The Manotick Medical Clinic currently has a Registered Nurse opening. Please note hours will be scheduled based on operational requirements and on an as needed basis. The incumbent must be flexible to working evening and daytime hours.
As a key member of the Manotick Medical Centre (MMC) and an integral part of a Family Health Organization, the Registered Nurse (RN) will deliver nursing care in accordance with MMC policies and professional practice standards and according to regulations set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario. The RN will perform routine nursing duties and ensure that the nursing needs of the MMC patients and physicians are met.
The Registered Nurse’s primary role is to work in partnership with MCC Physicians and other health care providers/ support staff to perform patient care. According to The Nursing Act, the Nursing Scope of Practice Statement states that nursing is the promotion of health and the assessment of, the provision of, care for, and the treatment of, health conditions by supportive, preventive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means in order to attain or maintain optimal function.(Nursing Act, 1991). A full copy of the job description can also be requested.
- Successful completion of a University Degree (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) or completion of an approved Registered Nursing Program (Bachelor of Science in Nursing with two or three years of clinical experience;
- Must possess a license in good standing with the College Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse;
- Two years experience in a primary health care setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing the nursing process in planning, implementing and evaluating patient care;
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction;
- Leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving using sound judgment and critical thinking;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active constantly changing work environment which includes being flexible to work daytime and evening hours;
- Proficiency in the use of the computers and information technology is required including the use of electronic medical records.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in wanting to join our dynamic team, however, only those who will be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 4 months ago
The Manotick Family Health Organization is a group of 12 family physicians and a dedicated support team who offer comprehensive primary care...