Manpower Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Temporary employment agency
Admin. Asst (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 June 2017
Its a large corporation that assist the entire region with temporary employment to the corporations and different industries as well individuals that are in need of employment.
Pros
Short term employment
Cons
Relieves the shortage of work
Great way to find jobs near by
Administrative assistant/ Event assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2017
Manpower is a great place to go when looking for a position that suits your interests. Management are awesome people that are fun and outgoing. Sometimes there are lots of jobs and sometimes there isn't but they are always on top of letting you know when there is.
The environment of the Placements
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 February 2017
I was lucky, I had people fortunately, who knew I was skilled and appreciated it. I was assigned to the same company for many years consistently. I was treated as an equal for the most part. The exception being the pay. After all the years, I made less money per hour doing the same job that I did when I began. But the work environment made it worth it.

But at other assignments, It was made very clear, you were to be seen and not heard. You probably worked harder, put in more hours and got in trouble for things that had nothing to do with you and you had little protections because if you injured yourself or found fundamental problems needing to be addressed, if you spoke up you were replaced. But bills still had to be paid so the work, although severely under appreciated, was there and still needed to be done.
Pros
The great employers and consistent work for the most part
Cons
The not great employers, the treatment at some placements and the pay.
Typical Temp agency
Administrative Assistant / Records Management (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 June 2016
As with any temp agency, the work varies. That being said Manpower consistently kept me busy. I would recommend them for a variety of positions.
Pros
A good way to get your foot in the door
Cons
no stability
Manpower
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
Excellent start to my adult work life and my interest in my certification for Payroll. I learned many attributes including patients, tolerance, efficiency and handling sensitive information . Excellent team environment and training on payroll
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Contract Posistion
Wonderful
Temporary Administrative Assistant Assignments (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2016
Great Recruiters, good contracts, wonderful company, assisted me in my job search. All around a positive experience. Would recommend Manpower to anyone!
Office Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara region21 October 2014
Was sent on jobs that were not appropriate for my skills. I was sent to factories and industrial settings when my background was clearly in an office setting. Was sent to work with the worst employers in the area with terrible labour relations backgrounds. The last employer I had with Manpower did it for me. I received very little training and was unsupported. I obtained employment elsewhere. This employment agency is not suited to white collar workers!!
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Minimal work at minimal pay
Productive, Reliant Company with friendly recruiters
Administrative Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2014
I worked scheduled shift work for one year in an inbound call centre the hours were sometimes too long or not enough but since the Manpower recruiter knew I had other useful computer skills I was relocated from a temp position to a temp-permanent position within the same company which helped me get my foot in the door to begin my career within one of Alberta's top companies.

I have learned excellent communication skills - written and verbal, and expertise level in planning, organizing and prioritizing work load. I had a dynamic team to work with from Management to my assistant and other staff. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the problem assessment and problem solving which took some overtime but with consulting co-workers for help the job was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and feeling like you are part of a team with the entire company.

Manpower is an excellent company to work for whether its temp, temp-perm, or permanent.
Pros
Great place to start off in the workforce, Excellent company to gain work experience and business knowledge, a good place for a career change, there are many opportunities to choose from, good place to re-enter the workforce.
Cons
Schedule work sometimes with too many or not enough hours.
Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 August 2014
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee - not just filling a space.
Cons
No job security
Really bad temp placement agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  calgary10 September 2013
I registered with Manpower Calgary in their office division. The only thing they offered me was 4 hours standing outside at the zoo giving out leaflets for $12.00/hour.
I am an administrative assistant, not a walmart greeter. I was a little offended and a lot confused.
Great and respectfull workplace with amazing people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2013
Receptionist duties as well as data entry, working at various companies and getting to work with great people. Most enjoyable part was learning new skills and different and challenging assignments.
Pros
get to work at various different jobs and learn new skills
Cons
not enought hours or work
productive work environment however under contractual assignments
Administrative/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 March 2013
I enjoy the contract positions however seeking full time perm employment.
Pros
enjoyed the people contact
Cons
havent found full time placement
placement agency so work was not steady
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 April 2012
usually called early in the morning for work that same day
learned new things every day
manager in the local office is a super and easy going person
Pros
some work assignments were long
Cons
long breaks in between assignments