Manitoba Hydro

Manitoba Hydro Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace, fast paced environment.
Drafting Student (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good salary, good hours, good enviornment
Cons: repetitive work, a lot of data entry
Typical day at work was to process easement drawings and hydro purchases. You would usually produce multiple drawings per easement file. Through this job I have learned greater understanding in Civil 3D. Management was very laid back, and good and fast work was appreciated.
Great company to work for, great work life balance
Construction Testing Technician (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 30, 2014
I enjoyed my experience with Manitoba Hydro. The job brought me to places that I never thought I'd be. Very adventurous and had a great time
good experience
GIS Technician (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 5, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: only office work
A lot of GIS knowledge learnt and very beneficial. Worked in office only and the office hours were flexible.

very friendly people as co-workers and very helpful when unsure of anything
Too many office politics
Administrative Rep (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaMarch 3, 2014
Impossible to move up within the company. Too much favoritism and doesn't allow others to move up within the company.
accommodating and pleasant workplace
Safety/Environment Officer Assistant (Current Employee), Rosser, MBMarch 2, 2014
Pros: mondays off
Cons: there are boring moments where work slows down
Dorsey C.S. is a large station so there is an array of duties throughout the year which prevents the job from becoming tedious. Some of my duties included, aiding in reports and briefs, station assessments (continual improvement of environmental and human safety concerning hazardous materials), presentations, etc. Management was easy going, and my co-workers – more... were fun to work with, making the atmosphere an enjoyable one. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Summer Student - Financial Markets Department (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 14, 2014
Enjoyed my time at Manitoba Hydro. I learned a lot and worked with great co-workers.
healthy work environment, professional people.Clean and organized
Reproduction Operator Level (Former Employee), Winnipeg,ManitobaMarch 30, 2013
Pros: hour lunches, great benifits
Organizing, archiving and retrieving company records for the department as required.
We had five different sections in our department. Each month we would rotate sections. In a typical day I would microfilm account payable, retrieve drawings, make c size prints, work in the darkroom or microfilm the drawings. I also answered the phone and took orders – more... for drawings etc.
We would get new equipment all the time and I would learn how the operate it. When I worked here there were courses on how to communicate and dealing effectively with fellow employees, other departments were our customers.

The management was excellent. They encouraged me to take courses, continue learning and challenge myself continually. This company believed in their employees and it showed. – less
good learning experience
Security/Utility Worker (Former Employee), Pointe du Bois, ManitobaMarch 20, 2013
i worked security for Manitoba Hydro< my duties included checking vehicles in and out of the work site daily as well as contacting other companies via two-way radio when deliveries/pick up came in
This was part of my office technology course, needed to do a 6 week work practicum.
Administrative Assistant (School Work Practicum) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 25, 2013
Performed administrative support for the Business Analyst in the Credit and Recovery Service Department as a work experience assignment where I performed difficult and complex tasks accurately, with efficiency, and speed. Specific duties included:

• Reviewing overdue accounts utilizing Banner software program
• Researching data on premise codes
• Organizing – more... performance evaluation data using Excel
• Updating customer information system
• Document Filing – less
Engineering Designer
Engineering Designer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 24, 2013
• Conducted engineering analysis modeling and design for ongoing enhancements of pipeline networks for the city of Winnipeg.
• Performed hydraulic calculation and material selection to expand/upgrade existing pipelines which were fed to towns
Engineering Designer
Engineering Designer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 24, 2013
Varied work with tremendous support.
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaJanuary 2, 2013
Great life work balance.
Good pay.
Lack of accountability.
Lack of engagement of fellow staff.
Reproduction Operator Level III (Former Employee), Winnipeg,ManitboaAugust 27, 2012
Pros: job security
We had five different sections in our department. Each month we would rotate sections. In a typical day I would microfilm account payable, retrieve drawings, make c size prints, work in the darkroom or microfilm the drawings. I also answered the phone and took orders for drawings etc.
We would get new equipment all the time and I would learn how the – more... operate it. When I worked here there were courses on how to communicate and dealing effectively with fellow employees, other departments were our customers.

It has been a while since I worked there and I can’t think of anything that was negative about this position. I enjoyed learning new equipment and taking courses. Overall everything. – less
Review
Various positions (Former Employee), Winnipeg MbJuly 15, 2012
Pros: too many to list but i would say number one would be excellent managemen
great place to work with wonderful people and fair and caring supervisors and management. The management always encouraged you and were always willing to listen to well researched suggestions. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Good place to work provided you are liked
Buyer - Purchasing (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBJuly 3, 2012
Pros: every second monday off...
Cons: terrible management
I learned its not about what you know, anyone can take your place. Good Management is a miracle to come by. The people you work with can make a horrible job good.
MB Hydro
Student (Compliance) (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 19, 2012
Pros: flexibility, work environment
Fantastic place to work, great people, fantastic building and most importantly rewarding work.