Malvern Family Resource Centre
Youth Centre - Skateboard Project Coordinator JOB POSTING: Contract, Part-time
Job Summary: Responsible for overseeing all core programs at the Youth Centre
- Plan and co-ordinate skateboard project for neighbourhood youth
- Bring together partners including TDSB; TCDSB; Parks, Forestry & Recreation;
neighbourhood youth; and Malvern Family Resource Centre staff.
- Create a plan for the implementation of summer and shoulder season skateboarding
opportunities for local youth.
- Ensure the delivery of accessible and safe programming times.
- Work with youth, community partners and businesses to develop a plan and to acquire
necessary ramps, rails and other equipment.
- Develop and implement an outreach plan to promote the program and recruit participants.
- Support the coordination of learning clinics as well as special events and fundraisers
related to the development of the skateboard facility.
- Keeps statistics on program attendance.
- Participates actively as a member of the Youth Centre Staff team.
- Consults with other Youth staff at regular team meetings to review the quality of programs
provided and to resolve any problems that arise.
- Purchase supplies and equipment with approval from the Program Director.
- Attends staff meetings, training sessions and other youth related events.
- Ensures the implementation of the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Provides written reports as required.
- Develop links, liaise and network with the local schools, community agencies, Rec Centre, library, worship places, police, local mall, and plazas within the Malvern community.
- Ensures the on-going support of the youth network committees.
- Works closely with existing partners and develop new partnerships to benefit the
- Seek out new resources and build on existing resources to enhance programs.
Skills, Education, Experience and other Requirements
- Candidate will have a degree/diploma in social services or a related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Candidate will have a strong interest and knowledge of skateboarding and skateboarding culture; and a familiarity with youth development
- Knowledge of construction will be considered an asset
- Understanding of youth and issues that affect them.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in program development and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting.
- Strong ability to work with and relate to diverse groups.
- Valid Driver’s License with access to a car will be considered an asset
- Commitment to anti-racism and non-discrimination practices within an anti-oppression
- Assists with other duties as required or as assigned.
The Skateboard Project Coordinator is directly accountable to the Youth Program Manager.
Hours of Work & Rate of Pay
- 25 hours per week including occasional evening and weekend work as required
- Hourly wage is approximately $21/hour
Good working environment. Must abide with Malvern Family Resource Centre’s Policies and Procedures.
Job responsibilities are subject to change under the direction or assignment of the Executive Director, in consultation with the Board of Directors.
Please send resume to either one of the following: Closing Date: Friday, July 19th, 2013 at 5pm
Fax: (416) 284-4875
Phone No: (416) 284-4184 ext.22
Malvern Family Resource Centre is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.