Manning Park Resort Employee Reviews

New management needed
Previous staff (Former Employee) –  Manning Park, BC17 November 2017
Beautiful place to visit but very poorly managed. Good fellow employees, manager is unstable. Very bad pay for the work you have to do. They are CHEAP so don't expect a raise . Manager believes everyone is "replaceable".
Pros
Good fellow staff relationships Pool/gym use when not buzy and seasons pass
Cons
Arrogant family managed, Mouldy housing, bad and abusive management (front desk tyrant)
Bad Company
'General Helper'- dock hand (Former Employee) –  Manning Park30 May 2017
Management was scattered and disorganized. Accommodation was expensive, loud, rat and mould infested. The work was poor paying and unreliable.

The worst place I have ever worked. And I used to remove hazardous materials from condemned buildings.
Mpr 2010
Front Desk Agent, Temp Manager (Former Employee) –  Manning Park, BC22 April 2016
Manings a home away from home. Its located in a roe mote and amazingly beautiful surrounding, staff accommodation when i lived there was something to be desired but everyone made it home. It will always remain home to me and everyone who's lived there!
fun and safe place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Manning Park, BC16 June 2015
I had lots of fun working in manning park. all the staff was very friendly and fun to work with. Every single staff member was willing to go an extra mile to help the guests as well as co-worker.
Pros
beautiful accomodation provided by the management
Cons
Had to drive almost two hours to buy groceries
A nice work environment with high paced and low paced periods
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Manning Park, BC22 September 2013
As a night auditor five days a week, my typical day includes catching errors in the cash out of each department member, from the restaurant to the boathouse.
In addition to the typical night audit duties, I've also been tasked with periodic updates the the manningpark.com website, as well as having created a more streamlined version of our end of day numbers using excel.

I enjoy the ability to excel on my own, to show that I can handle the responsibilities without direct guidance.

I've grown to be able to accommodate multiple tasks at a time through customer interaction and front desk shifts.
Pros
Ability to show responsibility through completing required tasks unguided
Cons
Several managers, sometimes unsure of who to contact for major questions.
A great summer experience.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Manning Park, BC21 August 2013
Working at Manning Park is definitely a big change of environment for me, but i can truly say that it has been one of the best summers that I've had.
friendly enviroment easy going and fun people
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 December 2012
my typical day would be getting up early and ready to work, doing the best you can do, and in the end it shows my co workers were respectful honest and reliable, the hardest part of the jobs was probaly sundays and mondays they were very busy days, but managable. the most enjoyable part of the job was the econamie, and the nature it has to offer.
Pros
free lunches and views