Manpower Employee Reviews

General
Receptionist, Accounts Payable, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 November 2017
The manager there is great, and has found me some great jobs. Security is never the best with temp agencies. The salary as been better then most temp agencies and they always try their best.
Great temp company
Machine Operator/Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON21 November 2017
Always were quick about finding me a new job and have placed me in some pretty amazing placements such as brampton brick and waste management were both great experiences
good
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
it was a good job and it paid the bills, i had to do alot of labour and working out side in the elements, heavyy lifting and cleaning up of job sites .
Productive and fun workplace to work
WareHouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 November 2017
They would contact me with jobs available on a weekly basis, i was always informed of opportunity. The management always checked in on me regarding service.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Can make great commission on top of wage
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
put your head down and work you will do well but there is little opportunity for advancement as the upper management (Calgary) is very much a clique and not interested in moving people forward. ZERO life balance. Highly fear based management style
Pros
commisson is fair
Cons
managment fear based not motivating
Good on -call agency
Crew Member (Pan Am/Parapan Am Games 2015) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Many jobs were done for a short period of time.
You have the choice to say yes or no to jobs available.
Ability to work with friends at competitive wages.
A very good place to work, great co-workers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 October 2017
My day would consist of working on customer accounts, talking with customers on the phone helping them with any issues they may have with their account and providing information on their yearly budget plan along with other matters. I acquired a great deal of information on credit and collection procedures, budget planning. The management were very professional, courteous and very considerate. The workplace worked as a team and requested team input. The hardest part of the job having to call customers with delinquent accounts. The enjoyable part being able to help customers make arrangements to keep their accounts in good standing.
Busy at times, with no sense of belonging.
Accounting clerk on call (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 October 2017
Being on call, it depended on the work assigned and the company sent to.
Sometimes it was a pleasant environment with very defined type of work assigned. Others, could be an unorganized company with lots of "nothing to do" time in spite of asking where the help was required and willing to give a hand.
The hardest to work on call, is not feeling as part of the organization.
The most enjoyable was the opportunity to meet new people and make some business contacts for the future.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to play tennis while not working, make new acquaintances, driving around new places.
Cons
Not paid enough, not called more frequently, lack of sense of belonlging.
General labor
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 October 2017
I was not to much in to working for manpower they would move you from job to job you work one place one week and they move you to another place. They get you to work one day and could be off for a week I just want a job that i can work for and not have to worry what i going to do day by day
Decent work options
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 September 2017
I believe mannpower was a good alternative to no work, the reduction of $2.50 from hourly wages was definitely a strong but necessary negative.

Still, the agency found a way to get me good work.
Terrific people to work with
General Labourer/General Office (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2017
Working throught Manpower is a great learning experience. The people are very helpful and willing to go the 'extra mile' for their clients. A great pleasure to work with/through. The only problem would be is that it is hard to find the type of work I am looking for full-time administration. Also I have moved out of the area.
Pros
prompt payroll
Cons
full-time permanent work hard to find
Great people
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON8 September 2017
Everyone was great at finding me a contract position. Everyone was friendly and professional. There were various job postings that were presented to me, so they do offer variety.
good for temporary work
Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2017
good work, no hard work, management was good, culture was good, going to diffrent locations, easy job, learned, everything was easy easy no major work just helping
Management needs work
PICKER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 August 2017
The salary they offer is always at the bottom for the work you do.

With no job security, they tell you job will last 2 weeks but finish after a week.
It was for a co-op program, though amazing people to work with.
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 August 2017
I wasn't working with them as a staffing company, but as their assistant around the office of Manpower it self in Pickering. The Pickering location is a wonderful place to be in, and amazing people who are always willing to help you find a job, either its a temp job or the odd permanent job. Either way they are dedicated to work with people to gain the experiences they need as well as money is required to live, I will forever and always recommend working with Manpower.
Pros
Great people, Great attitudes, Paid weekly
Not Bad
Scotiabank Contract (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON21 August 2017
I enjoyed my contract specialist, the hard part was the lack of benefits and the salary. The compensation was very low and made it difficult to continue with them, but they did help me secure my current job. I quite enjoyed working with my contract specialist as she was always a pleasure and worked hard to get the best for me!
Pros
great customer service
Cons
Bad pay
Great Temp agency to work for
WAREHOUSE LABOURER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2017
This is a good Temporary Job Placement Agency to work for. They do offer benefits and will keep you working if they can. My contact there was very easy to talk to, and understanding of my needs, and what jobs would be good for me.
Manpower
General Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON9 August 2017
Manpower helped me locate a job in the area and they ended up hooking me up with a full time job. Manpower helps people to get started. Manpower did a great job getting me started.
job agency with decent employers.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 August 2017
Worked for Nike, sourced through manpower. Decent place to work. Fellow employees were very pleasant. management was ok. Pay and benefits were not good at all.
Manpower never known for IT
Professional Talent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2017
I worked there for 6 months and at the beginning it was great but I wasn't getting paid what I am used to and no training was given to learn about 'their' processes. I was always walked all over and it wasn't good for my health in the end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.