Manpower

Manpower Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional and Safe work place
General Labor (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Manpower provides its employees a safe and professional work environment.
Manpower
Clerical Support (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: hours, pay
Cons: nothing full time
incredible people to work with, great incentives and pay
I worked with them on contracts for 5 years, and would still be with them if they offered full time
A very professional team.
Temp job (Former Employee), BarrieAugust 31, 2014
Manpower has been very helpful & supportive. They care about there employee's. I would highly recommend them.
Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 6, 2014
Cons: no job security
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee – more... - not just filling a space. – less
Found work for me quickly, the job site however felt sexist and the hours were low/none exsistent unless they needed you to fill for someone.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, Ont.July 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches about once a month
Cons: no gaurentee on hours, or consistent schedule, management was aweful.
Manpower got me a job quickly, but the hours were none existent after my first two weeks or so, and even then the only hours I would get is from getting called in to fill for someone about 10mins before work would start.
The work place felt sexist, men would barely get any hours, and the factory would rather hire a lady off the street, then a guy that – more... was working there for 2 years or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with, management was aweful to try and talk to, they didn't care about the employees well being. – less
Not that bad but hard work
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 28, 2014
Atypical day at work was sign in wait for the managers and get to work. Then break work Break work then It was time to go home.
I learned of to clean machinery and the value of lock boxes.
My co workers were fun and energetic people.
The hardest part of the job was using the microwaves.
The most enjoyable was seeing all the machines shiny from doing – more... a good job. – less
fast paced
Administrative/Labourer (Former Employee), London,ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible
great co-workers, management, learned multiple jobs, enjoyable people to work with, positive environment.
nice, clean ,environment at work
Order Picker & Packer (Current Employee), North York, ONJuly 17, 2014
Pros: work in a clean environment
Cons: nothing
management very nice. will to achive fast work environment, supportive management.
good place to work
Office Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 3, 2014
good place to work offer a variety of temp and perm roles. ==================================================================================
Horrible experience with staff member
Prospective Employment (Former Employee), AlbertaJune 9, 2014
I had a horrible experience with one of staffing advisers. She was an incredibly rude lady, treated me like dirt. I understand I am applying for an entry level position, however this does not give you an excuse to treat someone as if they are worthless.

Very turned off about dealing with Manpower, I am still shocked by what has transpired.
A good experience.
Temp Employee (Former Employee), Red Deer, AbApril 29, 2014
Pros: professional
Cons: lack of communication at times
It was a good beginning with Manpower and was happy that they helped me get my foot into multiple jobs , mostly in relation with Nova Plant , in Joffre, Ab. Wasn't to please with how they contacted me or handled information. I felt like i was jumping through some hoops until they found what i needed. They were kind and professional overall.
manpower
General Labourer (Current Employee), Saint John, NBApril 28, 2014
I learn building boxes, stocking shelves, leading teams in unloading vehicles and setting up equipment for events
Worst Agency around (Alberta franchise)
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary,ABApril 3, 2014
Cons: everything
Horrendous management, their "Oil&Gas" division is a complete JOKE. Starting from the CEO to mid level management this place is so disorganized and will never be taken seriously due to the incompetent management team that does not know how to lead a group.
always on call
Labourer (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours and on called
I worked hard at this company , and long hours , and hard work for low pay
Very friendly and welcoming place to work.
Verification Clerk / Data Entry (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: location
I work for one of the major Canadian Banks, via Manpower, and absolutely love my job! If I weren't moving, I imagine I'd be staying for many years to come.
I was contracted to work for TEAM Solutions at Invista
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: loooong breaks
Cons: too many rules with zero tolerance for any kind of safety breach, including spitting on a dirty factory floor because you, ve got some grime in your mouth
The position was Industrial Cleaner...it was great, but I lost my job there because my supervisors gave me bad directions to the smoking area and I was booted off site for smoking in the wrong place. They cost me my job there making $600/week and never even took responsibility for it, even though they told me to go there! I should have ratted them out – more... because while I was getting in trouble they were siting in the vehicles smoking in the parking lot...a big no-no! I could have joined them in their vehicle and not been caught lol. BUT, I was trying to do the right thing. It definitely backfired on me! – less
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Manpower were able to find me a suitable job in a timely fashion. They had good communication with me and their client.
Good all around
Good job placement
Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: not enough money
Being sent from job to job, More like a temp. agency. Co-workers were good to work with. Getting to job sites was sometimes hard to do, needed a map. The best part was just being placed without the work of doing it myself.
Great interaction
Pipe fitter (Former Employee), Edmonton AB.February 12, 2014
Pros: great personal interaction
Cons: manpower has seems to no longer have conections in the oil secter
Manpower was a great asset as they had kept me busy and constantly employed, for aproximately 1.5 yrs in the oil/gas industry.
productive and fun
Labourer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: paid lunch beaks
Cons: long hours
Great place to work, met alot of good people. Gained alot of knowledge of different jobs and tasks.

1 2 3 4 5

About Manpower

Manpower is devoted to enriching the lives of those through meaningful employment opportunities and focuses on future advancement. – Read more