Manpower Employee Reviews

Such a fun place to work
Hawkins Cheezie Packer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 October 2016
As soon as I would arrive at the plant we would get to work with packaging. Working here is entirely a team effort, everyone works together to get the job done. The sooner we ran out the cheezies, the sooner we could get home. Everyone keeps each other busy with jokes, games and songs, at least that's how my line worked. We would work for nine or ten hours and then we would begin our clean up for our final two hours of work.My coworkers were all fantastic and enthusiastic, I did not dread going to work. It was both a fast and slow paced job.
Pros
paid lunches, lots of breaks, great people to work with
Cons
long hours, standing for long periods of time
Productive and fun workplace environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON4 June 2016
Pre-screening candidates and filling them in for our available assignments listed on our job boards is a typical day at work. I learned that there are numerous people looking for jobs and as a recruiter it is my duty to fulfill their needs as well as our companies. The most enjoyable part of the job is interviewing candidates and finding qualities that are valuable for particular positions.
First Temp Job and Last
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2016
Place: opening of large big box store (construction in progress)You're replaceable!!! That was the feeling I Had first day on the job. Watching the zombie like temp workers, glazed eyes, non existent smiles was comparable to sweat shop conditions in a third world country. As I met my HITLER like supervisor I knew I was in for a experience like no other!! So being a trooper I braced myself and hoped my first impression was hopefully wrong. Sadly my optimism did not come to light. The managers, a group of dysfunctional socially inept humans on a strange power trip. Micro-managing, belittling, talking to staff like pre school children and a dismal work environment.... Needless to say after many days of ill treatment I felt the need to stand up for myself and told the supervisor I will not tolerate her regime of terror and disrespectful behaviour, thus ending a horrible temp job.
Pros
Manpower returns e-mails quickly
Cons
Unpredictable, poor pay, poor treatment on assignment
Unprofessional agency
Recruit for office position (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 May 2016
I have 1 word for this agency. Unprofessional.

Dealing with this company has been a hassle that is not worth it.
Reaching the recruiter that gave me a call has been impossible.
I attempted 5 calls and every time the recruit was "busy" and I was told to call back in 20 minutes. Which the recruit was also busy 20 minutes later.

After 4 hours attempting to reach the recruiter I left my callback number with the receptionist.
I understand that people can be busy, but still no call back after 1 week.

If this recruiter is not decent enough to give a call back. It is not worth your time.
Cons
Unprofessional
Not much to say for now
Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 November 2016
I had found manpower to hire when necessary and also ready to let go when not needed.

They are ready to help and always get in touch with you when there is an opportunity or opening.

So far so good.
Pros
ALWAYS CALLING
Cons
NO JOB SECURITY
They are very good at what they do and certainly supplied me with employment on a regular basis up till now
Labourer, line worker, order picker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 May 2016
Manpower is an agency that supplies workers on a temporary basis to companies they have agreements with As such my contact with Manpower while I was working would be minimal as my daily work contact was with the companies Manpower had contracts with. Overall I am happy with the jobs they found for me and they companies I worked with through them were very fair in any dealings I had with them.
Pros
Manpower has access to jobs that I cannot access
Cons
They were temporary assignments with no real possibility for full time positions
Need an office in Welland, even a monthly office.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON22 October 2016
was last employed with Manpower many years ago and found them, helpful, but wish they had an office in Welland.
enjoyed being part of the company
Pros
Friendly, helpful online
Cons
needing a ride to the office
financial institution
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 September 2016
I would come in at 7 a.m. worked til 3 had my breaks alone. Did not talk to anyone just kept working, also no one talked to me. I was the temp and that is how I was treated. They had a luncheon and did not make me feel welcome to join.
Lots of time to think
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 October 2016
The job i did was very isolated, i was alone for the most of the time everyone else was old and couldn't speak proper English or to themselves so it didnt really workout cause i am a very outgoing person.
Great company to work for
SORTER/RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 September 2016
Manpower is a great company to work for. They get you work right away when needing it. They are fast at getting back by email. I would recommend this Manpower to manpower looking for work.
productive
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, Otago16 November 2016
Factory work, got to know a lot of nice people. The work was good they treated us well learned a lot about the right way to do things, to keep the quality up and the injuries down.
fairly helpfull staff
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 October 2016
staff was helpfull, workplace was inviting. i dislike how i had to call on a daily basis to find out if i was working or not, becuase there was no schedual at the factory.
Typical Temp agency
Administrative Assistant / Records Management (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 June 2016
As with any temp agency, the work varies. That being said Manpower consistently kept me busy. I would recommend them for a variety of positions.
Pros
A good way to get your foot in the door
Cons
no stability
Manpower
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
Excellent start to my adult work life and my interest in my certification for Payroll. I learned many attributes including patients, tolerance, efficiency and handling sensitive information . Excellent team environment and training on payroll
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Contract Posistion
it was good
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 November 2016
I would have loved to stay here but they didn't have work for me as they are a temp place. it was good, like i said more jobs would be great but no job,
Pros
great people
Cons
no work
Great people
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
Excellent environment, encouraging people, great company to work with, many things you can learn in short time and also can develop skills and experience.
Temporary
Hard-driven
Decent, friendly
Meeting the quotas
Talking to customers
Pros
Evening hours
Cons
Insufficient income
Work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON4 October 2016
They Found great work opportunities for me. Supplied adequate work for the summer. Recommend to others if needing. Positive and friendly, overal satisfied.
Manpower keeps you busy
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 June 2016
Lots of different positions available. Temp contracts may lead to full time employment. Very friendly staff. I worked for them for almost 10 years and was kept busy.
Pros
Lots of job offerings, Freindly staff
Cons
Temp work
Good place to start
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
Although the employees of Manpower are not very good at returning messages, they do a good job of connecting you to appropriate jobs that would suit one well.