Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 30, 2016
enjoyed working by myself. driving long distances.
i learn how to work on a fast pace
management wise was fair
my co-workers were hard workers even though most of them did not make it untill the end.
hardest part of the job personally to me comes from driving 100 km/h when travelling far.
Pros
bounces
Cons
no over time
fun at work place
Pizzetta Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  kuwaitDecember 11, 2015
management has to look for opportunity to improve peoples performance and create a career path. security of the job is not reliable at all.
Worked with US MNC: Manpower Group, India
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  New DelhiNovember 22, 2015
I worked with Manpower Group for 2 years and have learned a lot. It has an excellent work environment with a lot of nice colleagues always ready to help. It’s an employee centric organization. Work culture is easy and fun. It’s a perfect place for personal growth. I could manage Work/ Life balance very easily. It also gave me an exposure in terms of handling international clients. There has been various training workshops to develop our skills.
Worse place I have ever worked for - Never again
Driver trainer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AlbertaMarch 20, 2015
Mismanaged by 2 (oil and gas specialists) recruiters that don't know much but just to get bodies for commission. They take 35% of your wages for getting you a job and not doing anything to help you. Empty promises of getting on with company contracted to and that is the trap in order to get you to work for Manpower. Poor benefits. No chance for advancement.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
list too long to type
Manpower was a great experiance
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
The skills and knowledge that I gained from working at Manpower ensured my success at CDI. Being directed by a different manager every 3 to 6 months taught me how to adjust to the different techniques that each manger brought to the table.
Pros
Constant learning abilities to those who pay attention
Cons
Large turn over rate
Work shifts at companies
Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 28, 2016
Manpower hires many people, too many at times. As a worker, you must follow the company's rules and regulations at a lesser amount of pay. Generally you will have 40 hours of work, but there are times you do not.
Cons
you make the same amount of money as someone whom has been there 15 years
Manpower
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
Excellent start to my adult work life and my interest in my certification for Payroll. I learned many attributes including patients, tolerance, efficiency and handling sensitive information . Excellent team environment and training on payroll
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Contract Posistion
Part -time help in various department at Oliveira in production
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 29, 2016
Part -time help in various department at Oliveira in production from shipping to packaging to repack products Working from 3 hours to 6 hours a day
Pros
not many hours
Cons
Not hiring full time
Gives me work experience
Production Worker/Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 13, 2016
I took the position at Manpower as I need an income and at the time they gave me the work experience and know how of positions I did enjoy.
Pros
different placement
Cons
At times I didnt have any work to do or go to.
New Experience
Recruiter/Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 22, 2016
I had a successful internship with Manpower and built great colleagues and friends. Which lead me to a brief term at the Nike Factory where I was an Inventory Specialist for a short time. It was a very interesting and new work experience.
Pros
Good breaks and easy work
Cons
not secure at all.
Productive and fun
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 15, 2016
Love working for Manpower, just looking to have a stable consistent placemat.
Every location I have went to has been great and I have learned a lot for skill experience.
Staff is very friendly
Friendly temp agency
Temp (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
Approachable agents. They really wanted to get to know what kind of job I was looking for and where my skills were. Useful training available.
Pros
Competent agents
Cons
Length of contracts was unpredictable
Wonderful
Temporary Administrative Assistant Assignments (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
Great Recruiters, good contracts, wonderful company, assisted me in my job search. All around a positive experience. Would recommend Manpower to anyone!