Reporting to Senior Manager, Culinary Operations, The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for every aspect of the casino’s kitchen operation, including: developing and enforcing food & beverage standards, providing quality food service to all guests and staff, training and educating, overseeing the culinary team, developing marketing strategies and cost saving techniques, while delivering exceptional customer service and maintaining alignment with the overall vision and strategic plan of MLC. This incumbent develops standards and objectives, and is accountable for departmental performance and continuous improvement of department processes and efficiencies.
- Post-secondary education in Culinary Arts or a related discipline is required, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Red Seal Certification.
- Specific training in human resource management and financial management.
- Basic skills in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Four to seven years’ experience working in a Chef capacity, with knowledge of all types of food preparation and all areas of the restaurant business. (i.e. banquets and buffets).
- The incumbent must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated management experience with the ability to analyze and solve problems independently using good judgment, strong leadership and organizational skills, adoption of best practices, strong initiative and ability as a self-starter, excellent human resource management and labour relations skills, and planning and managing budgets.
- Continuous on-the-job learning is required to keep abreast of changes in the industry.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
- A Food Handlers certificate and WHMIS training; however, may be acquired on the job.
Salary: $26.86 - $33.56 per hour (Teamsters)
Location: Club Regent Casino
Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.manitobalotteries.com or by submitting a resume and application to:
Mail: Human Resources
1555 Buffalo Place
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2X1
All applications are due by November 1, 2013
We thank all interested applicant, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.