Manpower Employee Reviews in Canada

Unprofessional agency
Recruit for office position (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 26, 2016
I have 1 word for this agency. Unprofessional.

Dealing with this company has been a hassle that is not worth it.
Reaching the recruiter that gave me a call has been impossible.
I attempted 5 calls and every time the recruit was "busy" and I was told to call back in 20 minutes. Which the recruit was also busy 20 minutes later.

After 4 hours attempting to reach the recruiter I left my callback number with the receptionist.
I understand that people can be busy, but still no call back after 1 week.

If this recruiter is not decent enough to give a call back. It is not worth your time.
Cons
Unprofessional
They are very good at what they do and certainly supplied me with employment on a regular basis up till now
Labourer, line worker, order picker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 19, 2016
Manpower is an agency that supplies workers on a temporary basis to companies they have agreements with As such my contact with Manpower while I was working would be minimal as my daily work contact was with the companies Manpower had contracts with. Overall I am happy with the jobs they found for me and they companies I worked with through them were very fair in any dealings I had with them.
Pros
Manpower has access to jobs that I cannot access
Cons
They were temporary assignments with no real possibility for full time positions
Manpower
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
Excellent start to my adult work life and my interest in my certification for Payroll. I learned many attributes including patients, tolerance, efficiency and handling sensitive information . Excellent team environment and training on payroll
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Contract Posistion
Part -time help in various department at Oliveira in production
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 29, 2016
Part -time help in various department at Oliveira in production from shipping to packaging to repack products Working from 3 hours to 6 hours a day
Pros
not many hours
Cons
Not hiring full time
Employment office
Opérateur (Former Employee) –  MontealApril 22, 2016
Professional company who are honest and fair with their candidates
Not enough contact with them to give more informations
Wonderful
Temporary Administrative Assistant Assignments (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
Great Recruiters, good contracts, wonderful company, assisted me in my job search. All around a positive experience. Would recommend Manpower to anyone!
Productive and fun
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 15, 2016
Love working for Manpower, just looking to have a stable consistent placemat.
Every location I have went to has been great and I have learned a lot for skill experience.
Staff is very friendly
Gives me work experience
Production Worker/Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 13, 2016
I took the position at Manpower as I need an income and at the time they gave me the work experience and know how of positions I did enjoy.
Pros
different placement
Cons
At times I didnt have any work to do or go to.
Friendly temp agency
Temp (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
Approachable agents. They really wanted to get to know what kind of job I was looking for and where my skills were. Useful training available.
Pros
Competent agents
Cons
Length of contracts was unpredictable
Excellent team Group
Trilingual Service Centre Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMarch 28, 2016
Even though the working hours were hard, the great team group, the co-workers and the Branch Manager made it worth it. They were a great inspiration.
Work shifts at companies
Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 28, 2016
Manpower hires many people, too many at times. As a worker, you must follow the company's rules and regulations at a lesser amount of pay. Generally you will have 40 hours of work, but there are times you do not.
Cons
you make the same amount of money as someone whom has been there 15 years
Overall good work place
Temporary Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 8, 2016
Most of the time you would get called about a week in advance of any job opportunities, but would sometimes get a surprise phone call at 5:30 in the morning needing an emergency replacement for __________ company for 7:00am. Management was always very helpful and tried to work around your schedule for days you were scheduled, and tried to give all their workers equal opportunities. After two summers at this company, depending on the location i was called to work at I began to recognize many of my colleagues, and everyone is very friendly.
Overall a good work place to consider if you're looking for an on-call/part time job working about 3-5 days a week, with some variety in job assignments.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Little diversity in job opportunities
Manpower was a great experiance
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
The skills and knowledge that I gained from working at Manpower ensured my success at CDI. Being directed by a different manager every 3 to 6 months taught me how to adjust to the different techniques that each manger brought to the table.
Pros
Constant learning abilities to those who pay attention
Cons
Large turn over rate
Great People
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
I'd be more than happy to give a review in person, however not at this time. Feel free to ask, at a later date.

Corrie Wallace
great work place.
Gas Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 30, 2016
enjoyed working by myself. driving long distances.
i learn how to work on a fast pace
management wise was fair
my co-workers were hard workers even though most of them did not make it untill the end.
hardest part of the job personally to me comes from driving 100 km/h when travelling far.
Pros
bounces
Cons
no over time
Great Community of People
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2016
Manpower has good people working for them making an overall positive working environment. They have a high standard for safety for all internal and external employees.
New Experience
Recruiter/Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 22, 2016
I had a successful internship with Manpower and built great colleagues and friends. Which lead me to a brief term at the Nike Factory where I was an Inventory Specialist for a short time. It was a very interesting and new work experience.
Pros
Good breaks and easy work
Cons
not secure at all.
Able to move within company
Customer Service Duties (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJanuary 14, 2016
This job was great! They always trained you when you needed improvements in some areas. Getting to and from work was not an issue. You mostly worked alone, which was good for me. You had the best hours because the students needed the evening jobs.
Pros
The hours
great veriaty of work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 3, 2016
get to work at many different types of work. I have worked for ice cream manufacturers, three different plastic plants, book manufacture, pet store, zinc factory. really flexible hours.
Pros
flexable hours
Great temp company
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 26, 2015
Manpower from what I understand has a health care plan the wages are good only down side is it is temporary work but once a contract end usually they will getting you working in a day or less.
Cons
Random locations, no job stability