Manpower

Manpower Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worse place I have ever worked for - Never again
Driver trainer (Former Employee), Airdrie, AlbertaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: list too long to type
Mismanaged by 2 (oil and gas specialists) recruiters that don't know much but just to get bodies for commission. They take 35% of your wages for getting you a job and not doing anything to help you. Empty promises of getting on with company contracted to and that is the trap in order to get you to work for Manpower. Poor benefits. No chance for advancement.
Manpower Staffing
Talent Acquisition - Recruiter (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 5, 2015
It's a globally recognized staffing agency with great benefits and incentives for the right person. The Vancouver office has an exceptional team with very supportive management.
Nothing really
Laborer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 2, 2015
Pros: close work
Cons: bad pay, not enough work
Was good for a part time job nothing else, pay was not that great and didnt get work all the time. Wouldnt go back because the hours just werent good enough.
Quick way to find work
labour/ forklift op (Former Employee), St.johns, nlFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: getinng recertified for forklift and reach truck
Cons: coworks with little to no work ethic
Off load tractor trailers, operate forklift and reach truck (stand up forklift) to put over stock in Highbays. Move product to the floor. Do any task that engagement deemed necessary.
Always working for me.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Vancouver,BCJanuary 19, 2015
Manpower has been very helpful in my Employment and has expanded my Jobs to include Data Entry & Order Selection
Great Environment
Reconciliation Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
scan money into peoples account and make sure that there is no counter fit bills.
A safe, excellent, and enjoyable workplace
General Assembler (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2014
I have learned many things like Behavior Based Safety i.e BBS and use to help people when they need any help regarding about safety.
we have also thought Near Miss i.e if u see some things r fallen down n nobody sees we have to pick it up if u saw right away so that no body is injured . i had learnt packaging how to do how much quantity goes in shipper sometimes with our co-workers we learnt some new things from them what r things we r packaging n where it is shipping how many days it will take to reach to that countries. and we have lots of fun during the job too.
Excavator Operator Hitachi (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayDecember 1, 2014
Dredge and dewater ponds at Suncor. Keep detailed records for Suncor. Run and maintain pumps, adjust hoses. Keep detailed paper work each day. Daily checks and maintainance on excavator.
Production
Line production Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2014
I have learn best quality assurance and work with team to full fill the task on time. Gives smart ideas for quality assurance and fast work process.Management always support and gives friendly environment to employees.It was my great experience for recognition as gives smart ideas regarding company's product and i appreciate.
Skill driven work environment.
General labour/Gas Heater Inspector (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 17, 2014
Very skill driven work environment. While being new to this field I was opened up to meeting great skilled people who taught me many skills I was unaware of. I learned about how different gas operates and how different construction gas heaters work. While performing daily general labour duties, I was ensured proper safety methods.
Manpower Red Deer
contract worker (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 2, 2014
Pros: all
Cons: contract work
Excellent
Excellent
Excellent!!
Very professional. .weekly pay..online access to pay information. .and someone always available to talk to when you call even though they are very busy
Office Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara regionOctober 21, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: minimal work at minimal pay
Was sent on jobs that were not appropriate for my skills. I was sent to factories and industrial settings when my background was clearly in an office setting. Was sent to work with the worst employers in the area with terrible labour relations backgrounds. The last employer I had with Manpower did it for me. I received very little training and was unsupported. I obtained employment elsewhere. This employment agency is not suited to white collar workers!!
Office Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara regionOctober 21, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: minimal work at minimal pay
Recruitment
Professional Generalist Recruiter (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: great branch manager
It is a Fortune 500 company that is Global. It has great benefits and incentives for the right person. It is busy and you can be productive. You can achieve your goal if you focus on your placements and you can be successful.
Wonderful chance to experience various job areas.
Contract worker (Former Employee), area wideOctober 14, 2014
Various jobs throughout Washington from labor to warehouse. I learned a multitude of tasks. management was friendly and amazing. co-workers were diverse and generally good company. The hardest part of the job had to do with my personal circumstances not the job itself. the most enjoyable part was the different tasks i was given to accomplish.
Productive, Reliant Company with friendly recruiters
Administrative Project Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great place to start off in the workforce, excellent company to gain work experience and business knowledge, a good place for a career change, there are many opportunities to choose from, good place to re-enter the workforce.
Cons: schedule work sometimes with too many or not enough hours.
I worked scheduled shift work for one year in an inbound call centre the hours were sometimes too long or not enough but since the Manpower recruiter knew I had other useful computer skills I was relocated from a temp position to a temp-permanent position within the same company which helped me get my foot in the door to begin my career within one of Alberta's top companies.

I have learned excellent communication skills - written and verbal, and expertise level in planning, organizing and prioritizing work load. I had a dynamic team to work with from Management to my assistant and other staff. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the problem assessment and problem solving which took some overtime but with consulting co-workers for help the job was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and feeling like you are part of a team with the entire company.

Manpower is an excellent company to work for whether its temp, temp-perm, or permanent.
Professional and Safe work place
General Labor (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Manpower provides its employees a safe and professional work environment.
Manpower
Clerical Support (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: hours, pay
Cons: nothing full time
incredible people to work with, great incentives and pay
I worked with them on contracts for 5 years, and would still be with them if they offered full time
A very professional team.
Temp job (Former Employee), BarrieAugust 31, 2014
Manpower has been very helpful & supportive. They care about there employee's. I would highly recommend them.
Always something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 6, 2014
Cons: no job security
Due to the nature of Manpower Temporary Services, work was always a new adventure. Although I provided administrative assistance at my placements, the work environments were vastly different. All my co-workers and management were welcoming and supportive. I always approached my assignments with the mindset that I was an active and participating employee - not just filling a space.

1 2 3 4 5

About Manpower

Manpower is devoted to enriching the lives of those through meaningful employment opportunities and focuses on future advancement. – Read more