Mamaweswen, the North Shore Tribal Council invites applications for the position of a Registered Physiotherapist to work within four (4) of our First Nation communities; Mississauga First Nation (outside of Blind River), Serpent River First Nation (Cutler), and Sagamok Anishnawbek (Massey) and Atikameksheng Anishnawbek (Naughton). The North Shore Tribal Council Health Department is a not-for-profit organization. As one of ten Aboriginal Health Access Centres in Ontario, N’Mninoeyaa Aboriginal Health Access Centre provides a combination of traditional healing, primary care, Health Promotion programs, Mental Health and Community Support Services to its member First Nation communities situated along the north shore of Lake Huron, between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury.
We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to provide assessment, consultation and direct treatment as part of a multidisciplinary team and with the support of a Rehabilitation Assistant. Travel to communities will be required, however a company vehicle is provided and all travel costs are covered.
The North Shore Tribal Council offers a premium employee benefits and pension plan, competitive salary, excellent professional development opportunities, up to 10 days paid professional development leave, and professional fees paid up to $1200/annually.
- Degree or diploma in Physiotherapy and registered with the College of Physiotherapy of Ontario;
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years of recent clinical experience. Community experience working with the elderly is considered an asset;
- ADP authorizer (or willing and able to obtain).
- Skills and knowledge of acupuncture therapy would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently while exercising sound professional judgement;
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain empathetic and therapeutic relationships;
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team;
- Experience providing clinical supervision to students and rehabilitation assistants an asset.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of the Aboriginal cultural values and traditions. Knowledge and ability to work with people with diverse practices, cultures and beliefs.
- Proficient in the use of computers including the use of mobile technology.
- Ability to effectively participate in care planning to meet clients’ physical, psychosocial, cultural, and emotional needs.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving in crisis situations.
- Ability to negotiate and implement an effective goal-oriented, client-centred care plan.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
- Ability to organize daily workload in the presence of frequent interruptions.
- Valid CPR certificate.
- A clear criminal reference check is a condition of employment.
- Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
Given the traditional practices of Aboriginal people, from time to time exposure to smoke from the burning of sacred medicines; tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar, may occur.
Salary: $60,000 to $66,568
Application deadline: No later than 12:00 noon on June 14th, 2013.
Send letter of application, resume and three (3) current letters of reference, a clear criminal reference check, along with copies of diploma and professional licences to:
Human Resources Officer, Mamaweswen, the North Shore Tribal Council, 473A, Highway 17, Cutler, ON P0P 1B0 Phone: (705) 844-2340 Fax: (705) 844-2563