ManTech International Corporation

ManTech International Corporation Employee Reviews

Focus on restrictions and punishments.
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL28 November 2016
In this particular job at ManTech the overarching management focus on the workforce was about what you can't do rather that any kind of praise or rewards. While on duty: no reading, no cell phone, no computer, no chatting, no lunch with other employees, and no recognition for good job performance.
ManTech is a large corporation with thousands of employees but I have only seen my particular contract management as an example for the whole company.
bad culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA31 May 2016
verbally abusive boss - although HR got involved, there was no change. if you have any self-respect, don't work here.

they are short-handled, but they are too cheap to hire more people. this results in cutting corners.

bad benefit and compensation. health insurance is joke. pay is even worse joke.

worst decision of my life to come to work at this place
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
bad culture, pay is even worse
Great People
Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VA13 July 2016
Great management who cares about their employees. Team consists of competent and cooperative people. Interesting and challenging work. However like any government contract company, job security is an issue.
Pros
Great Benefits
Medicore company
Senior Program Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA12 June 2016
The company needs major improvements in my opinion. As in most companies, there are sections that are exceptional and others that are medicore. The area I work in has very long hours, lousy systems, grueling month-end processes, and no work/life balance. Upper management is not receptive to any changes/upgrades to improve most things which has been brought to their attention.
Cons
Basically it's a sweatshop working environment
Not Bad
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA14 August 2016
No a bad company to work for. Just had bad Management on the project. Project Manager didnt have very good communication with team. Overall company is a great company. Benefits are great.
Mantech, Inc. - I learned a lot.
Logistics Tech II/Property Officer (TS/SCI) (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MD19 May 2016
Mantech is a good company and originally had fantastic benefits and pay. They went through a re-organization which created a difficult change for those who had been there for years but I understand they have reverted to the original organization and things have calmed down.

The contract I worked under was understood to one day revert to government staffing so this was to be a temporary location. I started as someone who would pick up and retrieve assets for upgrades and then return them to the owners. I was promoted into and educated in property and logistics and became the primary Property Officer on the project. This was the best part of the job.

The worst part was the down time after we pushed through the majority of the assets and began slowing down. I am not made to sit still for long and so had to move on when the offer came.
Pros
Company townhalls
Cons
Company townhalls
Really Creative Environment
SENIOR DESIGNER/PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DC25 August 2016
I had worked in the same environment for over 30 years. I was quite pleased there. Mantech had just acquired the contract in June 2015 so I was already there having worked for General Dynamics.
Having previously been management in the the same workspace, I was extremely knowledgable of and took advantage all graphic processes available for me to use.
Good company to work, salary is average
Senior Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VA16 September 2016
Worked there for 6 years, HR is helpful to find another job within company but you may have to get a salary reduction. It may take you 5 years to get up to certain salary but if your current contract ends, you may have to take whatever position the company have at that time, including pay cut. Co-workers are great.
New environment new clients, new life
On-site Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  PERU CURACAO12 May 2016
Constantly interacting with customers supporting their mission in South America. opening tickets for every technical issue both Hardware and software. I learned a great deal with the way operations are managed working in an international environment.
I had a great teamwork environment that supported all of the technical staff working overseas. Hardest part of the work was the immediate adjustment to moving to a different country and learning how to get around. The most enjoyable part was seeing the positive impact my hard work provided to clients making sure that their mission was rarely interrupted.

It was my firs time working supporting DoD Clients. the exposure and support to different clients at an executive level made this work experience, one to remember for life.
Pros
Excellent level of professionals
Cons
Contract lost to another company
Fun
Mechanical Technician POR, FORT CARSON (Current Employee) –  Fort25 October 2016
I enjoyed this position. It offered great benefits along with excellent co-workers. If i could keep my position with this company i most certainly would.
Continually advancing in various sectors of the technology industry.
Sr. Systems Engineer, Supporting HUD OCIO/HUD SEM (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VA9 November 2016
ManTech has been more than accommodating with understanding the need for a work life balance. I don't feel like a robot being ordered around, I'm a person before an employee. Thanks to my wonderful supervisor!
Good friendly environment
Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, AL25 May 2016
I work for ManTech, but I am contracted to the Missile Defense Agency. I have advanced fast within the company. Co workers and management are great.
Pros
networking
Cons
not great medical benefits
Shipping / receiving manager
Receiving and Shipping Supervisor IRAQ (Former Employee) –  Iraq18 November 2016
Under this company we meet senior military officer every day.
Responsible for ship and inbound items, inventory.
Management is also so good, they care their staff.
Great Company to work for!
Field Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA31 March 2016
I really don't have a lot to say other than I enjoyed being part of a great company. the hardest part of the job was being away from my family for 6 months at a time do to the nature of the contract I was on.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Long hours.
****
Personnel Security Specialist, Senior (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA; Department of Defense23 September 2015
A typical workday for me requires being flexible as possible in order to meet customers' expectations. What I have come to appreciate most in my current position is being able to interact with senior level management throughout the Department of Defense. My co-workers are dynamic; as prior military we all understand the concept of teamwork. The hardest part in my current position is that there are not enough hours in a day. With that being said, it is important that I manage my time effectively.

My current compensation and benefits are above par as well as the security of my position; I welcome all opportunities for a chance to advance overall, for example management responsibilities. I currently am able to have a good work/life balance which is important to my family.
Pros
Subsidized travel expense and vacation time
Cons
Sick-time is not seperate; all time away from work is Personal Time
worse company to work for
logistics (Current Employee) –  MD30 December 2015
No raises and ive been here for years,they took away benefits except for one plan and they were already expensive. Been laid off several times. No advancement,when you move to a different position they say it's a lateral move so they don't give you anymore money. They keep cutting pay,this yr alone lost over$700 a month but don't touch people making a lot more money not doing the work. The security officer sucks with losing people paperwork. The worst company I've worked for they do not take care of employees that do the work
Pros
location I'm at close to home
Cons
pay, benefits, no advancement
Gd
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VA15 August 2016
The contract was successful in developing, installing and supporting many IT systems and applications. Descent pay, good benefits, and a good working environment.
Great Company as well as the personnel that I worked for and the men and women that worked for me.
Readness Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX18 November 2016
I had the privilege of supervising and training the people that worked for me. It was an honor to take responsibility of units equipment while they were deployed. Once they returned from deployment, there equipment was reissued and ready for them to operate and train with no operational issues.
Didn't keep up with the times
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MD24 October 2016
ManTech was a nice company to work for, but with my experience in process improvement, there was a lot of room for growth that the company was not open to exploring.
Awesome company
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX26 September 2016
KBR is an awesome company, they may not be one of the higher paying contractors but they do make up for it with perks and nice accommodations for their employee, paid vacation sick days, travel etc. It is the best company I worked for thus far.
Pros
Takes good care of employees
Cons
Can't think of any cons right now