Manitoba Hydro Employee Reviews

great place to work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Manitoba11 July 2017
Manitoba Hydro is a great place to work and there is a lot of opportunities to learn and advance your career and skill set. the work atmosphere is friendly, productive and rewarding with a many interesting projects.
IT Help Desk Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2017
Great place to work, avarage pay, great management.
While I was employed there was more work than time and a few of the things I was promised fell by the wayside, but all in all a good place to work.
Pros
Culture, people, management
Cons
Promises from interview not lived up to
Best company to work for
CO-OP Student Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
The company and it's employees are the very good. The environment and worf force are very supportive, positive and blends together well. Everyone is very professional.
Great work environment.
Powerline Technician (Former Employee) –  Manitoba6 June 2017
Started my career with manintoba hydro is a labourer. I then worked my way up and started and apprenticeship with in the lines trade. Really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
productive and fun place to work.
Manitoba - Student worker (Utility Worker) (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB18 April 2017
what i learned about this job is that it gives you variety jobs so you can learn different skills. for example i was cutting grass but there was days i was pulling up nails. most enjoyable part of this job is that i got to try various of different things, not just one thing every day.
Pros
learning various skills
Cons
na
Challenging work.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 April 2017
Manitoba Hydro is not a bad place to work. The work was challenging and the salary was reasonable. It was a short bus ride away and we got every second Monday off.
Productive and positive work environment
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba6 March 2017
I work everyday starting from 730-355 pm I working hard throughout the day and meet all work requirements as expected. I get along very well with co-workers to have a satisfying work relationship
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Isnt close to home
Good people, poor wages
Technical Support Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 February 2017
The work culture was great. Good atmosphere to work. Everyone was extremely helpful. The wages were sub par and there is not much room for advancement
Great!
Engineering Aid II, Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2017
Manitoba Hydro is diverse and challenging. There are plenty of opportunities for both summer students and permanent employees. They treat their employees very well.
Great Place depending on Location
Mechanical Operating Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 January 2017
Every work location is different within the company, some better than others. The pay makes up for the bad ones. Good time off if you enjoy shift work. Plenty of room to move around the corp.
Ecellent opportunities
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB, Selkirk MB9 January 2017
Great place to work.
Always forward thinking and supportive of your career path.
Provided opportunity and advancement.
Good company benefits.
Enjoyed the opportunity to travel within Manitoba.
Would recommend to anyone wanting local career.
Great place to work.
Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2016
Wonderful benefits and a very accommodating workplace. Many organizational changes happening right now however, still a great place to work. One of Canada's top 50 employers.
good place to work
millwright/station operator (Former Employee) –  various stations in manitoba5 December 2016
was able to gain alot of education from the company. there was alot of room for advancement if one so desired. hardest part of the job was to appease the egos of the majority of the co-workers and deal with favortisim as well as the risk of being shipped away from your family to maintain employment.
I enjoy my job
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MB25 October 2016
I enjoy my job with Manitoba hydro, my favorite part is the challenges I face day to day and how rewarding it is when those challenges are over come as a team
Fast paced
Student Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2016
Great working team to deal with. Flexible work hours and challenging work, enjoyed the work-life balance my department gave. A lot of autonomy with multiple hard deadlines.
Friendly work environment and uphold diversity.
Mechanical Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 October 2016
I have worked at the hydroelectric construction site, project planning and currently as a maintenance engineer. A typical work day is usually busy such as providing engineering assistance to the field workers, visiting sites and attending both internal and external meetings.

I have learnt new ways of getting things done, better ways of managing subordinates and best practice cost reduction strategies.

Excellent coworkers that fit perfectly well as a team. The hardest part of the job is supporting the electric and natural gas franchise of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the yearly performance increment.
Pros
Hydro Mondays every two weeks
Cons
None for now
Excellent station crew that worked and helped one another
Licensed Power Electrician/Operator (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB28 September 2016
- typical day was nine hours long that included completing work package for the day with two fifteen minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break
- I learned the skills of power electrician and station operator that required working both independently and with a team to achieve a certain goal
- management was able to supply the tools and resources necessary to complete job tasks
- fellow staff were amazing to work with as we worked together as a cohesive unit complete with mutual respect
- the hardest part of the job was the isolation in northern manitoba
- completing your task for the day and going home safely was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Burger Day Appreciation Days
Cons
Long hours when working on weekends (12 hrs+)
Good Company
Administrative Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2016
Better environment or workplace to work. Have a good benefits. Safe workplace. Nice employees and co-workers. No any kind of discrimination in the workplace.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Too expensive for parking lot
fun, always learning, nice staff all around
Assistant Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2016
Have daily tail gate meetings every morning at 6:30am. Discuss hazards, weather, details about work in the day. we then head out and grab our equipment and head to our job site for the day and carry out our gps centre line staking.
Pros
gas cards, food provided, nice hotels, meet lots of people
Cons
long hours, sometimes get placed in a room with other workers.
Glad to work here gained a lot of practical experience
PLT apprentice/Summer Student (Former Employee) –  various5 July 2016
- Retrieve job to be accomplished, Ensure equipment is ready to perform tasks, Gather Materials, Build/Salvage/Test/Operate.
-I learned to troubleshoot well
-Co-workers were mostly good
-The hardest part of the job was the commute
-The most enjoyable part of the job was building something that is going to be used by everyone.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Was finding it hard to see any future in advancment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoba Hydro. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3