Reporting to the Director of Operations, the General Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the establishment (including the restaurant) which includes:
- All operations of the establishment including the achievements of results and day-to-day operations of the business.
- Ensuring and enforcing all safety and health rules, policies and regulations and Manitoba Liquor Control Commission regulations.
- Ensure the proper development and training of all new employees and employee performance evaluations are conducted to all employees.
- Developing and reviewing all cost summary reports and evaluating the profitability of all functions while undertaking corrective actions as required.
- Keeping the Management team informed on any and all issues relating to the operations of the business.
- Enforce all company policies and operating procedures.
- Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Develop and ensure proper daily/weekly work scheduling of all employees.
- Review all monthly accounting reports.
- Establish high quality standards and ensure compliance in achieving these standards, plus customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma with additional schooling in hotel management (preferred). You must possess at least 3 years in a management position dealing with a functional organization and at least 2 years supervisory and managerial capacity. General experience must include the following areas: hotel, food and beverage sales, marketing operations and general administration. Supervisory/ managerial experience must include budgeting, scheduling and personnel management. A valid driver’s license, serving it Safe Certification, WHMIS Certification and Food Handling Certification are preferred.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and have significant knowledge of the hotel industry and suppliers. Having a good knowledge of accounting and finance, profit loss responsibility is vital. You will have strong communication and comprehension skills combined with strong decision-making and problem solving skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated capacity to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds would be desirable. Experience working within a unionized environment an asset.
Compensation: competitive salary, bonus incentive, accommodations provided by employer, health benefits.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization in the role of General Manager, Burntwood Hotel, please submit your resume in confidence to Human Resources:
Fax No. (204) 942-7443. Deadline for applications: August 2, 2013