Manpower

Manpower Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, Reliant Company with friendly recruiters
Administrative Project Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great place to start off in the workforce, excellent company to gain work experience and business knowledge, a good place for a career change, there are many opportunities to choose from, good place to re-enter the workforce.
Cons: schedule work sometimes with too many or not enough hours.
I worked scheduled shift work for one year in an inbound call centre the hours were sometimes too long or not enough but since the Manpower recruiter knew I had other useful computer skills I was relocated from a temp position to a temp-permanent position within the same company which helped me get my foot in the door to begin my career within one of Alberta's top companies.

I have learned excellent communication skills - written and verbal, and expertise level in planning, organizing and prioritizing work load. I had a dynamic team to work with from Management to my assistant and other staff. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the problem assessment and problem solving which took some overtime but with consulting co-workers for help the job was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and feeling like you are part of a team with the entire company.

Manpower is an excellent company to work for whether its temp, temp-perm, or permanent.
Great workplace, however mostly temporary positions
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2013
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: some frigid days, and some blistering days. on site office in a trailer so sometimes technology did not work.
I worked eight hour days starting early in the morning. I would record attendance, get signatures for completed work to fax to the head office.

I learned that work orders that were more detailed were easier to get signatures for and those that were vague often were questioned and needed to be resubmitted.

Due to the scheduling of the various companies on the site it became difficult to find the project managers for the various companies depending on the phase of development the site was in.

I had to walk from one end of the construction site to the other. It was the first time I had to wear a hard hat and safety boots to do office work and I got to see the tradesmen as they worked, and they were all in tip top physical shape. There was an atmosphere of mutual respect that made everyone feel appreciated.
I was contracted to work for TEAM Solutions at Invista
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: loooong breaks
Cons: too many rules with zero tolerance for any kind of safety breach, including spitting on a dirty factory floor because you, ve got some grime in your mouth
The position was Industrial Cleaner...it was great, but I lost my job there because my supervisors gave me bad directions to the smoking area and I was booted off site for smoking in the wrong place. They cost me my job there making $600/week and never even took responsibility for it, even though they told me to go there! I should have ratted them out because while I was getting in trouble they were siting in the vehicles smoking in the parking lot...a big no-no! I could have joined them in their vehicle and not been caught lol. BUT, I was trying to do the right thing. It definitely backfired on me!
I like the workplace and the people around are all nice
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bay Street, TorontoNovember 16, 2012
We ususally receive calls from existing clients to follow up their account balance and to do more transactions we have to assist them since most of the account we handle are all business accounts. What I really learned from this job, since everything should kept confidential you need a double care especially the fax numbers you are sending out. Clients have differenet personalities so I learned to get along with clients to manage their differences even just talking over the phone you should know how to manage their needs in order to satisfy them. My co-workers are very helpful, they try their best to help you, and they consider the team as one family. I really enjoyed this job you just know how to discipline yourself on how to be positive despite of difficulties you get from customers.
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, Ont.July 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches about once a month
Cons: no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being.
A safe, excellent, and enjoyable workplace
General Assembler (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2014
I have learned many things like Behavior Based Safety i.e BBS and use to help people when they need any help regarding about safety.
we have also thought Near Miss i.e if u see some things r fallen down n nobody sees we have to pick it up if u saw right away so that no body is injured . i had learnt packaging how to do how much quantity goes in shipper sometimes with our co-workers we learnt some new things from them what r things we r packaging n where it is shipping how many days it will take to reach to that countries. and we have lots of fun during the job too.
Temp Service
Production Labor (Former Employee), Alliston, ONDecember 7, 2012
Pros: salary, employee discounts, and family functions, great benifits
Cons: the commute
You worked as a temp, so you never knew untill you called in or untill you recieved a call telling you to go into work. Sometimes if the company liked you, they would keep you on. so there was some security and room for advancement with Manpower. I also like how they were flexable with shifts.
I learned how to make cars, how a factory operates and how it is all a team effort.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of my job was the rotation is shifts, took some time to get use to it.
The most enjoyable part was....THE PAY..
great agency
Walkie Operator, General Labour (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMay 15, 2012
Pros: job assignments
Cons: completed job assignments
My day at work though this agency was every good and was assign to my tasks during the day at work. I have learned lots of knowledge within this agency and the management of the job assignments were nice like the staffing consultants at this agency. My co-workers were very nice as well you do have those that think they are all that but you get them in all companies. The hardest part of job is leaving the job because of assignment completed and waiting for a new job assignment. The most enjoyable pat of the job is working at matrix as a walkie operator and a general labour at Carquest and getting a full time permanent job with them after the assignment was finished.
Working with good people,team work makes a job easier.
Construction Labourer- fencing and roofing (Current Employee), Edmonton,ABMay 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch every friday
Cons: more overtime
I did enjoy most of my time when I used to work at Rojal Glenora Club our Staff had great people,Hardworking individuals,co operating with each other and serving our costomers to the best of our ability.I really never had the hardest part but there were times that sometimes the management called us unexpected to come work during our vacation but it was all fun.
Manpower not what it seems
Temp Agent (Current Employee), MonctonFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: friendly boss
Cons: no work
They do there best to find work but you can go months at a time to only work maybe a week and when they find nothing they throw you towards Speilos production line work and the management at Speilo treats you with disrespect and would terminate your contract if you sneezed the wrong way and once that happens manpower doesnt seem to go out of there way to find you work. I will say pay was descent and my agent lead manager was helpful within her power of course.
C.I.B.C was the placement
Investigations Officer (Former Employee), torontoAugust 7, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: distance
I worked for several departments and learned a great deal from each one of them.

Visa department: took calls from clients and merchants about Visa cards and activities, making sure there was no fraud involved. Inbound call center.

E.F.T. dept.: investigated and returned, when needed funds that were sent electronically in error to wrong accounts. Inbound call center.

Visa Ins.: took calls and answered questions about products that best suited the client. Inbound call center.

I enjoyed working in all these departments.
Out of Temp Agencies... It's a better one, but you cant beat a full-time job
Merchandiser; Installer; Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Can set your hours. Get a lot of exp in different fields.
Cons: Too difficult to settle a contract with an employer for full time work.
Little chance of going anywhere here... A temp job is only good for one person... A temp. Someone irresponsible. For someone looking for full time work, go find another job. While they give raises, you have no job stability and are basically transient... sent where and when they need you.
Worse place I have ever worked for - Never again
Driver trainer (Former Employee), Airdrie, AlbertaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: list too long to type
Mismanaged by 2 (oil and gas specialists) recruiters that don't know much but just to get bodies for commission. They take 35% of your wages for getting you a job and not doing anything to help you. Empty promises of getting on with company contracted to and that is the trap in order to get you to work for Manpower. Poor benefits. No chance for advancement.
easy going workplace
Part quality/ Logistics (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMay 20, 2013
Pros: 30 minutes for lunch
Cons: long hours 9 hour days.
Checking the same parts for 8 hours roughly 30 parts every 30 minutes or as material services deliver parts I would set them in an easy access way so the can continue production.
attention to detail , time management (keeping busy),
the co-workers were great , people are very nice easygoing
the hardest part of the job was keeping busy with minimal things to do.
everything else was quite enjoyable
Worked with US MNC: Manpower Group, India
Associate Consultant (Former Employee), New DelhiNovember 22, 2015
I worked with Manpower Group for 2 years and have learned a lot. It has an excellent work environment with a lot of nice colleagues always ready to help. It’s an employee centric organization. Work culture is easy and fun. It’s a perfect place for personal growth. I could manage Work/ Life balance very easily. It also gave me an exposure in terms of handling international clients. There has been various training workshops to develop our skills.
Office Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara regionOctober 21, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: minimal work at minimal pay
Was sent on jobs that were not appropriate for my skills. I was sent to factories and industrial settings when my background was clearly in an office setting. Was sent to work with the worst employers in the area with terrible labour relations backgrounds. The last employer I had with Manpower did it for me. I received very little training and was unsupported. I obtained employment elsewhere. This employment agency is not suited to white collar workers!!
unrealistic goal expectations and ZERO support
Recruiter - Oil and Gas (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 12, 2012
Overall the company is a complete joke. Incompetent managers are left to run an organization that sets unrealistic goals in order to make themselves more money. COMPLETELY profit driven with little to no guidance or support. Ask any former employee of Manpower and see what their experience was like, I can bet it will all be the same.

November 10, 2012

Be warned - Never work long for a temp company if your serious about working long term. The longer you stay - the harder it will be to have a good resume. I recall staying in Manpower temp position for a few years, when it ended, I couldnt reach any support from Manpower to continue employment, was left to "twist in the wind". Cheers

Good site leadership
Parts Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Alliston, ONJuly 14, 2015
Cons: Low pay
Manpower was a okay company to work for on the smaller local plant level! Being at Honda I learned lots from my time there! lots of issues with Office and the onsite supervisor and barrie branch manager! Co workers were great and still good friends with a few of them! Hardest part of the job was waiting for the parts to arrive lineside, and the most enjoyable part was the Parts quality people form honda!
A temporary employee
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 9, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no consistent job
A typical day as did my responsibilities at work varied every single time I had a position because I worked as temporary employee. So where I worked would differ with each assignment. Management also differed with each assignment as did the co-workers, and what a typical day was. It just depended on what the client needed. What I learned was how to be incredibly flexible, go with the flow, learn how to adjust to new and different environments.
great work place.
Gas Technician (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: bounces
Cons: no over time
enjoyed working by myself. driving long distances.
i learn how to work on a fast pace
management wise was fair
my co-workers were hard workers even though most of them did not make it untill the end.
hardest part of the job personally to me comes from driving 100 km/h when travelling far.
Revenue