The position of Legal Assistant is an integral member of the Mancal Legal team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Senior VP, Law and Corporate Services and General Counsel;
- Perform due diligence searches for property purchases. Conduct various legal searches at Land Titles, Personal Property Registry, Corporate Registry, Court House, Alberta Environment, Bank of Canada, etc. Municipal searches within the locale where property is being considered will also be necessary including property taxes, development/building permits, environmental and fire department.
- Organize Mancal Trust Company semi-annual board and committee meetings;
- Assist with the gathering of information for annual insurance renewals for all corporate entities and personal insurance; as well as maintain the commercial and personal property list both for insurance and corporate purposes;
- File / Binder management for Legal, Insurance and Internal Audit including closing and purging files on a regular basis;
- Maintain policy manuals (binder and on-line), and advise binder holders and staff of any changes as required;
- Draft legal agreements and correspondence as needed. Prepare a monthly legal report for President & CEO;
- Back up for Corporate Trust Assistant and for CEO’s Assistant when setting up for Board of Directors Meetings;
- Assist with US and Canadian immigration matters – gathering information, liaising with both U.S. and Canadian immigration lawyers.
To meet the challenge of this role, we are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic extremely organized self-starter with outstanding computer and people skills. This individual will also be capable of managing multiple responsibilities in a flexible, deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years experience at a senior level and a certificate/diploma from a recognized Legal Assistant program. Strong knowledge of MS Word and CORES Level 1 and familiarity with City of Calgary On-Line, Land Titles (SPINII), Corporate Registry and Personal Property Registry and various other governmental on line systems is essential.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -