Manpower
3,668 reviews

Manpower Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, Ont.July 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches about once a month
Cons: no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that – more... was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being. – less
Not that bad but hard work
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 28, 2014
Atypical day at work was sign in wait for the managers and get to work. Then break work Break work then It was time to go home.
I learned of to clean machinery and the value of lock boxes.
My co workers were fun and energetic people.
The hardest part of the job was using the microwaves.
The most enjoyable was seeing all the machines shiny from doing – more... a good job. – less
fast paced
Administrative/Labourer (Former Employee), London,ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible
great co-workers, management, learned multiple jobs, enjoyable people to work with, positive environment.
nice, clean ,environment at work
Order Picker & Packer (Current Employee), North York, ONJuly 17, 2014
Pros: work in a clean environment
Cons: nothing
management very nice. will to achive fast work environment, supportive management.
good place to work
Office Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 3, 2014
good place to work offer a variety of temp and perm roles. ==================================================================================
tax paperwork
préposée à la classification des taxes fédérales (Former Employee), Windsor, Connecticut United StatesJune 16, 2014
would open mail and sort tax information in different catagories. Then they would later be further classified to send to government.
Horrible experience with staff member
Prospective Employment (Former Employee), AlbertaJune 9, 2014
I had a horrible experience with one of staffing advisers. She was an incredibly rude lady, treated me like dirt. I understand I am applying for an entry level position, however this does not give you an excuse to treat someone as if they are worthless.

Very turned off about dealing with Manpower, I am still shocked by what has transpired.
A good experience.
Temp Employee (Former Employee), Red Deer, AbApril 29, 2014
Pros: professional
Cons: lack of communication at times
It was a good beginning with Manpower and was happy that they helped me get my foot into multiple jobs , mostly in relation with Nova Plant , in Joffre, Ab. Wasn't to please with how they contacted me or handled information. I felt like i was jumping through some hoops until they found what i needed. They were kind and professional overall.
manpower
General Labourer (Current Employee), Saint John, NBApril 28, 2014
I learn building boxes, stocking shelves, leading teams in unloading vehicles and setting up equipment for events
The best school for HR
HR Consultant (Former Employee), Ploiesti, PHApril 3, 2014
Check email
Set business meeting
Set interview
Meeting and interviews
Learn about high level recruitment
Sales services
Worst Agency around (Alberta franchise)
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary,ABApril 3, 2014
Cons: everything
Horrendous management, their "Oil&Gas" division is a complete JOKE. Starting from the CEO to mid level management this place is so disorganized and will never be taken seriously due to the incompetent management team that does not know how to lead a group.
always on call
Labourer (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours and on called
I worked hard at this company , and long hours , and hard work for low pay
Very friendly and welcoming place to work.
Verification Clerk / Data Entry (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: location
I work for one of the major Canadian Banks, via Manpower, and absolutely love my job! If I weren't moving, I imagine I'd be staying for many years to come.
first experience of human resource industry
Project Trainee (Former Employee), indiaMarch 18, 2014
*helped in building confidence
*gained knowledge about different industries
*supervised by very good boss
* open work culture
*very friendly co-workers
I was contracted to work for TEAM Solutions at Invista
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: loooong breaks
Cons: too many rules with zero tolerance for any kind of safety breach, including spitting on a dirty factory floor because you, ve got some grime in your mouth
The position was Industrial Cleaner...it was great, but I lost my job there because my supervisors gave me bad directions to the smoking area and I was booted off site for smoking in the wrong place. They cost me my job there making $600/week and never even took responsibility for it, even though they told me to go there! I should have ratted them out – more... because while I was getting in trouble they were siting in the vehicles smoking in the parking lot...a big no-no! I could have joined them in their vehicle and not been caught lol. BUT, I was trying to do the right thing. It definitely backfired on me! – less
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Manpower were able to find me a suitable job in a timely fashion. They had good communication with me and their client.
Good all around
Great interaction
Pipe fitter (Former Employee), Edmonton AB.February 12, 2014
Pros: great personal interaction
Cons: manpower has seems to no longer have conections in the oil secter
Manpower was a great asset as they had kept me busy and constantly employed, for aproximately 1.5 yrs in the oil/gas industry.
productive and fun
Labourer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: paid lunch beaks
Cons: long hours
Great place to work, met alot of good people. Gained alot of knowledge of different jobs and tasks.
productive and fun co-workers
Quality Parts Inspector for Honda of Canada (Former Employee), Alliston ontarioJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: shift work
working shift work
would come to work get protective wear on, go to work station.
when product was delivered we would inspect the quality and if their was damages. they would tell us ahead of time would to look for.

Management were great, team leader was amazing. very friendly and caring.

Co-workers were the best, made the job enjoyable.

hardest – more... part of job was that it was shift work.

enjoyable part was co-workers. – less
Fun enviroment to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), tracadieJanuary 27, 2014
I will arrived at work will open all my tool and then connect to the phone and received call from people that would like to make arrangement with the account to not have the power cut off.

1 2 3 4 5

About Manpower

Millions of men (and women) have helped power this firm to the upper echelon of the staffing industry. Doing business as ManpowerGroup, – Read more