Manchu Wok Employee Reviews

Strict Work Environment
Line-Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2014
My typical day at work as alright, nothing to hard or nothing to easy. I learned how to make Chinese food, I got along with my co-workers and my manager but only for work-related purposes. The hardest part of the job was trying to fit in with my co-workers because I was the only different guy, They all spoke Chinese which made it hard for me to understand them. The most enjoyable part of the day was serving the customers and giving them what they want.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
couldn't understand anybody
people friendly´╝înice work enviroment
Chef (Current Employee) –  Barrie, OntarioMarch 28, 2014
I like the people in Manchu Wok, they are friendly and nice, they always share their story to everyone. They told me how to live in Canada.
Productive and challenging
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ottawa, OntarioSeptember 29, 2013
Manchu wok is a enjoyable place to work, I gain some experiences in managing the store and dealing with the employees and handle a difficult situation. The best part of the job is you meet new people and you gain some friends. I grew in this job, It taught me how to be balance managing your people. The hardest part of the job is to make sure you are being fair to everyone. Without hurting other peoples feelings.
Pros
gain more knowledge managing the store
Cons
i would like to have a career that have more advancement
Great place to work for a student
Assistant Chef/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 16, 2013
As a high school student working there, I had a lot of fun and met many exceptional people. Management was very nice and because it was a small business, it was a family like work atmosphere. A typical day for me would be serving and interacting with customers or preparing the kitchen for 3-6 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new customers and the work atmosphere.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  dieppe, nbMay 12, 2013
there wasn't many hours for me at Manchu wok so I left there for mcdonalds
Great co-workers
storage handler/ cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 15, 2012
A day at Manchu Wok was a great and fun job specially meeting people who you were going to meet with be very talkative and are social to new workers.
fun place
cash/server (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 15, 2012
i liked working at manch as serving food to cutmoers and taking orders. but the salry was $8.25 then ..i was there for 2 months i guess the got ,laid of not enough hours but had fun while i was working i was never late for any jobs when they would call me in i would say yes !!
Pros
free food
Cons
good hours
Easy working environment.
Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2012
It is a fast paced working environment with many different kinds of people. Because of the location my ability to speak French helped me on a daily basis. Some days were harder than others because all of my co-workers spoke in mandarin when not serving customers, This made communication with them very difficult, I would say that not being able to make friends and talk easily with my co-workers was the hardest part of the job. I loved my customers and they made working at Manchu Wok very easy and fun.
Pros
discounts on the food, free meal during breaks
Cons
not enough hours