Manning Park Resort is currently seeking an experienced Group Sales/Events Co-ordinator. This person should have Event Planning Experience that may include wedding or corporate function planning; this would be an asset.
- Be the lead Sales Manager in soliciting and contracting Group business from Corporate & Association markets.
- Ability to solicit, negotiate and secure new accounts as well as maintain current relationships with your respective markets
- Participate in activities inside and outside of the hotel to network, build relationships and secure new business. Have a strong presence in the local market. Participate in FAMS, Sites, Tradeshows and Industry events
- Provide direction and training to the reservations agents and front office personnel related to group bookings.
- Achieve personal sales activity and room quotas, and revenue objectives as outlined.
- Participate in other Sales, Marketing and Revenue generating activities.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet guest needs
- Respond to inquiries regarding catering space availability in a professional and timely manner
- To solicit from and confirm with clients, all information pertaining to the event they are planning, and to organize and distribute all information to departments through memos, banquet event orders, directives, resumes and rooming lists;
- To initiate billing procedures to ensure hotel deal with creditable clientele, as well as ensuring deposits and/or credit applications are received with adequate information; To coordinate with outside vendors - entertainment, electrical, audio-visual, display, floral, etc. to accommodate requirements of the client
- To create menus to satisfy client's individual needs, while maintaining hotel food and labour costs
- Ability to plan and organize events effectively with an acute sense of detail;
- Ensure delivery of expected guest service through follow up and coordinate with other hotel departments
- Work independently within given parameters and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment;
- Solicit existing account base to generate additional bookings from the Account.
- Prompt response (within one business day) to all forms of inquiries in an effort to capture additional market share
- Negotiate prices, prepare accurate quotes approved by Accommodations Manager and then confirm by written contracts
- Inspect all functions and meetings personally to ensure guests satisfaction.
- Active participation in Departmental meetings, team building efforts and other like activities.
- Participate in trade shows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations.
- Must have relevant Hotel experience, and a minimum of 3 years hotel industry group sales and or Event planning experience.
- Sales Manager Experience in the Group Market is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in sales/marketing or hospitality would be an asset
- Technical skills should include experience in Word, Excel, Windows, Microsoft Office, and related hotel systems. Exposure to and familiarity with “RoomMaster” a definite asset.
- Results driven with proven sales ability.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Strong analytical skills with developed report-writing skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible and organized.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Travel is required, therefore your own vehicle and valid driver’s license is a necessity
Indeed - 15 months ago