Manpower
4,242 reviews

Manpower Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excavator Operator Hitachi (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayDecember 1, 2014
Dredge and dewater ponds at Suncor. Keep detailed records for Suncor. Run and maintain pumps, adjust hoses. Keep detailed paper work each day. Daily checks and maintainance on excavator.
Production
Line production Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2014
I have learn best quality assurance and work with team to full fill the task on time. Gives smart ideas for quality assurance and fast work process.Management always support and gives friendly environment to employees.It was my great experience for recognition as gives smart ideas regarding company's product and i appreciate.
Skill driven work environment.
General labour/Gas Heater Inspector (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 17, 2014
Very skill driven work environment. While being new to this field I was opened up to meeting great skilled people who taught me many skills I was unaware of. I learned about how different gas operates and how different construction gas heaters work. While performing daily general labour duties, I was ensured proper safety methods.
Manpower Red Deer
contract worker (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 2, 2014
Pros: all
Cons: contract work
Excellent
Excellent
Excellent!!
Very professional. .weekly pay..online access to pay information. .and someone always available to talk to when you call even though they are very busy
Office Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara regionOctober 21, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: minimal work at minimal pay
Was sent on jobs that were not appropriate for my skills. I was sent to factories and industrial settings when my background was clearly in an office setting. Was sent to work with the worst employers in the area with terrible labour relations backgrounds. The last employer I had with Manpower did it for me. I received very little training and was unsupported. – more... I obtained employment elsewhere. This employment agency is not suited to white collar workers!! – less
Office Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara regionOctober 21, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: minimal work at minimal pay
Recruitment
Professional Generalist Recruiter (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: great branch manager
It is a Fortune 500 company that is Global. It has great benefits and incentives for the right person. It is busy and you can be productive. You can achieve your goal if you focus on your placements and you can be successful.
Wonderful chance to experience various job areas.
Contract worker (Former Employee), area wideOctober 14, 2014
Various jobs throughout Washington from labor to warehouse. I learned a multitude of tasks. management was friendly and amazing. co-workers were diverse and generally good company. The hardest part of the job had to do with my personal circumstances not the job itself. the most enjoyable part was the different tasks i was given to accomplish.
Productive, Reliant Company with friendly recruiters
Administrative Project Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great place to start off in the workforce, excellent company to gain work experience and business knowledge, a good place for a career change, there are many opportunities to choose from, good place to re-enter the workforce.
Cons: schedule work sometimes with too many or not enough hours.
I worked scheduled shift work for one year in an inbound call centre the hours were sometimes too long or not enough but since the Manpower recruiter knew I had other useful computer skills I was relocated from a temp position to a temp-permanent position within the same company which helped me get my foot in the door to begin my career within one of – more... Alberta's top companies.

I have learned excellent communication skills - written and verbal, and expertise level in planning, organizing and prioritizing work load. I had a dynamic team to work with from Management to my assistant and other staff. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the problem assessment and problem solving which took some overtime but with consulting co-workers for help the job was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and feeling like you are part of a team with the entire company.

Manpower is an excellent company to work for whether its temp, temp-perm, or permanent. – less
Professional and Safe work place
General Labor (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Manpower provides its employees a safe and professional work environment.
Manpower
Clerical Support (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: hours, pay
Cons: nothing full time
incredible people to work with, great incentives and pay
I worked with them on contracts for 5 years, and would still be with them if they offered full time
A very professional team.
Temp job (Former Employee), BarrieAugust 31, 2014
Manpower has been very helpful & supportive. They care about there employee's. I would highly recommend them.
Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 6, 2014
Cons: no job security
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee – more... - not just filling a space. – less
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, Ont.July 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches about once a month
Cons: no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that – more... was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being. – less
Not that bad but hard work
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 28, 2014
Atypical day at work was sign in wait for the managers and get to work. Then break work Break work then It was time to go home.
I learned of to clean machinery and the value of lock boxes.
My co workers were fun and energetic people.
The hardest part of the job was using the microwaves.
The most enjoyable was seeing all the machines shiny from doing – more... a good job. – less
fast paced
Administrative/Labourer (Former Employee), London,ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible
great co-workers, management, learned multiple jobs, enjoyable people to work with, positive environment.
nice, clean ,environment at work
Order Picker & Packer (Current Employee), North York, ONJuly 17, 2014
Pros: work in a clean environment
Cons: nothing
management very nice. will to achive fast work environment, supportive management.
good place to work
Office Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 3, 2014
good place to work offer a variety of temp and perm roles. ==================================================================================
Horrible experience with staff member
Prospective Employment (Former Employee), AlbertaJune 9, 2014
I had a horrible experience with one of staffing advisers. She was an incredibly rude lady, treated me like dirt. I understand I am applying for an entry level position, however this does not give you an excuse to treat someone as if they are worthless.

Very turned off about dealing with Manpower, I am still shocked by what has transpired.
A good experience.
Temp Employee (Former Employee), Red Deer, AbApril 29, 2014
Pros: professional
Cons: lack of communication at times
It was a good beginning with Manpower and was happy that they helped me get my foot into multiple jobs , mostly in relation with Nova Plant , in Joffre, Ab. Wasn't to please with how they contacted me or handled information. I felt like i was jumping through some hoops until they found what i needed. They were kind and professional overall.

1 2 3 4 5

About Manpower

Manpower is devoted to enriching the lives of those through meaningful employment opportunities and focuses on future advancement. – Read more