Manpower Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to start
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
Although the employees of Manpower are not very good at returning messages, they do a good job of connecting you to appropriate jobs that would suit one well.
interesting and informitive
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJuly 5, 2016
easy job work with interesting people and learned new things about the automotive industry, also jobs change frequently learning new process.
Pros
5 day week
Cons
poor image
Typical Temp agency
Administrative Assistant / Records Management (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 28, 2016
As with any temp agency, the work varies. That being said Manpower consistently kept me busy. I would recommend them for a variety of positions.
Pros
A good way to get your foot in the door
Cons
no stability
General Labour
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 21, 2016
Manpower is supportive and strive to obtain continuity of job assignments, their agents are empathetic and show genuine care.
Manpower keeps you busy
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 19, 2016
Lots of different positions available. Temp contracts may lead to full time employment. Very friendly staff. I worked for them for almost 10 years and was kept busy.
Pros
Lots of job offerings, Freindly staff
Cons
Temp work
Administrative Assistant
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2016
- Answered incoming calls
- Supported managers with preparation of portfolios
- Managed office supplies and inventory
- Assisted with meeting preparations
Productive and fun workplace environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJune 4, 2016
Pre-screening candidates and filling them in for our available assignments listed on our job boards is a typical day at work. I learned that there are numerous people looking for jobs and as a recruiter it is my duty to fulfill their needs as well as our companies. The most enjoyable part of the job is interviewing candidates and finding qualities that are valuable for particular positions.
Sales Associate
Recruiter- Co-op (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 30, 2016
ensured the store remained in excellent condition

maintain product inventory

trained and supervised new employees

worked as a cashier
Unprofessional agency
Recruit for office position (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 26, 2016
I have 1 word for this agency. Unprofessional.

Dealing with this company has been a hassle that is not worth it.
Reaching the recruiter that gave me a call has been impossible.
I attempted 5 calls and every time the recruit was "busy" and I was told to call back in 20 minutes. Which the recruit was also busy 20 minutes later.

After 4 hours attempting to reach the recruiter I left my callback number with the receptionist.
I understand that people can be busy, but still no call back after 1 week.

If this recruiter is not decent enough to give a call back. It is not worth your time.
Cons
Unprofessional
They are very good at what they do and certainly supplied me with employment on a regular basis up till now
Labourer, line worker, order picker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 19, 2016
Manpower is an agency that supplies workers on a temporary basis to companies they have agreements with As such my contact with Manpower while I was working would be minimal as my daily work contact was with the companies Manpower had contracts with. Overall I am happy with the jobs they found for me and they companies I worked with through them were very fair in any dealings I had with them.
Pros
Manpower has access to jobs that I cannot access
Cons
They were temporary assignments with no real possibility for full time positions
Manpower
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
Excellent start to my adult work life and my interest in my certification for Payroll. I learned many attributes including patients, tolerance, efficiency and handling sensitive information . Excellent team environment and training on payroll
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Contract Posistion
Part -time help in various department at Oliveira in production
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 29, 2016
Part -time help in various department at Oliveira in production from shipping to packaging to repack products Working from 3 hours to 6 hours a day
Pros
not many hours
Cons
Not hiring full time
Employment office
Opérateur (Former Employee) –  MontealApril 22, 2016
Professional company who are honest and fair with their candidates
Not enough contact with them to give more informations
Wonderful
Temporary Administrative Assistant Assignments (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
Great Recruiters, good contracts, wonderful company, assisted me in my job search. All around a positive experience. Would recommend Manpower to anyone!
Productive and fun
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 15, 2016
Love working for Manpower, just looking to have a stable consistent placemat.
Every location I have went to has been great and I have learned a lot for skill experience.
Staff is very friendly
Gives me work experience
Production Worker/Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 13, 2016
I took the position at Manpower as I need an income and at the time they gave me the work experience and know how of positions I did enjoy.
Pros
different placement
Cons
At times I didnt have any work to do or go to.
Friendly temp agency
Temp (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
Approachable agents. They really wanted to get to know what kind of job I was looking for and where my skills were. Useful training available.
Pros
Competent agents
Cons
Length of contracts was unpredictable
Excellent team Group
Trilingual Service Centre Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMarch 28, 2016
Even though the working hours were hard, the great team group, the co-workers and the Branch Manager made it worth it. They were a great inspiration.
Work shifts at companies
Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 28, 2016
Manpower hires many people, too many at times. As a worker, you must follow the company's rules and regulations at a lesser amount of pay. Generally you will have 40 hours of work, but there are times you do not.
Cons
you make the same amount of money as someone whom has been there 15 years
Overall good work place
Temporary Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 8, 2016
Most of the time you would get called about a week in advance of any job opportunities, but would sometimes get a surprise phone call at 5:30 in the morning needing an emergency replacement for __________ company for 7:00am. Management was always very helpful and tried to work around your schedule for days you were scheduled, and tried to give all their workers equal opportunities. After two summers at this company, depending on the location i was called to work at I began to recognize many of my colleagues, and everyone is very friendly.
Overall a good work place to consider if you're looking for an on-call/part time job working about 3-5 days a week, with some variety in job assignments.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Little diversity in job opportunities