Manpower Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Had lot of fun
Good timing
Good break time
Learned lots of good things which helped me in my career.
Workplace culture was really good.
fun workplace and productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 May 2017
fun and excellent staffs.
good working environment
safe working environment
easy going supervisors
good pay
friendly people
free lunch
very good communication
Pros
very friendly enviroment
Cons
nothing
machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON8 April 2017
overall A great place to work. had to leave due to myself moving to Alliston.

a typical day at work for myself included walking in and signing in to front office.getting changed into my work stuff. then signing into time clock and waiting for bell to start work. then we would all go to the meeting area before starting to talk about quality problems from the day before and then we would all go to our work areas and wait to be told what we were running for our shift. then we would prep our work area and start work. we had three breaks throughout our 8 hour shifts. what i liked about working here was the structure and routine we all took part in
horrible exp
Team Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2017
Staff didnt want to help relocate me to new job placement after my contract expire at my first placement. I called the office multiply times and no response from anyone.
Great job for a student.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 April 2017
They gave me close to full-time hours and treated me as an important employee for the short time I worked for them. I would recommend this job to any student looking for honest work during the summer months.
La Pire Agence
Journalier de soir (Former Employee) –  St-Hubert, QC29 March 2017
Lors de mon embauche la Dame me dit c'est du temps plein 40 heures. Lors de mon premier quart après 4 heures de travail seulement le superviseur vient me voir et me dit qu'il doit envoyer des employés chez eux car il n'y a pas assez de travail. Une vrai farce. Le superviseur me dit qu'il n'as même pas assez d'heures pour lui... Bref, à éviter!
Pros
aucun
Cons
Manque de sérieux
temp agency
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  csr barrie29 March 2017
didn't care about you at all, told you not to go in some days, payed minimum wage for over night shifts, all in all a horrible experience. don't advise ever working there unless you have to
I worked for Atco Gas Call Center
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2017
This was a long time ago, but I do believe manpower is one of the best temp agencies out there. I was employed for 18 months and got steady hours and benefits. Also some really great experience. If I needed to use a temp agency I would go back again. But not to ATCO Gas I would go to a different contract.
Pros
Great Agency
Cons
Lack of Communication
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 March 2017
No two days are ever the same. With the large number of employees and customers you deal with on a day-to-day basis, you never know what to expect. That's not including all the new employees or customers you may develop that day.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Variety
Great Company
Talent Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 March 2017
Great company to work for with a typical day that will involve full cycle recruitment, training , development, customer service, payroll , employee relations, sales and a diverse range of duties.
great company to work for
Office Receptionist and Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2017
Manpower was a great place to work, the staff was easy to deal with and I was never out of work. They placed me in jobs where I could utilize my skills while gaining new skills
Productivity
Motor Vehicle Assembler (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON1 March 2017
A typical day at work is expected to be 8 hours long shift. I did not work there for a long time since I got bored of repetition, But I did learned something, which is how cars are manufactured. If you had a problem in resolving an issue, the workers were pretty fair to help and show you exactly what you needed in order to get your task done.
Pros
8 hours shift all the time
Cons
Standing still for hours
Great way to find jobs near by
Administrative assistant/ Event assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2017
Manpower is a great place to go when looking for a position that suits your interests. Management are awesome people that are fun and outgoing. Sometimes there are lots of jobs and sometimes there isn't but they are always on top of letting you know when there is.
Locate Employment
WareHouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 February 2017
Manpower is a fantastic place to work with, they really locate your needs in sense of where you would like to be in carrier or job wise. The update you on a regular basis to find out how you are doing and if they are other opportunity that may interests.
They also seem to locate work quickly which is rare for most agencies.
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
jobs found are low pay
The environment of the Placements
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 February 2017
I was lucky, I had people fortunately, who knew I was skilled and appreciated it. I was assigned to the same company for many years consistently. I was treated as an equal for the most part. The exception being the pay. After all the years, I made less money per hour doing the same job that I did when I began. But the work environment made it worth it.

But at other assignments, It was made very clear, you were to be seen and not heard. You probably worked harder, put in more hours and got in trouble for things that had nothing to do with you and you had little protections because if you injured yourself or found fundamental problems needing to be addressed, if you spoke up you were replaced. But bills still had to be paid so the work, although severely under appreciated, was there and still needed to be done.
Pros
The great employers and consistent work for the most part
Cons
The not great employers, the treatment at some placements and the pay.
A typical Day at Work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
Manpower was the hiring company, my job was with IBM. My day had a lot of variety. There were specific daily tasks to complete, and then a variety of other tasks that were required. The most fun was the Event planning and coordinating.
Pros
Medical Benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
3 year contract with no extension and no promise of work after thru Manpower
Mortgage processing - data entry
mortgage processing clerk (Current Employee) –  100 university ave23 January 2017
• Multi-Tasking
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Proficient in creating positive customer interactions
• great people , friendly, approchable
• fun
Pros
set schedule
Cons
no benefits
good to work with
Furniture Installation at Supreme Basics (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 January 2017
worked only short time, find me work fast and always nice and easy to deal with, was low pay but depends on contract and with who
it was a good place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
getting ready to start the day off with getting instructions from the foreman and be willing to do everything and anything that they asked of me......
Pros
long lunches
Cons
almost fell off the building that day
a good place for work with fun and peace
Production and forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 January 2017
i had always looking for fun peace environment
i learned so many things like whims and about tgd .
and the management was so good to help each other
and specialty about the training session was really good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.