ManTech International Corporation

ManTech International Corporation Employee Reviews

Serious place to work, but worthwhile.
Program Manager / Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TX31 January 2017
Enjoyed my time with the company. I was constantly challenged and had ample opportunity to advance depending how hard I worked and how willing I was to displace to another location. Defense contractors must go to where the work is - often remote locations or overseas. Your security in any defense contractor job is totally dependent on government contracts and you may be asked to contribute effort to write contract proposals (a time consuming, suspense driven effort that generally is not compensated). It was hard work at times, but I would work for them again.
Pros
Good benefits for management
Cons
A lot of "additional effort" is asked of management (without compensation)
Focus on restrictions and punishments.
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL28 November 2016
In this particular job at ManTech the overarching management focus on the workforce was about what you can't do rather that any kind of praise or rewards. While on duty: no reading, no cell phone, no computer, no chatting, no lunch with other employees, and no recognition for good job performance.
ManTech is a large corporation with thousands of employees but I have only seen my particular contract management as an example for the whole company.
Great Company
DCGS Trainer (Current Employee) –  AF13 January 2017
I have enjoyed my time working with ManTech, from the excellent benefits, to work locations, to excellent management.
bad culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA31 May 2016
verbally abusive boss - although HR got involved, there was no change. if you have any self-respect, don't work here.

they are short-handled, but they are too cheap to hire more people. this results in cutting corners.

bad benefit and compensation. health insurance is joke. pay is even worse joke.

worst decision of my life to come to work at this place
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
bad culture, pay is even worse
This company sucks.
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL28 December 2016
I've work with this company for about a year or so, and I can honestly say it's the worst company to work for. The only reason why I'm still here is because I haven't found anything else. And I do mean anything else will be better than this. Management do whatever they want with no worries about repercussions from the HR department. Honestly, If you can avoid this company at all cost do it, it's not worth the headache.
Pros
It pay's you on time.
Cons
Neptisisum, under pay, etc.
Great People
Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VA13 July 2016
Great management who cares about their employees. Team consists of competent and cooperative people. Interesting and challenging work. However like any government contract company, job security is an issue.
Pros
Great Benefits
Productive and good job environment
Heavy Equipment Operator (HEO) (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OK6 February 2017
Good job, good relationships, great pay and benefits plan. But this contractor is longer on Fort Sill, Oklahoma. Wish this contractor come back to Fort Sill, OK or I would like to see if this contractor has any logistics jobs in the Fort Hood, TX area. Would not matter if there any travel involved.
Pros
Great benefits package and great salary also oprtunities to move up are available.
Cons
Contract lasted only a few years in my area.
Large company
Network/System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dahlgren, VA28 December 2016
As stated in summary, it's a large company where you feel a little bit like a number. This is not a new thing, many of the large contractors are like this. While I was with them, the company was fair to all employees I knew of and paid well with a very good benefits package.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VA22 February 2017
Great work, great leadership. Job was very good and the leadership was supportive and very responsive. Compensation was also very good and there is a lot of educational opportunities.
Classification Officer (Security Admin Senior) (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VA2 February 2017
Very progressive work environment. Team setting, time management is key! Minimal growth. Hardest part is the inconsistency in contract officers. The most enjoyable part is the people I meet and concepts I have learned along the way
Medicore company
Senior Program Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA12 June 2016
The company needs major improvements in my opinion. As in most companies, there are sections that are exceptional and others that are medicore. The area I work in has very long hours, lousy systems, grueling month-end processes, and no work/life balance. Upper management is not receptive to any changes/upgrades to improve most things which has been brought to their attention.
Cons
Basically it's a sweatshop working environment
fun and productive
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TX30 December 2016
ManTech was a great company to work for, my job was very laid back and non-stressfull, Management was outstanding and helped in any way possible to help you advance.
Pros
time off
Cons
contractor job
401K Plan and Health Plan
Sr. Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VA11 February 2017
ManTech is not a good company. When an employee chooses to sign up for the 401k plan, the employee is not 100% vested until after 5 years of service. When/if an employee resigns, the health coverage lapses at midnight the day of resignation. No extension is allowed
Not Bad
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA14 August 2016
No a bad company to work for. Just had bad Management on the project. Project Manager didnt have very good communication with team. Overall company is a great company. Benefits are great.
Great working community with true investment in their employees
Subcontract Administrator, Associate (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA 2017122 January 2017
The company provides quality investment in their employees. Helping them become better at their job. It is a good place to work with traditional office benefits.
Good pay, management not great, click's
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan18 January 2017
Work 7 day week, 84 hrs. 12hr shifts well compensated. good training, OJT learned while working on repairs, parts and supplies were hard to keep up with equipment changes and upgrades, new equipment did not always have parts available when needed, kept job completions waiting, work on several projects as parts arrive, kept busy, made work days not seem so long, training new arrivals was not an easy task, complete vehicle rebuilds, all systems, complete replacement was fastest and easy, component repairs not supported by parts, replace assemblies, A/C, heaters, power packs, suspension, electrical systems, dash gauge's assemblies not parts.
Pros
month holiday @ 6 months
Cons
Long hrs
Productive, Fun, rewarding
Principal Architect (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MD17 January 2017
I love the folks at the Belcamp office. There is a lot of room for advancement. They reward good work. They are very flexible and they have an open door policy which is great.
lessons learned
Business intelligence and Jr. Project Management (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA6 December 2016
overall a good company but needs some management restructure. There are to many managers or those wanting to be managers and not enough worker bees. They lack the communication skills required to effectively run a large business.
Continually advancing in various sectors of the technology industry.
Sr. Systems Engineer, Supporting HUD OCIO/HUD SEM (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VA9 November 2016
ManTech has been more than accommodating with understanding the need for a work life balance. I don't feel like a robot being ordered around, I'm a person before an employee. Thanks to my wonderful supervisor!
Productive and Rewarding
Shop Lead (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GA18 January 2017
Assist unit with any needed questions and concerns. Management and co-workers are all helpful and good to work with. Hardest part of working is waiting on parts.