ManTech International Corporation

ManTech International Corporation Employee Reviews

worse company to work for
logistics (Current Employee) –  MDDecember 30, 2015
No raises and ive been here for years,they took away benefits except for one plan and they were already expensive. Been laid off several times. No advancement,when you move to a different position they say it's a lateral move so they don't give you anymore money. They keep cutting pay,this yr alone lost over$700 a month but don't touch people making a lot more money not doing the work. The security officer sucks with losing people paperwork. The worst company I've worked for they do not take care of employees that do the work
Pros
location I'm at close to home
Cons
pay, benefits, no advancement
Great Company to work for!
Field Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 31, 2016
I really don't have a lot to say other than I enjoyed being part of a great company. the hardest part of the job was being away from my family for 6 months at a time do to the nature of the contract I was on.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Long hours.
Very intense and productive contract
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 11, 2016
Company is supportive, but as a sub-contractor has little influence to improving conditions. The company does listen, however they are limited to the contract items and I believe this hurts the customer on this particular contract with employee moral for all the companies.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Everything is driven by contract items and not the companies normal environment
Productive workplace
PBUSE Clerk (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 25, 2016
Inventoried military equipment and storage for units that were deployed. the hardest part of the job is to maintain the accountability of property such as computers, humvee's, radios and etc.
Pros
benefits were excellent, do not work on weekends
Cons
there were none
****
Personnel Security Specialist, Senior (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA; Department of DefenseSeptember 23, 2015
A typical workday for me requires being flexible as possible in order to meet customers' expectations. What I have come to appreciate most in my current position is being able to interact with senior level management throughout the Department of Defense. My co-workers are dynamic; as prior military we all understand the concept of teamwork. The hardest part in my current position is that there are not enough hours in a day. With that being said, it is important that I manage my time effectively.

My current compensation and benefits are above par as well as the security of my position; I welcome all opportunities for a chance to advance overall, for example management responsibilities. I currently am able to have a good work/life balance which is important to my family.
Pros
Subsidized travel expense and vacation time
Cons
Sick-time is not seperate; all time away from work is Personal Time
Overseas contract for US Military. Loved this job!
Certified Armor Welder (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 19, 2015
Working with US Military overseas. I absolutely loved this job. As long as you know how to do your job, Mantech will take care of you. Never had a problem with any management, or other employees for that matter. There was always something to do, and people to help. The sky was the limit on what you could accomplish for the military man. Took a lot of creative thinking, and trial and error to accomplish several tasks, but that made me love my job even more.
Pros
EXCELLENT pay and benifits
Cons
5-8 month deployments overseas in an active warzone away from family
Jr. Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Deterick, MDMarch 3, 2016
Enjoyed my time working with ManTech. Good work environment, good team dynamics, great leadership. The benefits are what I would consider normal.
Competitive Contractor
Principal Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJanuary 21, 2016
Working for the Company is good; Management rating depends on the Divison. Area of the military supporting comsumer and Soldiers is great.
Benefits
Overseas Work
SITE LOGISTICAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  AfghanistanDecember 8, 2015
Company is okay. This is an overseas contractor in Virginia. Benefits are good, pay is good. Job security is non-existing because if they can get someone to work for cheaper, they will let you go after you make one mistake. They lay-off a lot to make changes.
Pros
Good Pay, Good benefits
Cons
Lay-off alot, no job security
Easy Work
Senior Lead Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Very Pro Ethic, Good benefits, good management, ability to travel, descent compensation, opporutunity for training personnel
Great Company, however, low pay and job security is low
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MDSeptember 16, 2015
ManTech International is a great company to work for, however the compensation is not that great. Unless you are a Site Lead or even above that, pay is mediocre at best. Job security is not very high because they are contracted by the Government and the contract could go away any day depending on Governemnt spending. There is no room for advancement unless you completely switch to a different program to be a Site Lead or a completely differenet job.
Pros
Great Benefits Packages
Cons
Job security/Pay and Compensation
Provided Admin Support for the HBBC Branch Chief and customers
Senior Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hanscom AFB, MANovember 12, 2015
ManTech provides good benefits, work balance and a good salary.
Working for the company was mostly in the background
I supported the HBBC Branch. Great Lt Col and staff.
Pros
Good People, salery, and flexibility.
Cons
Security
Good Company
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Daniel Island, SCNovember 16, 2015
Good company with good benefits and good group of guys to work with. the MATV and MRAP programs were very rewarding and it made you feel like you were making a great contribution.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Contract work
Great company!
IT Analyst III, Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Homestead, GANovember 2, 2015
So far they are great, they even help you with college courses tuition. They bought my other company out so they are here to stay for sure. Great medical benefits also!
Pros
Work from home, virtual work
Cons
Takes a while to get Tuition help.
Great benefits
Deputy ESOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2015
Cannot reveal day to day activities. Security levels will not allow any discussion with individuals not accessed to the programs.
Benefits
Cons
Very long days
Good pay and benefits. great learning enviroment.
Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Southern IraqNovember 4, 2015
Good company with decent benefits, worked as FSR and traveled around Iraq repairing security systems for the military.
Pros
Decent pay, world travel.
Cons
Rockets, mortars, convoys, late night helo flights.
Mantech, Inc. - I learned a lot.
Logistics Tech II/Property Officer (TS/SCI) (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 19, 2016
Mantech is a good company and originally had fantastic benefits and pay. They went through a re-organization which created a difficult change for those who had been there for years but I understand they have reverted to the original organization and things have calmed down.

The contract I worked under was understood to one day revert to government staffing so this was to be a temporary location. I started as someone who would pick up and retrieve assets for upgrades and then return them to the owners. I was promoted into and educated in property and logistics and became the primary Property Officer on the project. This was the best part of the job.

The worst part was the down time after we pushed through the majority of the assets and began slowing down. I am not made to sit still for long and so had to move on when the offer came.
Pros
Company townhalls
Cons
Company townhalls
New environment new clients, new life
On-site Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  PERU CURACAOMay 12, 2016
Constantly interacting with customers supporting their mission in South America. opening tickets for every technical issue both Hardware and software. I learned a great deal with the way operations are managed working in an international environment.
I had a great teamwork environment that supported all of the technical staff working overseas. Hardest part of the work was the immediate adjustment to moving to a different country and learning how to get around. The most enjoyable part was seeing the positive impact my hard work provided to clients making sure that their mission was rarely interrupted.

It was my firs time working supporting DoD Clients. the exposure and support to different clients at an executive level made this work experience, one to remember for life.
Pros
Excellent level of professionals
Cons
Contract lost to another company
very productive work place
accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 24, 2015
cost analyst for contract position to provide support for the Accounting and Contract departments for the 1998 fiscal year Time and Material cost submission for DCAA final review of contract rates.
Cons
short job duration, no benefits
Good work life balance
Junior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Dupont, WAAugust 22, 2015
This is a good place to work for 2-3 years after college. The employer is conservative on compensation though. The work-life balance is great, it's a true 9-5 work culture.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
might get more relevant to market experience elsewhere